Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

RCandME Track/ Community Track

Go down 
+8
bigwavedave33
durtslinger35
jason.wible
RP Bandit
TQ59
alexortega2003
RTAMAYO86
ExcelMarketTX
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigwavedave33

RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I agree I'm sure they take a big loss on the track. But on the flip side if they did some things to enhance it, it could stand alone and break even.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:15 pm

No way in a million years it would break even, thanks again Hal's for keeping it open.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Completely agree with all the ones saying how a track will not break even at the end of the year. and I join in to thank hal's for keeping it open.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:56 pm

il help too Smile
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Ok guys . i know that some of you r just venting out ur fustrations and i feel ya. but, in the 20 years that i have been racing lots of money has been invested ,and many changes have been done at Hals Race track... some of you guys have been in this hobby for a short while and r thinking that changes at a Race Track can be done on the FLy!!! it doesnt work quite that way ... it takes alot of money and man power to do such a task... I was there when we only had a 40x40 sq ft on-onroad track and hand counted our laps.I was there when Carlos (owner of Hals) Dropped 13,000 dlls of Asphalt to build us an OnRoad track at our Request .!!! And shortly after everyone stopped showing up... I was there When he Dropped 3000.00 dlls to Fly in Casey Peck (factory Team Driver) to build us a track.. Not to mention 13 dump truck of dirt at 89.00 per trip.... Hals on several occasions have sponsored Huge Races for the "MDA" muscular disabled kids and have donated all proceeds to that Organization. I can go on and on !!!!! I know that some of you guys think the Track is making money but u can ask any track owner and they will tell you the same...track will break even at best !!!! The Track is only an extension of the Business not the Goose that lays the Golden eggs... The closest track was 4 hours away before any tracks here in ELP were even around..so, consider your selfs lucky that we have such nice tracks like Hals and Bobbys here to race on...
Tracks Do wear out and Do need lots off maintenance and thats where we start to voice our complaints so, i challenge any one that is willing to pick up a shovel to meet me at Hals or Bobbys track to fix the "ruts" and "potholes"or anything else that needs work and i will bet you that ony 2 will show up !!!!!
Its easy to judge and i know cause i have done it too, but its another thing to go out and try to fix things yourself...Lets be greatfull for what we have and enjoy the Hobby ... after all they are only toy cars lol
My props for Hals and Bobbys track Keep up the good work !!!!!
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for clearing up the facts TQ. When I mentioned earlier about thousands of dollars it was no exaggeration by any mean. Also Hal's does the Toys for Tots Race in December which is really awesome.
A lot of people like to talk but why don't we just get it done. TQ if you'll talk to Charlie about letting us groom the track I and at the very least a handful of guys will be there. Let's do it next Saturday on the off day. That'll give the track some time to settle in for the race that follows. I know a really good track builder awwcheeww...
Andrew awwwcheeww.... that should be up to help. I will buy pizza's and if someone else can buys cokes and a Dr. Pepper for TQ that'll be cool. Oh yeah and for the record I'm not running for race director or track president. Just trying to support the local scene. Thank you Hal's and the Yarbrough family for consistently providing a great race environment for local racers.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:29 pm

[b]Just say when and i will talk to the Carlos and we will get er done !!![/b]
We can ask Bobby if he needs help at his track as well in preparation on the upcoming event...
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Next saturday @ 6:00 PM till were done cheers If you're reading this and will be there reply "I'm IN"

We'll ask Bobby about prepping his track on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:31 pm

i can also help at bobbys if u all need help.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:50 am

I do have to agree with TQ we are lucky to have the tracks we have here in EPT cuz you know as well as i do, it seems nothing last in this city but thats another topic. Well even though im in agreement with TQ there can always be improvement to Hal's Bobby's and even RC & Me but its gonna take the support of us the RC'ers to make it happen. We need to get involved and donate some time and elbow grease and make the improvements because in the end the tracks are here for us and we as RC'ers need to take some pride in the tracks we frequent and make them better places to race and enjoy ourselves. Im sure that someone knows someone who knows someone that would maybe be willing to lend us a bobcat maybe something larger and maybe donate some dirt or we can do donations out of our own pockets to buy supplies or what ever just to get the ball rolling on track improvements. we all seem to want want want but never seem to want to do something about it ourselves "let them do it" seems to be the attitude but if we can stand together with a common goal we can get it done. Sorry its long winded its....

just my 2 cents

thanks
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:49 pm

]b]Well Said !!![/b]
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:58 pm

ya very well said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCandME Track/ Community Track
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2