Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

RCandME Track/ Community Track

Go down 
+8
bigwavedave33
durtslinger35
jason.wible
RP Bandit
TQ59
alexortega2003
RTAMAYO86
ExcelMarketTX
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

RCandME Track/ Community Track  Empty
PostSubject: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Thank you Robert for coming on the site. We're glad to have you on here. Go ahead and continue the discussion from the "Congrats on New Site" Topic here.

Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Thank you for this space to continue discussing about the community track.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:18 pm

You're welcome.

I don't think that building a community track for anyone to come to would be a bad idea. If you ask me,
there are only two tracks in town. Hal's and Bobby's(raceParty.net). Reason being is that they run consisently
and they are both running AMB systems. Don't get me wrong, running five counts with buddies is cool and all
but for competitive racing, it's gotta be done right. You also want to make sure that if you start something you coordinate it with the other tracks. Hal's runs every other Saturday and Bobby's runs every Sunday. There will
be a three day event next month at Bobby's and it'll be on a weekend that Hal's doesn't run. I think it would be great if RCandME would get there track going and run the Saturdays that Hal's doesn't run. Racer's like to run at different tracks. Maybe you can talk to RcandME about getting lights up.
Back to top Go down
alexortega2003

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:45 am

yes, i think that the first thing that needs to be, some lights.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:42 am

Hello again people.

I am very excited because I got to talk with the people in charge of the bmx track that user cjchaparr82 mentioned about a local event. I was there and took my nitros just in case and got to test it after everything was done. The track is pretty neat except that it is a point A to B style these guys race bikes from point A to B.
Although for electrics there is no problem on racing that way. A nitro is of course not very interesting on turning on for a 45 second race but it seems that the track can be used as a circuit. It is a very cool track and in around 2 weeks I will be notified if they do want to start incorporating RC racing to their track.

I will keep in touch with them and of course with you. They seemed to be interested as we are providing them with an extra fund raising for the track and they even asked on how we do racing and want to buy the amb on the future. This is great for us RC racers living on the west side.

In the conversation with them we considered bobby's and hal's racetrack schedules as I saw them here posted by ExcelMarketTX. They suggested to make thursday nights as practice for RC or maybe racing. If they do decide to accept us there, I would suggest to have one week practice and one week racing. They said about $5.00 per car for practice.

Let me know if you would be interested on paying 4 or 5 bucks to practice. It is on the west side of town. Ask your friends etc. I will get a date to see how many people show up and which cars and of course how many cars. If this works out this will be a great track on the west side.

I want to thank everyone specially:
cjchaparr82, ExcelMarketRC, and the creator of the forum.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:20 am

RC & Me Hobby Shop in many occasions has tried to open a RC Race Facilities in Different locations and has never
succeeded. Me and others races have met at His Hobby shop and at his Track to Discuss the How to's on how to Organize a good Race Club here in El Paso but, nothing was ever done.
Their Most Recent track on Loop 375 highway is still there, track is in very poor condition, fence is now gone the only thing standing there is a empty Container.... I really don't thinks he has any plans to re-open
this facility anymore...
At the present time only 2 RC Tracks that i know of Hold Races Consistently and have done so, for many years and that is Hals Hobby on Bessemer street.. and Bobby's Every Sunday Come Rain or Snow..!!!!!!
and that to me shows Dedication to the Hobby and its Race Members .... just my 2 cents ....
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:41 am

+ 1 on dedication to the racers. Both tracks have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars providing
a great place to race. And bobby's really does run every sunday rain or shine. I'm thankful for both tracks and more so their owners.
Back to top Go down
alexortega2003

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:12 am

cheers

Last edited by alexortega2003 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:04 am

Ah come on Alex !!!! dont be hating .... Hals does have the nices 1/8th scale reace track around here...
They do the best with what they have ... It may not be the "Nitro Pit" but we really cant complain...
What if we didnt have any RC tracks in El Paso !!! What would you say then ???? Lets be happy with what
we have and enjoy this Hobby the way it was intended.. cheers
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:16 am

Hey RTAMAYO86,

Ask your boys at RC & Me if they wanna sell their container!! It'll be going to a real nice home. I'll
even leave their banner on it.

....and support your local "established" tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
alexortega2003

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:00 pm

What a Face

Last edited by alexortega2003 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:29 pm

I see this thread is getting read by some of you and I am sure you are right about the RC&ME track. and the container is a pretty good idea to use as a tower and storage.

I will be extending an invitation to everyone to a meeting which I hope will be a successful way of getting to know more people and help the hobby grow.

This will be as soon as I have some information I am waiting for and probably will be in 2 weeks.

I will try to be at bobby's this sunday or if hal's will race this saturday please let me know.
Back to top Go down
jason.wible

jason.wible

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:28 pm

t

Last edited by jason.wible on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:07 am

Man the topic is drifting a little off. As a moderator you guys are putting us a tough spot here. I will say this:
"The views and opinions of the users of this forum do not directly reflect the administrators of elpasorc.com" .
Having said that, I think that if more than a few people have the same thing to say, it's prob not made up.
I'll also say that one must come to their own defense. ElPasoRc.com does have a link on craigslist.org and
I know certain people post ads on craigslist.org .
RTAMAYO86 I think RPBandit is extending a great point on supporting your established tracks. Not just anyone can run a racetrack and believe me many have tried. Hal's and Bobby's have stood the test of time and will continue to do so. If you want to help this hobby grow you gotta get in it. Sell one of your nitros and buy an electric to runs at Bobby's. And run the other nitro at Hal's. Invite your friends to come check out the action and encourage them to join the fun. Let us coach you and one day you will be coaching others. I can honestly say that I've never had to sit a main out because my truck was broken. Someone came through with a part and even tightened my lug nuts and clipped my body on as I ran up to the driver's stand. Last night I had the opportunity to do the same for a first timer and it felt good. That's what this hobby is all about. Helping others out and having a good time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:22 am

x2 on that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:36 am

I think this forum is a great way to express our opinions and past experiences with different shops. That's what forums are for. If I was a newbie I would really like someone to steer me away form crooks and towards good shops. This is an expensive hobby itself, it's worse when you get taken advantage of. Any shop owner has the ability to get on this site and defend themselves.

Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:18 am

Yes Electric is the way to go. They even have a conversion for the Baja, if that says anything... 20+ minute run times, more speed than you need, don't need fuel, and CLEAN.

It only takes one time at the track to see all the fun PERIOD. Last sunday even though I got there late... There were over 30 drivers. If nitro was where it was at I'd be there. Hell I'm an onroad/keep at least 3 wheels on the ground guy(so come on guys bring it on the OVAL!!!).

It looks to me like a club/race association may be the way to get things in order, help solve conflicts, and grow our hobby in a conflict of interest/hobby shop/track owner free enviornment. This would allow us to hopefully put advertisements at each shop/track to encourge folks to come out to all race events in EL Paso and maybe one day again LC. I believe good discussion will help lead us to the association.

As far as business/shops go, and having started and run multiple successful businesses for over 15 years, there is one thing for sure: you can't please everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:18 pm

We have the best of both worlds right here in EP, big badass track at Hals and tight technical track at Bobby's, the tracks schedule around each other so everybody can participate at both. It would take a serious investment to out do these guys. Hey Alex, the track is rough and tore up BECAUSE ITS OFFROAD!!
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Yes Curt you are right. Serious investment would be needed. I hate to see businesses fail as well and I have seen many fail since I was a board member of the Small Business Administration in New Mexico. I would never discourage someone from going into business but it takes a lot of thought and planning. Especially to penetrate an existing market.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:48 pm

bigwavedave33 wrote:
Yes Curt you are right. Serious investment would be needed. I hate to see businesses fail as well and I have seen many fail since I was a board member of the Small Business Administration in New Mexico. I would never discourage someone from going into business but it takes a lot of thought and planning. Especially to penetrate an existing market.

Yeah, I can see where you are going. The AMB system is around $5000 and that is just the system required. This is why I am recurring to all possible contacts to see if there is actually enough interest to present a well organized plan to a sponsor. Who would not invest a huge amount to a good plan? Of course that having the huge amount needed that was mentioned.

Now then the thing is, nobody wants to give away money without a profit or benefit. And that is a fact.
Back to top Go down
alexortega2003

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Argyle43 wrote:
We have the best of both worlds right here in EP, big badass track at Hals and tight technical track at Bobby's, the tracks schedule around each other so everybody can participate at both. It would take a serious investment to out do these guys. Hey Alex, the track is rough and tore up BECAUSE ITS OFFROAD!!

i agree with you curt

Last edited by alexortega2003 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Que onda mi alex te voy a apollar!

I agree with alex in that aspect, I have talked to eric on more than one occasion about changing up the track and he is in agreement, unfortunately he is not in control of what is done to track. I have seen the frustration on his face when I ask him about it or make suggestions and all he can do is take it to management or ownership. Ultimately, they have to decide to do it though. That is why he suggested going backwards but that only made it worse.

Yes, I am glad that they even have a track there to run at because I enjoy it and the people who go are easy to get along with and very helpful, but I do think they could invest a little and make it better, especially with all these new people getting into it. The worst thing a business can do is become complacent and just assume that the people will keep coming back. Which is why I'm excited to see what is coming in the future at Bobby's and TVH. afro

Or maybe Royal Jones will build the ULTIMATE RC experience like they have in Dallas at Mike's Hobby!!?? lol! "If you build it they will come!"
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:41 pm

When I had a conversation with a local track owner, his excuse was the track takes up over half of the land he pays taxes on, takes a lot of water, and time to maintain blah blah blah and makes no money. It was more of a headache for him than an enhancement bringing people together and customers to the store. When I was on that mailing list there was a message that went out about track maintanence but has not consistantly delivered or maybe ever delivered. scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Hals   RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:07 pm

I'd bet Hal's takes a tremendous loss on their racetrack, a lot more than you guys think. It probably makes them sick having to look at it everyday, yet they keep it open so we can play. I am very grateful to have a choice where I can play here in EP. We would have to drive pretty far to get a RC racing experience like we have here. Thanks and hats off to Hal's and the Yarbrough family.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:07 pm

I have to say the bessemer track is a fairly large track. Many things are easier said than done. The squeeky wheel does get the grease. Maybe if we get enough squeeky wheels, we'll get some grease. Or some clay Question
I think if someone drew out a real rice layout and set a date, they might consider the change. I don't think anyone who races out their would hold back in helping out. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCandME Track/ Community Track    RCandME Track/ Community Track  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCandME Track/ Community Track
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next