Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?

Go down 
+9
nmdesertracer
bigwavedave33
RP Bandit
rangerjkb
outoforder
stixracing
ExcelMarketTX
RTAMAYO86
ginoford
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 am

It's nice to see everyone posting on this. I could honestly tell that this was a gnawing issue just by the looks on people's faces when they see what they're up against. I agree with just about everything said here, and I also agree mostly with setting rules. Although I'm not the pioneer of cramming 8th scale stuff in the SC trucks, but I am guilty. I will say this however, if you set up three exact sct's one box stock, one with a 550 can and a 2s, and the final one with 8th scale electronics and a 4S and have the same good driver behind them all; with track conditions as equal as possible, you'd see a big difference between lap times for each set up. At least this would be hard to disprove on a track like Hal's. A smaller track would definitely have a different outcome. But back to Hal's; if the track has traction; the 4S set up is hard to compete with. Just look at which vehicles are TQ'ing and winning there. I still have just about every print out from Hal's and my lap times are much quicker now with the 8th scale set up. Last Sat. Like bobby stated, it's not always the car, but I'd have to add that for me, I've noticed a huge difference. One huge advantage I saw with my 4S was whenever I began to get into traffic, my vehicle weight helped to stabilize my truck whenever someone hit me, and 9 times out of ten, it was the other vehicle that was sent out of control. So that is something else to think about.

I think we should have pit meetings every race. This way all concerns can be vocalized then and it's a great way to gather peoples' opinions. If we decide to separate classes then that's what we do. If we decide to implement rules then that's what we do. Starting earlier is a great idea, like 9:30, but there will always be someone we'd upset by doing this. Anyhow, I'm enjoying everyones' responses.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 am

Another short note. Last Sat we combined the 8th scale buggies and truggies, we should do this all the time, just for cutting down time. What do you think??
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 am

From a time management perspective, getting the tracks to live up to the 4 or 5 minutes between races and not taking 30 minute breaks between heats and mains is the problem. We all love to race, clearly, but if you can't get your car ready, everyone else should not have to wait.

If you have been to tracks or races outside of El Paso, they don't operate on driver's time, they operate on the track's time. It is disrespectful to everyone by not being ready. Sure things happen, but don't make everyone else wait.

Again another reason for forming a club and having everyone be responsible to the rules that are set in place by the club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am

Well another time taker is watering the track, just run it dry. People can learn how to drive with dry conditions. Or even sugar the track, when Hals did the haloween havoc they put sugar on the track and didn't water as much and the traction was pretty good. At least I thought.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 pm

IMHO, sugaring hals is not a viable solution with outdoor tracks. I think what desert downs and race party are doing is the viable solution. Dirt work is the only answer along with the correct dirt. Tracks take work, but its up to the RC Community to either do it themselves or demand it. I think that is why we are seeing other tracks creep up.

Watering the track is one thing... mudding the track is another. With proper prep the track should just have to be swept, but that is WAAAAAAYYYYY off topic here Smile
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Gosh Dave I should flag you for going off topic Rolling Eyes Yeah for some reason local tracks have a hard time accommodating large turnouts. I think racing can be hit and miss and when it hits it can be overwhelming. In regards to the TOPIC at hand, a pit meeting would be good. Ultimately Eric will decide what we do since he is the race director.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm

I' wouldn't mind running Hal's dry, but when that track is dry it's like the equivalent of throwing silt on smooth concrete and racing. It's like off road drift racing. lololol. When the 105 temps arrive, the dirt at Hal's won't stay together. When I did go and race at Bobby's the track was dry but it had gobs of traction. IT was the first time I've ever ruined a set of new tires in 3 races. That's how much traction my truck was getting there. Desert Downs has the potential to be similar, but it's my opinion that Hal's track needs the water since the track maintenance isn't there. Plus I've noticed that I replace bearings three times as often after racing Hal's; maybe it's because of this dry silty sandy condition. Then those damn winds pick up and blows the sand all over the place....let's all pitch in for an indoor track....

Better yet, lets build an on road track with jumps.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Adrian I concur...Let's talk with Eric.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

No traction issues at any of the tracks, dry or wet, but realy don't enjoy racing in overwatered conditions (mud). I think everyone has their likes/dislikes, but it's realy about enjoying the challenges of Offroad and preparing a vehicle to perform in what ever the given conditions are. Providing consistent characteristics for the races would be the best for a racer, dry or wet.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Whatever JASON!!!! lolololololololololol....You better watch out, I getting better with my 8th scale buggy and I've got you in my sights. hahahah...

No really. Yeah I don't like over watered either, but I do like it damp. But you're right part of the fun is tuning the vehicle. Now go pick up a 10th scale 4x4 so we can race in more than just one class.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:20 pm

I agree, I do prefer the track to be a little damp at Hal's and I realy enjoy racing with everyone there. Believe, me I know your coming fast with your E-Buggy and makes for some very exciting racing Very Happy man, its hard enough for me to try and keep up with everyone running the Nitro and E-Buggy class....adding one more may be overwhelming, lol! Plus, I truly like to whatch y'all lay it down in that class...almost 3 heats worth of trucks and growing!!!!

Last edited by rangerjkb on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

lol Gino you're a heck of a driver and its always good to have someone ahead of you to push you to become a better driver. in my case you're that person. So whatever I'm coming after you lol

I couldn't agree more with Jason on set-up and getting the most out of your car on different conditions. But trying to drive a 2wd short course truck for ten minutes without water after nitro buggies and truggies tore up the track for 40 MINUTES! We'll that's something I wouldn't wish upon anybody Arrow
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I would consider everthing posted and recommend a solution that best levels the class with an agreed upon set of rules or limmits, as we did in the Onroad TC Class. It made for great racing, grew the class, kept cost down, and allowed for more time to race on the track.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I like to run at hals dry. When its wet it takes me a whole days cleaning. And the dirt at hals does shred bearings. Just dial in some expo when its dry. Im gonna start going to DD more often love the track there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 pm

ExcelMarketTX wrote:
lol Gino you're a heck of a driver and its always good to have someone ahead of you to push you to become a better driver. in my case you're that person. So whatever I'm coming after you lol

I couldn't agree more with Jason on set-up and getting the most out of your car on different conditions. But trying to drive a 2wd short course truck for ten minutes without water after nitro buggies and truggies tore up the track for 40 MINUTES! We'll that's something I wouldn't wish upon anybody Arrow
seems like someone can't drive on dry conditions, a wet track is just a false sense of hope. Summer is coming and the water on the track won't stay wet forever. Arcor runs their track dry with sugar. I beleive they don't allow the sc 4x4 to use 8 scale system.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 pm

outoforder wrote:
ExcelMarketTX wrote:

seems like someone can't drive on dry conditions, a wet track is just a false sense of hope. Summer is coming and the water on the track won't stay wet forever. Arcor runs their track dry with sugar. I beleive they don't allow the sc 4x4 to use 8 scale system.

Andre there is nothing wrong with running dry if the track is swept. But that main everyone was on marbles. You weren't there so it's very easy to just assume. This last main Daniel and gave the track a quick spritz and it made a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 pm

It's called drifting, sliding adjusting tour finger off the throttle and using a break Adrian. I guess I never drove on a dry track either.what next I haven't driven a sc4x4?
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 pm

watering dirt gives traction. Watering clay makes ice.. Properly preparing a surface... priceless

ACORR only sugars during Tweed. 500lbs of sugar is what they use once a year.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm

And for the southwest showdown as well. I ran that race last year and it was sugared. Back to subject, there should be some kind of vote for rules from people who run sc4x4.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

ok for big races twice or 3 times max a year. one rain its gone, but since we don't get much rain it might last a little longer than ABQ. But you know as soon as its put down.... it will rain!!
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:55 pm

ha Dave it's funny because it's true! Didn't the Desert downs track just mix clay and sand? I have to say the track surface there is pretty sweet.

Andre I was referring to my 2wd. I love running 4wd on a dry track Cool
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Same concept applies for 2wd.
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:39 pm

ginoford wrote:
Adrian I concur...Let's talk with Eric.
Eric is Not the person to ask !!!! trust me...!!!! There is Higher ups that will make the Final Decision....and Eric will Comply....
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:13 am

Sooooo... Can you tell Charlie that running a 4s in a Short Course truck is nuts and they should have a 1/10 scale 2s limit Question
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:56 am

I can get the Rules Changed just say the Word !!!! But get ready to get some Heat from some Racers... cause its gonna come back to you,,,!!! are you sure you want to do this ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?   8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th scale motors in SC 4x4's - Is this fair?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next