Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

December Race / Practice Dates

Go down 
+5
ginoford
Jperkins1021
Some87
cjchaparr82
Speed world staff1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Speed world staff1

December Race / Practice Dates Empty
PostSubject: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 am

Saturday Race dates: 12/08,12/15,12/22,12/29
Doors open at 10:00am race starts at 1:00 pm

Wednesday Nite Quickie: 12/12, 12/19 ...
Closed 12/26 Merry Christmas !!!
Door open @4:00 pm race starts @ 7:00 pm

Open Practice every Friday doors open @ 12:00 pm till 9:00 pm
Closed Sundays ...

We are here because of you !!
We thank you and wish you a happy holiday season!

Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Joey, can i suggest adding at least one more class for the wednesday night racing, namely an 1/8 scale class for those of us that dont have shortcourse. I am trying to get a friend to go 1/8 scale also so that we could have more racers in the class but he doesnt want to because there are no classes for it on the wednesday night racing. With CJ's mx schedule it makes it hard for me to get there for the saturday racing.

Also, Sunday practice was good for me because if we got back from the races saturday night i could go sunday to speedworld to at least practice. 2 Cents
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Chris, we might try a open 1/8th buggy-truggy class . I know it's hard for you to make the weekend race and at this point I NEED Sunday to catch up from my jobs!!!

Lets see If we can get any others that want to race this class .?

The idea was To have a quick race nite program but adding 1 more class shouldn't take that much longer.

Also how's CJ doing at motocross ?
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm

I should have my 1/8 e buggy ready in the next few weeks but I can only make every other wednsday due to my shift change. One week we work in the morning and the next week we go in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Jperkins1021

Jperkins1021

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:34 pm

I might be able to run on the 19th with my 1/8 e buggy.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks Joey, i appreciate that, right now my buggy is a shelf queen cuz i can't get out there as much as i would like to. Saw Christian saturday at tulie, getting better! As far as CJ yeah he is doing awesome, had some bad luck last week in Arizona so we are making bike changes and it is costing me some $$$$ affraid affraid affraid But its for the kids sooo gotta do it, getting ready for a big race in Oklahoma, else I would have SC 2 and 4 wheel drive and Truggy out there!
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

Lets talk about adding 1/8th
The electric buggy truggy to the Program for the Wednesday Nite Quickie!!
If anyone is interested then please be there to discus this class , bring tour cars and if we have enough show up this Wednesday 12/12 then we will race them ...
I am all for this cheers
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm all for this, as I race 8th buggy as well. My only concern is that we'll get out even later. I'm finding myself home at 10:30pm, which is a lot too late for me. I do understand why we're splitting classes, yet unfortunately; it does add up to a longer race night. On top of that, it's taking corner marshals way too long to get out and help. I know that the SPeed World staff have been torn trying to please as many of us as they can, but it's my vote that we keep Wed nights aimed at SC only. I don't think that enough 8th scales would show up on Wed. to create a class, but I could be completely incorrect. I agree that we should have a discussion about this.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Gino is correct when stating the corner Marshall problem and that the races end late because of this.
It actually takes as long to get the Marshall's in position as it does to run a race.

What strikes me as funny is for the most part my newer drivers are out and on the track and waiting on seasoned drivers to get to Thier Marshall positions .

So it is my opinion that if we want to get out earlier then it's really up to racers .

Also noted is the delay of racers that are charging batteries or working on broken parts and that in my eyes can't be helped.

I want to try to speed things up on our end as well with no delays between rounds . As soon as we get the next round set then we will start that round with minimal delay.
One other thing is the trophy presentation take a while and we will work on speeding that up by giving trophies right after each main ends.

Let's all try to speed this nite up PLEASE !
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Well how many heats are you all running? Also here's a idea if you don't get out to the track to marshal then you don't race the next round. If you have to work on your car than find someone to take your place.
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm

i think the question is whether the 8th scale guys will come out and support this effort. if they are given the chance to race on wed. to save time all can do just one heat and a longer main. this way SW can determine if it is worth the trouble.

Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm

WTH!!! I thought you were going to keep the negativity to yourself Gino?? Rolling Eyes haha. Some of us that aren't as fortunate as others and have a car for every class would like to race as well lol! But, as I said in an earlier post i like to rc as much as the next guy but unfortunately for me, actually I don't consider it unfortunate, my priority is my son who is chasing his dream to be a pro rider and that takes precedence over my own wants for now. You of all people being related to lil jon carney knows how expensive it is to race motorsports and try to be the top rider/driver.

I would like to run every class and would even dabble in nitro as I work on motorcycle motors all the time but for now I am stoked with the odonnell, YES lone odonnell e-buggy.

Please do not misconstrue this as a negative post just my humble suggestion so that everyone could be involved in the wed night quickie because it looks like fun. 2 Cents
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I won't say anymore than that I would like to run on wednsday or Sunday. I know for sure I won't be able to make it to every wednsday race because work but ill be able to make it to more Sunday races. Ill have my buggy done soon.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Nothing quick about last Wednesday   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 am

Gino is right. Last Wednesday we only had 10 2wd and 7 or 8 4wd and it took a long time to run. Splitting the 10 2wd cars 3 ways was ridiculous. Not only did we not have enough Marshall's because there were only 3-4 cars in every 2wd race, the staff spent a lot of time calling for volunteers which ate up time. We ended up with kids marshaling, and although they mean well, they don't perform the job like an adult. I also witnessed several occasions where 4x4 trucks came within inches of hitting these kids in the HEAD. If we ran the 2wd together there would have been plenty of adult Marshall's for the 4wd and they could have marshaled the 2wd. The novice/beginners would have still needed volunteers, but three Marshall's can adequately cover the novice half track. Can we ad another class on Wednesday? Sure, but only if Joey is there to keep things moving and make better descions where format and marshaling is concerned. Last Wednesday was a step backwards for speed world, I hope tonight goes smoother.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks to joey and the other 4x4 drivers in the class for letting me run now i get to experience all the fun yall have been having on wednesday nights! Hopefully ill get a SC 4x4 soon. Great turnout tonight also lots of new faces and some veterans cheers
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 am

Was some great racing tonight I'm just sad that i wasn't able to run. I only showed up just to marshal. Hope I at least helped a little.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 am

AR, always good to see you, and we appreciate the support! After all, you have the ccolest RC IMHO!
Back to top Go down
OldGuydust

OldGuydust

PostSubject: Ill sell..   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm

I have a sc104x4 for sale if you are interested.... Just let me know.. Joey, Ron, Jason Smith, bunch of PPl know me and my rigs.. I will hold onto my 1/8th buggy, but for now I need to pay for other things in lifes' calling.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Old guys dust $$$   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Put a price on your stuff..
Back to top Go down
OldGuydust

OldGuydust

PostSubject: okie dokie   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

ok here is a link since I didnt want to thread jack... Cheers! see ya soon!

http://www.elpasorcforum.com/t790-ftsc10-4x4-race-build-all-the-best#6541
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Race / Practice Dates   December Race / Practice Dates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Race / Practice Dates
Page 1 of 1