Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Saturday December 1st

Go down 
+7
Speed world staff1
nmdesertracer
ginoford
RP Bandit
Some87
Argyle43
RicksPerf
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RicksPerf

Saturday December 1st Empty
PostSubject: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Rick's Performance Center is working hard to bring 3-6 short course trucks out to play with you guys.

Can you all give a rundown on the schedule for Saturday December 1st?

Also, are transponders available to rent or buy at the track?

Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Hal's   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Hal's is having their toys for tots show Saturday, and their two day show next weekend. Check Hal's hobby r/c raceway on Facebook. Speed world is running short course trucks on Wednesday evenings-- speed world r/c raceway on FB too
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 am

at speed world the track opens at 9 or 10 AM and racing normaly starts at 1PM. as for transponders they dont rent or sell them from what i know but they can still count your laps manually.

Last edited by Some87 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

Some87 wrote:
i wouldnt touch hals with a 10 foot poll. at speed world the track opens at 9 or 10 AM and racing normaly starts at 1PM. as for transponders they dont rent or sell them from what i know but they can still count your laps manually.

Please explain why you wouldn't touch Hal's with a 10ft pole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 am

Delete

Last edited by Some87 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Hal's    Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 am

Hal's rents transponders, the new layout is a blast. Sw is fun too, we have the best of both worlds right now as far as Rc racing is concerned, wish they would work together.
Back to top Go down
RicksPerf

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Didn't want to start a pissing match here guys, just wanted to get some start times for Saturday.

After the 1 pm races are over is the track open for practice for a bit?

We don't close our shop down until 1 so we won't make it in time to race, but still want to get down there and get some lap time in so we don't embarass ourselves when it comes time to race it up.

Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Delete

Last edited by Some87 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Curt - you've said it right! I really wish everyone could work together. In the end it is the RC community that's gets the raw end of the deal. I'm tired of all the talking and BS personally. I'm always caught in the middle it seems, and I have helped both track equally. I also know you, along with many others, have helped out where you can as well. I know this for a fact....if both sides can work it out, a least somewhat; we'd have one of the last remaining RC communities that's thriving! We'd be the talk of the west, and probably would be able to host an even larger scale race that includes both tracks! Could you imagine what that'd do for business and RC in this town. To hold 4 BIG events per year! Imagine one day at Hal's and the next day at SW? Holy geex that would be nuts.
I've heard all kinds of claims, but surely everything is forgivable - EVERYTHING! I really believe that friendships can be rekindled and an even greater unbreakable bond could be formed if humans could be less prideful, selfish, and gluttonous. I have fallen prey to these things too, but I also believe that there are people who'd be willing to help this wrong become right. I love racing at Hal's, especially when all my friends are there. Hal's track is super technical and will prepare anyone for a higher level of racing. SW does the exact same thing. Hal's is my home track - I've been racing there since Hal's was on Hercules. I used to race with big Hector, Tim, Mark, Mike Mintier and several others who's names I've forgotten. So I call Hal's my home because it's the place where I had my roots. SW is everything I envisioned an indoor facility could be and more. El Paso does not understand what it has. We have a plethora of RC fun at our fingertips but yet racers are uncomfortable to attend races sometimes. Why?
Support of both tracks is the only way to ensure RC survival! Why do we not see this. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as races by not supporting both tracks!

I'm ready to see us all make this happen. It can! lets stop making lame excuses and get out and support our tracks before we have nothing. I'll be damned if I'm going to let this happen. I love RC and I want my kids to love it too. I want the best for both Hal's and Speed World. The tracks should really consider putting differences beside and work together. It's a proven historical fact - that when people put their differences aside only positive can come from it - No one has ever regretted doing the right thing...

Sorry for the life lessons, but just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Hallelujah    Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Amen brother
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm

I like both tracks ! What would be cool if the two tracks did a points series together. Hals then SW two weeks later. Right now I can only do one race a month and SW with the kids is more relaxing for me. Gino right on!! You all have it lucky over there....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 am

Not really sure what to say here but I feel like I need to speak up.It seems as tho I have been involved in trying to separate the R/C community ..??
As I read a couple of the posts I was unclear as to why I was mentioned as needing to put down personal difference with others and that I am unwilling to help the Racing community get better.
This was not my intention ever and I apologize to the complete realm of racers , the ones that race at SW ,those that race at Hals and the guys that race at both.

If ever I have made you feel uncomfortable about racing at Hals then let me know please.
I can't remember ever saying anything at all about being concerned where you all race and at times have rushed our race program so you guys could race both tracks. Believe me I don't care if you race there or at SW it's your choice , I hope that you would race at our track when you can. I really don't know why you feel conflicted about racing anywhere you want. Aren't we all just playing with toy cars anyway. This should be fun not stressful !

As for setting up a point series at both tracks I too think that would be a fun time for the racers and I would get behind this from my end.
I think I have had this conversation with many of you ..??

SW has not tried to part of any conflict ever. As for me
I really am sorry that you racers have to make choices as to where to race. In America we have the right to free enterprise , don't we?

As many of you know I built this track so that Corbyn could race with his friends . He can not handle the outdoor conditions and needs a wheelchair ramp to get on a drivers stand. I did not build a track to start any conflict with anyone and if you think I built this track to make a bunch of money then your wrong !!lol tracks never make money ...

As far as I am concerned if you want a point series between Hals and Speed World then let's do it. Let me know the dates.

Just remember this " I am willing ,able and ready"

Good racing to all !!!

Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I think this topic got a little out of hand. Aaron positive input is appreciated but your comment was way out of line. Both tracks are great places to race. And both tracks owners put a ton of time, MONEY, and dedication in providing their racers with great facilities to race. Please think twice and be respectful before you start posting negative replies about any track or hobby shop.

Anywho,

Hope you guys can start coming down from LC. A lot of racers alternate between tracks. I'll do my best to keep up with the races on the calendar.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Okay - seems like this did get really out of hand. I'm going to clarify my thoughts posted earlier. I, in no way was talking about Speed Worl being the one who needed to get along, I was speaking on behalf of acommunity of RC racers. I must state here that these types of forums are not my first rodeo. I was the treasurer and an administrator on Competition Racing's forum and many other forums that were run locally. EVERY TIME we've had any type of a heated discussion words have been misunderstood, to the point at which it became a problem, and caused even bigger probs between friends.

I, in no way wanted anyone to feel singled out, and if that's the way it came across then I formally apologize for what I've said. If I've truly offended anyone; well that wasn't my goal. I have read and reread my posts and I cannot find where I single anyone person out, I mentioned no names and neither did I wish for names to be assumed. I apoligieze to Joey from Speed World, as this is the last person I ever wanted to offend - if in fact I have.

I was literally seeing the preceding comments as an opportunity to get everyone to get along, but I presume that's not possible. What has happened here is the antithesis of what I was trying to accomplish and I'm saddened by this. When I say BS I mean everyone, inculding myself. I an adult and make my own choiced and NOBODY has made me feel like I've been put in the middle, what I meant was; that I'm tired of being caught in between what racers feel. Every week I get texts from racers that have insane claims about why people race here or there - that's what I'm tired of. Why are the racers even dealing with this?

I enjoy both tracks! I wish the best for both tracks, and I have been there for both equally. The track owners were not the one who I was referring to.

I will stand up for what;s right and this is my final statement. Adrian - I have been the administrator of a total of 5 forums that were super popular. I got away from forums becuase of people talking behind others' bask etc. I thought I'd try this forum and I have learned that the same results have occorred here as well...

I'm asking Adrian to please erase me from this forum, I no longer wish for my words to be twisted, or misunderstood - all I wish is for the success of ALL RC! i enjoy all of you as the people you are and I will see you at the races whenever possible.

Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: O n&$@ please   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Just when it starts to get interesting Gino is gonna bail? No way, Adrian, give me access to his account and I'll really get'em going... Anyway, fact is car counts were low at both tracks this weekend. As I said earlier, we have the best of both worlds here in lil ole EP when it comes to Rc tracks. Lets get a meeting together after Hal's eow race and see what we can do to build up Rc racing participation at these tracks going forward. When people that care about racing get their minds together good things happen....
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry for starting all this I'm just saying my thoughts and what I have seen. I removed all my posts.
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Ok. Let's move on. Lifes too short.
Back to top Go down
KillerB

KillerB

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 am

Argyle43 wrote:
Lets get a meeting together after Hal's eow race and see what we can do to build up Rc racing participation at these tracks going forward. When people that care about racing get their minds together good things happen....

I am not exactly a part of the community yet but I will be as soon as I get back to the states. I can bring a little bit of perspective from the outside.

I got stationed at FT. Bliss a little over 2 years ago. One of the first things I checked out was Hal's Hobbies and the track that was there. I would go in at least twice a month and dream about getting a truck to race. I learned when the scheduled races were and I went to watch a few times with a couple friends. In all the times that I went not one time did anyone come up and say hi, introduce themselves, or interact in anyway. If you want the RC community to expand and grow, then maybe you should start at welcoming the people in that are on the fence about making that big purchase. Then again maybe you are an elitist and think that the more people that are there the less fun you will have. Maybe someone that has been around for a while an knows all the faces can be an "ambassador" and welcome the new faces he/she sees in the crowd.

Just my two cents.

Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm

When I used to race at Hal's I would smile at the people at the fence on my way to Marshall. The real interaction goes on in the pits. I used to love pitting in the corner next to the gate because I would talk to spectators and work on my gear at the same time. I don't think any racer wants car counts to shrink. The best races are with high car count. We all want the community to grow.

Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Stonerracing

Stonerracing

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I really feel that some of the best times for racing in the El Paso/Las Cruces area was back in the early 1990's racing onroad. 1/10 scale pan cars, gearbox on road classes and JRXT's on-road..

We would race at Hal's on Friday night, travel up to Las Cruces to race with the Keeton's on Saturday night and then finish off on Sunday morning with the Minteer's at West Side Hobbies on mesa. We'd have probably 75 cars or more on Fridays, 100+ on Saturday nights and 75 or so on Sunday. We had great racing at all 3 locations and many of the same racers ventured to make all 3 races.

This was all made possibly by all 3 hobby shops/race tracks working together and honoring each other's schedule.

Back to top Go down
http://www.riogranderacers.com
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Some87 wrote:
Sorry for starting all this I'm just saying my thoughts and what I have seen. I removed all my posts.

That's cool Aaron. The problem I had with your post was that the thread was started asking about the races/track and you took it upon yourself to bash the shop on an open forum.

Gino,
Please reconsider not posting on here. I always enjoy reading all your novels. ha
seriously, you are one of the most classy racers out there with tons of info to share. You not posting on here will only hurt r/c in general. Internet forums are here to help promote racing and educate the racers. Of course, when one reads a post they interpret it the best they can and sometimes it can be misinterpreted but we all appreciate everything you do for the r/c community and racing in general. As a friend and fellow racer please reconsider.

On a side note. We built Race Party not because there was no tracks in the area but because nobody ran 10th scale and that was and always will be my favorite scale to race. We took a backyard track with a bunch of friends to a full blown competitve race program with C-Mains!!! Racing every Sunday for two years. I realized we outgrew our small track so I decided to buy some land and build the best Race Park I could.

During that time, some tracks popped up which is great for the R/C community but can also be hurtful. So I decided to put R/C on the side burner and watch what unfolded. At the time we had 3 tracks competiting for business. I honestly feel El Paso can support two tracks if we all work together but anymore will just hurt car count. That being said I have decided to take Race Party in a different direction and offer racing enthusiats something out of the ordinary.

As long as I'm alive and able, R/C racing will NEVER die in El Paso again. I hated traveling to Cruces just to play with my toy cars.

Look for some interesting announcements to come from Race Party Race Park in the next month.

Bobby Yarbrough,
Racer first
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

After reading the posts and considering all sides of possibilities I want to bring an idea to all to speak up about.
As you know Speed World has been racing every Saturday and this seems to be part of the conflict between racers.
I have to have so many races per month in order to pay the bills here. With that in mind and after reading Bobby's post , let me say this and hopefully help from my end to grow the r/c community .
I propose that we switch our Saturday race day to a open practice day and change the race-day to Sunday afternoon . This would open Saturdays and stop all conflicts with Hals schedule .
My question for all is
1) is this good day and
2) what time should we start and
3) do we need a big screen on cable to watch Football or other sports???

Please chime In with your responses .

Lets grow this Hobby and by All means get the newbies involved !!
New blood is always needed and always welcome at any track or hobby shop! We appreciate and welcome newbies and will always take the time to help or answer any questions that you have . Most of our racers are willing to lend a helping hand when time allows ! As usual there is always a grump or two when your in a crowd ! If you are to shy to ask a fellow racer then be sure you ask any of our Staff who are all racers and are very capable of helping you out.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I think we should move this to a new thread to talk about. Lol I didn't mean to hijack this thread.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok peeps, thought I'd post for some closure. Sorry that I couldn't post earlier as I was hunting on my uncle's ranch, and really didn't have the time. Here's what I have to say...

I've really enjoyed RC and ALL people involved; to the point which I cannot express in words. I have laughed sooo fetching hard, (Hoops thinking he was controlling Eric's car through an entire main, and realizing it was his car after the 10 min race was over), I've been excited (opening new tracks, racing them, and helping existing tracks, and maintaining them), nervous (Hector , Curt, Chris, Rica, The Martinez's, Jeseh, Efren - all great racers who can win anytime - anywhere), I've won when I shouldn't, i've lost when I should've, I enjoy wrenching on cars - all with hopes of getting my son involved when he's old enough.

I do believe these posts were VERY much needed. Originally the intent of the replies were not meant to stir up such a fuss. And I truly believe the effects of all this has proven just how strong EP RC really is. I appreciate all the positive replies along with negative ones; if you could call them negative. I really appreciate some things you guys have said to me personally - thank you all! I cannot extend my gratitude towards those who took the time to call me and relay your thoughts - I have tremendous respect for those people.

Additionally, I saw some great comments about meeting and greeting. This is a touchy subject, but ultimately racers are customers too. Racers come in all types - The ALWAYS angry person, the cry baby, the complainer, the basher, the experts, the novices, the mediocre, and they have even more attitudes than someone can write about in a book. It's also equally a spectator's job to come up and get involved. I agree, people should be more welcoming, and most of us try to be, but in the end it's the RC Event staff/employees who need to be the welcoming force. We just don't have a utopia, and I wish everyone would be full of "welcome" and "Can I help you?", but that's just not the case.

These forums are difficult places to express your thoughts because inflection is completely missing, and many times supportive comments have complicated results. I do believe that's what's happened here.

Lastly - I have talked to a few people and we will be having a group meeting somewhere which will be announced. THis meeting was created by racers and is for racers, friends, family, wives, kids - anyone who'd just like to be there are welcome. I will try to get you the meeting date and times as this meeting comes together. We have a big race this weekend at Hal's, so we will wait until this race is completed. Concerning this meeting; I'm expecting BIG things EL Paso! We cannot afford to allow ANY of our local tracks to fail. Get your cars ready, buy a car, come get involved - if you have ANY questions - any of you please feel free to approach me or ask here.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Very Happy
+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday December 1st   Saturday December 1st I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday December 1st
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next