Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

online paint contest???

Go down 
+6
Pickleb21
teamvaladezhobb
ExcelMarketTX
bigwavedave33
chevyrunnin
Icer.One
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icer.One

Icer.One

online paint contest??? Empty
PostSubject: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 am

Well its like 02:20 in the morning and I'm here at work getting paid to be on elpasorc.com LOL and I was thinking that maybe we should have an online rc body contest. I don't know what do you guys think and to keep it fair there has to be pics of in progress so no one can just PAY someone else to paint for them so it keeps it kinda fair. I know I need to knock the dust off my airbrushes cuz I haven't used them in a while but anyways we can get a poll up on who's looks the best so it would be peoples choice and you can only vote once but even then that might not work cuz then there might be a 50 way tie voting for your own body LOL but we can say you can't vote for your body or something like that. Maybe get the 2 hobby shops to kick in on a gift card or something for the top 3 I don't know it's just an idea. Let's chime in on the thread and see what everyone thinks this could just be a 2 o'clock "rant" but at least I'm getting paid lol.

Anyways Adrian chime in if there can be a poll put up in a special section named "paint contest" or something more clever. I just want something fresh on the site and maybe this could be it

So let's see what people say

Thanks for looking and reading my "rant"

Bobby M
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:00 am

I've seen your work Bobby, and the only way I would have a chance against your air brush skills is if I paid someone else to do it, and then I don't think I would even be close... lol!
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 am

Only if there is a prize for single color and even then I don't think I'd have a chance in HE$$. I'd love to LEARN how to paint better. I think Bobby you should teach classes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Man you guys are great! Bobby has to be one of the best lid painters in the west but you never know. I mean Roberts son got 3rd place with an RTR body at Hal's lol Anywho yes a pole is a great idea and once you vote once, you're done voting. I think we can be adults about this and not vote for ourselves. So get painting. I'll see if we can get some prizes going. How does 2-weeks to get your body ready sound?
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Well i think we should wait till everyone is ready and chimes in then we could put a time limit on this
Back to top Go down
teamvaladezhobb

teamvaladezhobb

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Just my .02 cents everyone can enter you post the body progress here on eprc forum

1) I will throw in prizes for 1st and 2nd place.
2) body has to be a lexan body and it has to be mounted, on road, off road don't matter.
3) besides poll you drop off body mounted on RC car by december9 at the shop by closing time that way customers coming by Saturday can contribute to the judging.
4) official results at 6:00pm Saturday Dec 10.

If you guys agree I will also post it at the store.

Jorge
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 am

A beauty contest at the R/C Forum and a beastly review at Valadez !! That is great !!
Great idea IcerOne !!

Count me in. Been working on a new Crawler Body this weekend, will try posting some photos.

Even if unable tp post them, will deliver R/C Truck as soon as date is agreed. Would love to participate just for the fun of it !!

Will be nice to " Show the Colors " at Team Valadez R/C . Eric and I are "in" . What a Face
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 pm

I was talking with Jorge and he's on board with (2) trophies and (4) gift certificates he also had a good idea with 2 classes. 1- for lexan bodies and 1- for Scale paint and that can be hardbody or lexan

Trophy for 1st in both classes
Gift certificate for 1st and 2nd in both classes

So now just the details
What dates and when and for how long are we gonna have the poll open

Pleas chime in with what you think

Thanks
Bobby
Back to top Go down
Honda22s

Honda22s

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I think a 3rd place should be considered but the trophys and gift certificates r a great idea...maybe even throw in a raffle to win a body or somethin would be cool to
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:02 pm

there will be a 3rd place and a forth and fifth and hopefully a sixth hell i hope all the way to tenth, but pizes only to 1st and 2nd in both classes as Jorge is putting up the prizes i dont think we can say what he gives out all we can do is be greatfull we even have a guy like Jorge to put up prizes. now if you want to give out a prize for 3rd 4th and 5th by all means that would be great of you to donate.

thanks for your input

Bobby
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 am

I'm in. Just ordered my Flo-Tek body. Will definately be ready by then. But, for me and my kindergarden painting skills. We may need to consider a last place trophy or at least a free painting lesson...I'll even bring my own oversized crayons...lol
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 am

I think your are just being humble Bryan. I'm going to laugh if you get a top three spot Laughing

Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 am

I don't know. I'm kinda simple that way. I start thinking about a complicated paint job and I get a headache and start smelling burnt brain cells. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 am

lol I'm sure you'll come up with something cool. Simple is clean and clean might just win ...
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 am

You know me...I'll do what ever to have fun and help the hobby. Hope there are "TONS" of entries.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 am

For sure I hoping more people jump on board. I'm not too sure about the 9th being the closing date. I hope the super awesome custom painted body I'm bidding on below will arrive in time...
online paint contest??? Pictur10
Haaa just kidding guys I'll just have Icer paint one up for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:09 am

That looks awesome!!! Ya, mine won't be that elaberate unless I'm really patient with the masking tape and exacto knife.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah too bad the idiot wants 400 for the truck as a starting bid Rolling Eyes Any who, I may just have something up my sleeve... Let us know how your progress is coming along Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm

That's exactly why I had said progress photos so it would be harder to cheat this is an honest way to have fun anyone can just BUY a pimped out body and enter but this way is more fun and less expensive

I'm not even going to paint one up I just want to vote and see what bad tail paint comes out

I know I've seen some really nice paint and just want to be a spectator this time.

Last edited by Icer.One on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Icer One would you please list the contest rules and the categories ? This way we all may be on the same page? Has any agreement been finalized on this regard?

All info seems to be clear in regard to the recognitions and awards. Having documented work and being original made or painted by hobbyist at home. But I'm a little confused in regard to the official contest rules.
What are the categories? Lexan, Scaler and... ?? Maybe an official contest rules page be needed just as "info only"?

I'm ready to post our progress. bounce
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Just picked up my daughters punisher body this afternoon. Thanks Jorge. Her paint scheme idea should be interesting...lol
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 am

Classes are

lexan - can be as wild as your imaganation, it is open to what ever your abilities allow

scale body - can be on a lexan or hardbody car, truck, skateboard it just has to be something that looks scale like it rolled out of the dealers showroom floor or something that you would see on the street every day. example: chrome bumpers/window trim stock emblems chrome/black door handles etc...

trophy for 1st and 2nd in each class
gift certificate for 1st and 2nd in each class

Jorge chime in if i may have missed something

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:31 am

I think 2 classes is good. Although I think they should be seperated into expert and novice/ intermediate class. Expert would be people who can lay down some paint, guys like bobby, Andrew, Duane, Jonathan, khemist.kaos, hector, Kurt. And anyone else who would want to enter expert. These guys have experience painting, from shading, to choosing color scheme, to design, and errors are very minimal.
For the novice/ intermediate class would be for people starting out, the design is there but not quite the touch of an expertise.
For judging, the expert class can judge the novice/intermediate class and vise versa. And for tie brakers we can all nominate one person to be the deciding tie braker judge.
Tips on judging, maybe implement a Talley point system,1-5 points. 1 being the least satisfactory and 5 being the most satisfactory.

criteria to be judged
Paint scheme/design
Colors. I.e. do they blend together well
Overall cleanliness I.e. is there paint run off, paint residue, minimal errors

Day to submit entry by December 19 final scorecards to be submitted online or at team valadez hobbies by friday December 23
Jorge will Talley all the points and announce a winner on Saturday dec 24
If entry is submitted after the 19th entry will be allowed but does not guarantee everyone will have had a chance to judge that entry.
More than one entry is allowed
Must show proof that you painted body I.e. paint in progress, masking or even design layout
Body does not have to be mounted.

And winners would have bragging rights for the 2011/2012 winter paint off

Thats what I think but whatever the majority votes for I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:01 am

Andre I think you have a valid idea but there are not enough trophies for a novice class this go around. Also I thought that it was said that the body HAD to be mounted on a chassis for the show and shine at Jorge's on the closing date? Jorge can you clarify please.

Andre also on judging that's the system they use on 1:1 and it works well but i don't think that could be applied on this "online" paint as it is a people's choice rc'ers voting for other rc'ers work. If there were a set of judges then that system could be used but i still think the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) system would work best.

Just my 2 Cents

Thanks for the input

Bobby
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Will bodies have to be mounted and if it is. Any body mounted on any car will be accepted?

I have wild idea but not sure if I should do it in a rush to get it on the due date since it is a tough contest against experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: online paint contest???   online paint contest??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

online paint contest???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next