Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013

Go down 
+8
RP Bandit
ginoford
Billy McDonald
sjenoch
Str8Basher
Jperkins1021
saltydog
AirborneHoosier
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CGood

CGood

Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Billy and Gino, that's a great idea. I would donate the slash for the race with the news channels. I don't know if any can recall but the weatherman of el paso used to do something for fun for the viewing audiences. bounce bounce cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:34 am

Ok - So how are we going to get the news stations involved? Does anyone have any contacts to any of our local news stations?
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Hey guys just got out of the field last night for the weekend and had a package waiting for me at my unit. I would like for everyone to know that Viper-Rc has sent their contribution for the race. All I am waiting for is Tekin and we will be complete. I talked to Curt last night and he has his contribution ready to go as well.

For everyone on here and out there helping to put this event together THANK YOU. It is really a awesome sight to see the EPRC community get together and put on a even as big as I hope it will be.
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:16 am

ginoford wrote:
Ok - So how are we going to get the news stations involved? Does anyone have any contacts to any of our local news stations?

What I would suggest is that the folks directly involved with the running of this event should reach out via email to the local radio stations, tv stations, and even printed press. I only say that it should be someone involved with running this just in case there are questions about what is going on and how much support is being given to the Wounded Warriors Project. I think for the simple fact that this is for a great cause that everyone can get behind there is potential for some free coverage, just so long as they understand that a portion of the proceeds are going straight to them.

If nothing else if we could get free advertisement out of it for the event that's a win for both the event as well as the hobby. Who knows maybe one of the local radio stations would do a live remote at the race.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:15 am

Billy - I agree with you. I've talked to Smitty, but he's stuck in the field currently. He has told me that Jorge Valadez is helping while Smitty's in the field. Jorge was not in attendance at SW last night or I would have talked to him then. I'm going stop by Valadez Hobbies tonight, and see what the plan is. I will pass on your recommendations.

Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm

for starters has anyone contacted The Monitor newspaper for fort bliss? i will do it if it hasnt been done.
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Hey yall! I was in the middle of the process of getting the TTT race blasted across Fort Bliss but got derailed due to prep for the field and actually being out here. Salty if you want to talk to the monitor that would he great. Hope everyone in the EPRC community is doing good.

Later Racers
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:25 pm

sent email. i will try to call tomorrow. if they get back i will let you know.
by the way smitty salty is jeff. later and be safe out there
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:25 pm

I know its you Jeff. I've PM'ed you before....

Thanks for looking in on the monitor. If you need any info let me know. I also have the most up to date flyer on here so you can snag it if and when you want.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:22 am

This is the race that we should ALL try to make !

A great race for our great men here at Ft Bliss and from around the country.

Gino is working on a couple of things to help make this a Huge event .

If you can help in any way to make this race better / bigger then DO SOMETHING. We rarely have a real chance to be involved in a direct showing one on one to extend our hand respect to our Troops . " THIS IS OUR CHANCE". Please get involved and help!!

I hope every RC racer in this area will also ask what they can do to help.

Lets show the respect that Ft Bliss deserves and get behind this PLEASE.

Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:02 am

The final sponsor has delivered! EPRC racers the Tekin package is here! I'm hope all of yall are doing well. I'mstuck out here until the 24th.
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:01 am

Speed world staff1 wrote:
This is the race that we should ALL try to make !

A great race for our great men here at Ft Bliss and from around the country.

Gino is working on a couple of things to help make this a Huge event .

If you can help in any way to make this race better / bigger then DO SOMETHING. We rarely have a real chance to be involved in a direct showing one on one to extend our hand respect to our Troops . " THIS IS OUR CHANCE". Please get involved and help!!

I hope every RC racer in this area will also ask what they can do to help.

Lets show the respect that Ft Bliss deserves and get behind this PLEASE.

Both Ricky and I will be there for this one. He is really looking forward to racing his buggy out there. I on the other hand will be looking at 2 days worth of helping marshall (no 1/10th stuff), but I'm really looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:37 am

2 days to go! I'm very excited to see this come full circle. I hope everyone is just as excited as I am. See yall Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

I hope everyone had a good time for the last two days. I know I did! Thank everyone once again for the help, participation, and support. Together we made a great contribution. I would also like to thank Joey, Jorge, and Andre for the place to race, for the advise on how to put together an event, and for the motivation to talk to sponsors. I would also like to send out a special shout out to my wife who doesn't always support my habit ( lol! ) but is always there to support me and support a good cause.

Thank you everyone,

Smitty
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:23 am

Str8Basher wrote:
I hope everyone had a good time for the last two days. I know I did! Thank everyone once again for the help, participation, and support. Together we made a great contribution. I would also like to thank Joey, Jorge, and Andre for the place to race, for the advise on how to put together an event, and for the motivation to talk to sponsors. I would also like to send out a special shout out to my wife who doesn't always support my habit ( lol! ) but is always there to support me and support a good cause.

Thank you everyone,

Smitty

You hit it right on Smitty. This event was great. Loved seeing the turn out and absolute GREAT racing today. It's good that you give credit to the others, but you also need to take a bow. It's not easy to get an event like this up and running, plus get the sponsorship that you did, but I am very glad you did. Hopefully this becomes a yearly tradition there at SW maybe next year if we start off early enough we can get some media coverage as well.

Again kudos to everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:35 am

I have a lot of things to say about this past weekend. This past weekend I learned a lot about the people of El Paso. You ALL made this weekend a HUGE success! I have NEVER had so much fun racing RC cars and hanging out with you all. Smitty put this event together and it was an enormous success.

I have never seen such great racing! You all have come soooo far; not only with your driving skills, but in your ability to handle competition. You all were the reason for this success. That novice race was so good; TJ (I hope I have his name correct) put on a great show as did all the drivers in that class. Awesome racing novice drivers.

It's difficult to focus on one class in particular because all the classes were incredibly close. The "BLINKY" class is getting nuts. Drivers are pouring into this class and having tons of success. Curt, Tag, Mikey, Jason, Jeff; too many to name, bring the competition to unprecedented levels. You must scrutinize every part of your car just to find that edge.

The 2wd 1:10 scale buggy with JR Patton was a blast to watch as his car was hooked all day Sunday. JR showed his skill by being patient and allowing the driver in front to mess up. JR this is a skill that you just cant' teach drivers. Patience is a virtue in this sport, and you waited even though you had the quicker car. Just great driving and a great show. Congrats on your first event victory!!!

Thanks to everyone who made this a possibility. I want you all to remember how much fun you had this weekend, and always remember to thanks your troops for your ability to enjoy the things you love day in and day out. After all, that's what all of this weekend was about. As you reminisce, remember that every week of racing can be this much fun, but you ALL have to make it a point to be there and race. I heard people yelling and cheering as drivers jockeyed for position. I can't speak in words on how you all made those little drivers feel. You made them feel like heroes!!! TJ talked about that last lap for the rest of that day. He was so excited!! That meant the world to me; to see children, along with entire families having that much fun. El Paso is at the tipping point in RC right now!! We have wonderful facilities, so lets try and support every weekend of racing and build up a tradition to pass down to children, friends, and family. That's what if feels like to me...family. I see some of you all more often than I see many of my own family members. We will have set backs and fall outs, but that's what families do.

Lastly, Speed World; you have outdone yourself! You have opened a new world to many people. Don't think for one moment that we don't see the sacrifices you've made for US to have fun. We understand that this is work for you. Christian, you have come a long way bud. I know you want to race, but you have unselfishly set aside your wants for all of us. You have had to fill some big shoes, and you are doing great. Thanks for your commitment to us racers every week; twice a week. The track was ON!!!! Joey, I will try to express here what your efforts mean to us racers. I have high hopes that Corbyn will someday see what you've done for El Paso RC. You have overcome struggles that none of us comprehend, and you've done it in style. My reverence toward you and the Speed World family grows each time I see you step up and take on these big shows. Joey the announcing was off the hook!! The level of expertise and passion just bleeds out from you when your having fun. Thank you for all you do. Maybe someday my own son will have the opportunity to hang around people like you. I know all the racers feel the same as I do, even if we seem to complain....a lot! hahahah. Thank you ALL very much!

Whatever happens next, I hope that these changes are allowed to continue. I hope that the effort you all put into the racers this weekend continues. You seasoned drivers are making this sport fun again by helping newbies and supporting each other. Again, I feel like this is one big family, and I'm proud to be a part of it all.

Thanks again,

Hope to see everyone Wednesday night!!

Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

nicely put Gino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013   Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribute To The Troops Memorial Day Race May 25-26, 2013
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2