Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

new Krag track update

Go down 
+12
astrman
PabloM
nmdesertracer
RTAMAYO86
ginoford
rangerjkb
bigwavedave33
Icer.One
Str8Basher
ExcelMarketTX
chevyrunnin
RP Bandit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

new Krag track update Empty
PostSubject: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on the new track.

- Underground water system has been installed, 4 spigots on each corner of the track
- retaining wall installed
- track layout done ($$$ Pablo Martinez designed layout $$$) priceless.
- finally started moving dirt

Pics will be posted shortly.

Thanks for everyone's support!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Can't wait. Thinking about getting a 4x4 for the new layout. Adrian has just about talked me into it.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:24 pm

new Krag track update Krag310
new Krag track update Krag510
new Krag track update Krag610
new Krag track update Krag710
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Looks like the track is coming along beautifully
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Are you gonna lay down clay cuz it looks like a lot of sand?
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 am

Icer.One wrote:
Are you gonna lay down clay cuz it looks like a lot of sand?

Track surface was the first thing I purchased. Just using what's there to build up the jumps and elevation changes.

Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am

AHHHHHHHHH YEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Can't wait! Sorry to have been so out of pocket lately bobby. Miss the raceparty family!!! I'm going to have to come by and spend some time with Bob in the supervisory chairs!!!

I have a REALLY NICE 4x4 for ya!!!! Still can't believe I bought one LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Layout and track is looking good! Can't wait to see it finished.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am

Hey bobby,

I hate to even ask this question so early, but do you have any idea on the day which you are planning to run at your new track. I really want to race, but Sundays are my family days. I take my kids to their grandparent's house. My dad and stepmother are really enjoying the kids as they watch them grow each week. This is the reason I've only been twice or so to your place. On the other hand don't change any plans you have for me, do what's best for the RC community here in EP. I was just wondering what the plan for now is, and thanks for all you're doing to support local racers with our rc sicknesses. lolol
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:02 pm

I welcome all questions...feel free to ask anything on your minds, guys.

Gino, anyone who knows me knows I'm the most infected with the sickness of our great hobby.

Tentative schedule for now is : Monday - Thurs. - open practice from 10AM to 10 PM

Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be available for race days.

If I run my sprinter this year we will run on the off Fridays of speedway park. (Friday night lights baby!!) If not we can run every Friday this summer.

Saturdays and Sundays will depend on turnout and demand for certain classes.

Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:02 am

That is one promising track!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 am

Nice! I'm looking forward to racing there. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. Also thanks to everyone else who has made this possible.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

Made a little more progress this week.

Restroom in shop is installed and ready to go.

Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Came out with Robert and Ivan this Sunday. Got a chance to run a small portion of the track to get a better idea of changes that need to made so that jumps are timed and are 1/10 scale friendly as well. Gotta say I'm pretty flippin' excited to run the whole track.

Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:11 pm

I was completely amazed at how well the surface was once it was packed. Anyone who remembers the old Las Cruces track (Robert J. and Efren). will know how much traction we get with minimal to no tire wear and very easy on parts. Well this is exactly what we are seeing with our initial tests. Track held up nice too, step pins will work awesome and last forever.

There is no mud no matter how wet it is and it holds moisture very well, feels like we are running on the beach!!! And the best part is how easy it is to clean tires, takes about 30 seconds to clean all 4 tires.

We will have the whole track packed by Sunday if anyone wants to come and try it out for yourselves.

I'm not sure if I'm even going to lay down the surface I purchased becuase of the great results of our initial test, but only time will tell.

See you on Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Oh yes the LC track had awesome dirt. Only had to water like once before the races. Didnt get torn up with the 1/8th scale buggies either. But we didnt have truggies back then. tracks looking good!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
PabloM

PabloM

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Bobby,

I have to say that's looking pretty damn good. I may have to plan on throwing a car or two into a carry-on bag and making a race sometime...

Tell Bob he looks right at home nursing that cup of "water" and sitting in the supervisor's chair.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Efren and I both used to run the Las Cruces track when the Losi xxx4 came out. That was a long time ago, almost 10 years ago now. I remember the dirt was very loamy and was a deep reddish brown. Great traction, a lot of cushion, and really felt like I was off roading. I'm not a fan of a blue groove or fully prepped surface. We race off road for a reason. The last thing I want is an on road-like off road track. Looking forward to checking it all out. I'm actually running around crazy trying to find one of the diff O rings for my Losi Ten SCTE. I lost one somehow setting up my diffs. I was planning on trying to make it for a while Sunday, but not if I can't find a darn Diff O-ring. lolol.
Back to top Go down
astrman

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm

What time will you guys be out at the Krag track on Sunday? I don't know you guys yet, Just met Bobby 2 weeks ago, but if you need a hand with anything I know how to use a shovel and I am off this weekend.

Jack
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 am

Track seemed to hold up well after Victor tamped it. I'm pretty sure the entire track will be tamped at least times before racing starts.

Pabloooooooooo! Yes bring an 1/8 scale buggy. Good to see you on here Cool

Gino just go to a hose and gasket shop lol Really I'm using orange rings on my blitz diff and they work great.

Jack Bobby is usually out Sat and Sunday by 12-1 PM .
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

Adrian,

Would you think that Horizon Tubes and Hoses off Montana near McRae would have them? Or what shop would you recommend? I placed an overnight order, but you know how that goes, who knows when they should arrive...
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am

Also, I used to know of a place off of Rojas, next to the Planet Fitness (Old Powerhouse). They specialized in all types of hoses etc. I wonder if they're still around.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am

Are they regular black o-rings? If so, AutoZone carries a bunch of different sizes.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 am

Got a chance to go out to the track sunday. Shoveled a few and caught Bobby DO'IN WORK!

new Krag track update Tn_bobby
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 am

Bobby they are pretty small. They have to be just large enough for the outdrived to fit through, yet they need to be small enough to sit in the groove of the diff cover. I went to Hal
s and Valadez..no dice. At Valadez we found come Traxxas ones that looked like they might've worked, but when I go home the hole was a little small; keeping the O-ring from sitting in its place. If you think Autozone will have them I can try there I guess. I don't remember the qutomotive places carrying such small O-rings, but I'd be dumb for not asking. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Krag track update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next