Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Go down 
+10
ExcelMarketTX
RTAMAYO86
Ivan The Terrible
Icer.One
Honda22s
nmdesertracer
rangerjkb
bigwavedave33
outoforder
TQ59
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TQ59

TQ59

Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Great showing this Sunday a total of 25 entries WOW !!!!! Not bad for a last minute make up Race... Anyways ,some of you racers .. in fact most of you On Road Racers have expressed some concern on the cost of the Rubber tire that we are enforcing in the Sedan Class...
In most cases the average cost of 4 new tires average 30 to 35 dlls...and i personally think thats alot...of mula myself. !!!! So after having a good talk to Hals Hobby. we have decided to drop the Tire Rule...So that we can keep the Class more feasible . So as of now the Rubber tire rule has been dropped... Foam tires will be allowed as well. Cost of Foam tires are more cost effective but, do require a bit more maintenance so, i will take a tire truer for those of you that would like to use it during the race...i will show u how to use it if you dont know how....
We will also start a Sportsman Sedan Class for any of you that r not quite ready for the Expert Class...we will however, be keeping an eye for Sand Baggers..LOL...If you record a 13 second lap or better , you will be Automatically bumped up to Expert Class...
We will Still be Enforcing Motor limit of 10.5 or no More than 4000 kv Motors for those of you that run Mamba Motors... Boost and Turbo will still be Allowed!!!!!!! .
Hals has also informed me that, they will be Enlarging the Track to its full Potential starting January , with a new Lay Out as well... So things are looking good for On Road .. Any Suggestions or Ideas are Welcomed...
Post here or pm me and i will see to it...
See ya next Race....

Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 am

Hey Hector maybe you can get hals to have a contest for the track layout.
The winner that has their design chosen gets a free entry.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 am

Moving the track to Orlando or Birmingham... where ever I end up???? I'm gonna miss you guys. Going for my 3rd interview in a month this friday. I have to get one of these right???

Glad I could make it out for a heat and the mains. Jason, Danny and I were battling for 2, 3 and 4. It was a blast. I might be able to make the next one since my mother inlaw will still be in town. We'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:09 pm

outoforder wrote:
Hey Hector maybe you can get hals to have a contest for the track layout.
The winner that has their design chosen gets a free entry.
Hey thats a good idea.. The track measures 200ft long by 60 ft wide... Let start drawing... lol...

Last edited by TQ59 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:11 pm

bigwavedave33 wrote:
Moving the track to Orlando or Birmingham... where ever I end up???? I'm gonna miss you guys. Going for my 3rd interview in a month this friday. I have to get one of these right???

Glad I could make it out for a heat and the mains. Jason, Danny and I were battling for 2, 3 and 4. It was a blast. I might be able to make the next one since my mother inlaw will still be in town. We'll just have to see.
Dude ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! you cant go... Tell them youll pass .. lol....
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Sportsman class:

I would suggest BLINKY/NO BOOST/NO TURBO sportsman type ESC 10.5 or 13.5 no more than 4000kv motors. BLINKY is when the Tekin RS is setup for sportsman class so they can be "TECHed" very easily while still using an ESC capable of running BOOST. This would put the emphasis on setup and driving for the less experienced/new drivers and allow them to get a better feel for the speed. It would allow for cheaper cars as well for folks just getting started.

Instead of the 13 second rule just run a sportsman ESC class. That would allow racers to run their TCs in both classes if they would like by making the software change to blinky between heats.

IDEA: it should be mandatory for one of the more experienced drivers to run in the sportsman class and let the less experienced drivers move up classes by taking a win in the sportsman class!!!
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Dave your idea is good, but for racing in el paso it's too complicated. I think hectors idea is fine that way any newbee that comes on to the scene and isn't fast can at least be able to run with people turning the same lap times.
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 pm

outoforder wrote:
Dave your idea is good, but for racing in el paso it's too complicated. I think hectors idea is fine that way any newbee that comes on to the scene and isn't fast can at least be able to run with people turning the same lap times.
Excactly !!!! i am just trying to keep things as simple as possible.. Most guys dont know Blinky from Winkie...lol. Just saying , for Now lets try it and see as things progress we can always make changes... thanks for your input...
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Realy like the new recommendations/class rules. Great turnout on Sunday and had a fantastic time racing with everyone. Hope I pick a better tire to use next time, lol!

Approximately how wide should a Onroad course lane be for best results, 12'?

Dang...Dave you can't go now! Looking forward to our next race with everyone!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:29 pm

we need the track further out away from the drivers stand. So looking far right or left without having to lean over the rail. IMO foams for me stunk. I think a sportsman class would be great. Maybe race the track in one direction then the next race run it in reverse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Then make it a sportsman ESC if Blinky is too complicated.... spec ESC.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Here is one track I drew up
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! IMAG0650
Back to top Go down
Honda22s

Honda22s

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

Sick layout dude ...alot more challenging
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 pm

bigwavedave33 wrote:
Sportsman class:

I would suggest BLINKY/NO BOOST/NO TURBO sportsman type ESC 10.5 or 13.5 no more than 4000kv motors. BLINKY is when the Tekin RS is setup for sportsman class so they can be "TECHed" very easily while still using an ESC capable of running BOOST. This would put the emphasis on setup and driving for the less experienced/new drivers and allow them to get a better feel for the speed. It would allow for cheaper cars as well for folks just getting started.

Instead of the 13 second rule just run a sportsman ESC class. That would allow racers to run their TCs in both classes if they would like by making the software change to blinky between heats.

IDEA: it should be mandatory for one of the more experienced drivers to run in the sportsman class and let the less experienced drivers move up classes by taking a win in the sportsman class!!!

Why is everyone scared to run like Dave said a sportsman's class that would separate the men from the boys to see who can drive and set up their car better. Anyone can be fast with boost and a good motor put your skills to the test if you think you have them. Just like NASCAR the cars are as close to each other as can be so its all driver and setup.

Good job Dave on the idea way to think ahead of the game
Back to top Go down
Ivan The Terrible

Ivan The Terrible

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 pm

I like the idea of separating in 2 so the more experienced get a better race without running into traffic and the less experienced can run without being lapped so much and both parts will experience more fun.

I agree with any of the 2 ideas but think it is easier to keep it as Hector says and this way is easier to get more people into the hobby.
I understand there is a 10.5 motor limit. I will be using a velineon but have no idea on how to use it without boost or if it even has boost.

Just an opinion
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:14 pm

last comment was by RTAMAYO86 from Ivan's computer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 pm

You can't run boost on a sensorless motor. However depending what Esc you have, you can advance the timing.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 pm

wow I knew there were mysteries to brushless that I did not know. hahaha

sorry that this went off topic.

pm me where to go to learn about the boost and turbo on BL systems
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 pm

there are various ESCs that can. Typically higher end systems like Tekin RS, LRP SXX, Mamba Max Pro(cheat mode), hobbywing Xerun and Speedpassion GT2.0. Most of them are software setable via USB cable on the computer. That is usually a tell tale sign of boostable ESCs. Check out the tekin hotwire setup sheets.

I ran in Florida over the weekend in my buggy with 17.5 and was less than a lap down on the mod guys running 8.5. Boost really makes a HUGE difference.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm

If you run boosted you have to change your gear ratio! Thank God John knows a lot about on-road. 17.5 boosted is perfect for Hals. Tekin Hotwire makes it super simple to adjust the boost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Here is another track I drew up
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! IMAG0652-1
Ok I revised my track
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! IMAG0653

Last edited by outoforder on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Nice lay out but, i dont think we can get all those lanes in on a 60 ft wide area..
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Sketched up 2 layouts the other day and will give them to ya Saturday. I'm sure with alot of ideas from everyone, a great layout can be constructed.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:57 am

Cool deal Jason, maybe I can take pics of your layout and we can have a voters poll.
Here is another one I drew up. This one should fit 5 lanes 12ft
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! IMAG0667
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:36 am

Just something I came up. Speed oriented with a 147.5 FT straight and 10ft w lanes. I have the vector file saved so making adjustments and retrieving exact measurements can be easy.
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! SPEEDtrack2
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next