Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Track ideas and suggestions

Go down 
+11
CGood
RP Bandit
SpeedWorld Staff 2
nmdesertracer
AirborneHoosier
Argyle43
cjchaparr82
jcracker
saltydog
Jperkins1021
Some87
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 am

I really like this point about drivers who rev their engines as the corner is trying to marshal. Marshals there is a cure...

1) If you approach a car and it's revving just hold your hands up above your heard and DO NOT pick up the car until the driver is off the throttle. This may upset a few people, but it's better that they are upset rather than having your fingers disfigured.

2) Get a pair of gloves. Go by Harbor Freight and you can find a decent cheap pair for about $4. No matter what you do you're bound to get a finger caught somewhere while trying to marshal. The gloves come in extra "handy" (handy...get it??lololol) for nitro vehicles. Nitro motors can run close to 250-300 degrees, and their exhaust pipes can be just as hot. Also, the nitro vehicle's fly wheel is exposed and can be spinning in the upwards of 30K+ RPM, and will chew up a misplaced finger very quickly. It didn't take me long before I marshaled a nitro with a chewed up fly wheel and my finger was ripped open pretty badly. Gloves is something that's overlooked, but once you get used to using them you'll never go back.

Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Air compressor! Sweet! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm

a new Racer name of Shane told me today he will put his Air Compressor at the track. It is in his storage facility just collecting dust he tells me. His is the Large 100 gallon type (Bigg Sucka). The trick is, he lives in Las Cruces and has no way to transport it to the track (i.e. a Pickup Truck). He offered it for everyone to use. I suggested I would post it up so maybe some Racers from LC could maybe coordinate the transport of the compressor and help get this to Speed World for everyone to utilize.

Ball is in your court guys, Hope ya'll make it happin Idea

Lemme know,

Ron
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 am

I think I may be going down to the track this week for the wmq. Could you tell him to pm me Ron?
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 am

Not sure he is on this Forum yet. He is Shane Enach. Races 1/8 buggy. He raced yesterday and mentioned it. We'll see if he sees this thread. I didn't get his number....duh, my bad.

Ps, I am AirborneHoosier on my PC and Speedworld Staff 2 on my phone on this forum, sorry for the confusion... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Shane   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am

I just asked him on FB to look you guys up on here
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am

I'll go get it if you guys could just settle the logistics (Time, Place, Date, Etc.)
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

he lives in cruces. track suggestion. any way to punch an opening in wall under stairs to make it easier to pick up cars after race. total log jam at foot of stairs before and after every race.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

I couldn't agree more. That is the worst thing...trying to get around to get your car after a race. In fact, I'd almost wish that they'd somehow just tear those stairs out and allow us to use the ramp from now on, it would really clear up most, if not all of the bodies trying to get to the cars.
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

that would work. if stairs stay ramp up stairs down.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

How about going downstairs, then go through main lobby double doors to get you cars? Not in the budget to do major renovations, sorry guys.... Shocked

Gino, bring your RC4 Transponder to WNQ so we can verify that the new decoder picks it up please? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I can pick it up for this weeks wnq Gino since I live in las cruces.
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 pm

sledgehammer is free ron.
Back to top Go down
sjenoch

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

hey all this is shane, i have a air compressor that i am going to get down there this saturday i do not remember how big it is but i think it will be alright, i am going to go to my storage shed this week to see if i can fit in my car, if not could someone that lives here in cruces help by takeing it down there?

Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Shane,

PM me your phone number, we can set this up through text messages.

Ron
Back to top Go down
58VeeDub

58VeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 am

I'd love to see an over and under and a straight running diagonal

Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 pm

58VeeDub wrote:
I'd love to see an over and under and a straight running diagonal

I'm sure Joey has huge plans for his next track build, but for now the track is actually pretty new currently. We finished the build in Dec., so it's going on only three months old. The best way to get a track to alter the layout is to show up and race on the current one. If Joey can justify spending 3K on adjusting the layout, then I'm sure it'll get done! You'll need to support your track though. I believe any track would have trouble changing their layout if only 100 people travel through there a week.

Here is my suggestion for a quick change. I think we should get a group of people out, say during Spring Break, and lets remove the jumps on the front straight. With that dirt we can build some other small jumps at other strategic locations around the track.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I think a few small changes to keep things fresh and challenging is reasonable, a major overhaul is unrealistic and unnecessary. Cool
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Argyle43 wrote:
I think a few small changes to keep things fresh and challenging is reasonable, a major overhaul is unrealistic and unnecessary. Cool

We will do a track change after the point series as promised but not a total rebuild .
Lets see how many guys are really willing to help with manual labor. The over under thing was tried and I liked it but it seemed to take up a lot of room.
Please keep your ideas coming and lets get together and make it happen!

We are only here because you guys are supporting us so believe me when I say we will always listen and do our best to make this track a fun and special place to be!!

No remodeling of this building will happen but with our new building all things are possible!! JS

Back to top Go down
58VeeDub

58VeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

@ Gino and Curt

I wasnt suggesting a total redesign I was putting in my "track idea and suggestion" as the thread is titled.

I really grown found of the current layout. And as Gino has said it is still very new and the surface is coming imto its own to almost a blue groove and I can appreciate the traction considering what we have been subjected to.

Joey thanks for your reply and being open to all suggestions

Thanks again

VeeDub
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Remove the jumps on the front straight. With that dirt we can build some other small jumps at other strategic locations around the track.

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am

Big supercross style!!
[url=Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 Wp_00010]Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 Wp_00010[/url]
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

58VeeDub wrote:
@ Gino and Curt

I wasnt suggesting a total redesign I was putting in my "track idea and suggestion" as the thread is titled.

I really grown found of the current layout. And as Gino has said it is still very new and the surface is coming imto its own to almost a blue groove and I can appreciate the traction considering what we have been subjected to.

Joey thanks for your reply and being open to all suggestions

Thanks again

VeeDub

Yeah - I kinda figured you didn't really meant to redo the entire track, but I'm with you on changing some things. I have talked with many racers, and they also agree that they'd really enjoy a nice high speed straight. Thanks for your comments.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 am

Chapparro - you'd need the Losi 5T to run that thing. hahahahah
Looks awesome though.
Back to top Go down
sjenoch

PostSubject: compressor   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey guys i got into my storage shed last night and i plugged it in and i think since i stored it for so long the actuall compressor part is seized it will not pump or move it has oil but heh i dont know what is wrong with it sorry all =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track ideas and suggestions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next