Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Scaler Ideas and Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

Scaler Ideas and Questions Empty
PostSubject: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 am

I have been going around the crawlers for a while just looking at them, videos mainly, some of the local builds etc.

I remember having seen a Dodge/Chrysler Dart lifted all the way, long time ago on a gas station in Denver. I like the scalers because of the detail that they take all the small things and my favorite car of all times is the 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.
The idea is to have it look just as if the lift and diffs etc. were put on a real Camaro.

Would that be considered a scaler?

If not,
my second option is a Grave Digger but with rear tire steering as well. not the traxxas one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 pm

yes as long as it conforms to the scale rules for what class you are building it for

the grave digger with rear steer would be considered a class 3 rig

check the rules

http://www.elpasorcforum.com/t464-sorcca-2012-scale-rules
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Jale Chicano Scaler/Crawler   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:24 pm

So i was supposed to be getting a crawler this week but the deal fell through. So I hopped up this bad boy. Took out the electronics (look at that ESC and SERVO! lol) and put in a traxxas XL5 and plastic servo I had lying around. Broke the plastic servo in a few minutes so I'll be putting in a poor mans crawler servo Savox 0251 later tonight. The motor is a 540 and gearing is very low. Even with the 2c lipo it probably topped out at 8-10 mph. The body is a actually pretty sweet! When i get a scaler chassis it will go on it. The wheels are actually 2-piece beedlocks! With a little dremel work I could probably get them on a hobby-grade hub but I'll probably leave them on. Anyways hope to get an axial soon.

Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23134043
Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23133912
Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23134009
Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23133936
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 pm

That is a crazy modding hahahaha concourse winner hahahaha.
Jalechicano.com releases a new toy!
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm

RTAMAYO86 Robert, you may pickup a copy of "Comp and scaler rules" at Valadez Hobby.
Icer One and Valadez have paper copies available at the Hobby Shop.

The requirements are not easy to explain, it may be best to get a copy and from there you may ask questions.
I still can not figure some things out the way the requirements are written, sometime soon may ask some questions about some "word definitions".
Will start asking when ready.
I do not have any Scalers yet, hope soon getting one RTR or build one "by the book" in compliance with Regulations.

Icer -One and Jorge are the main "Honchos" What a Face on R/C Crawler compliance and regulations. king
You are at the right place to ask questions.... farao
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm

RTAMAYO86 wrote:

lol! Puro Team JaleChicano.com! Gonna lock the diffs with some putty.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:08 pm

ExcelMarketTX wrote:
RTAMAYO86 wrote:

Use hot glue instead - Mr. Hot Glue
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 pm

RTAMAYO86 wrote:
ExcelMarketTX wrote:
RTAMAYO86 wrote:

Use hot glue instead - Mr. Hot Glue

lol! Aye Robert that's hilarious!!! I must say I've used plenty of hot glue back in my radioshack days.
So I'm going to look into painting the seats and printing the gauge clusters. May go diamond plate on the floorboard too.
Or the fuzzy side of velcro for a carpet effect.
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm

ExcelMarketTX That is a NIKKO Truck. I took the Rubicon Jeep body from a similar one and have the complete chassis with wheels available if you want it. It is exactly as this chassis you showed here on the prior posting. You can have the complete chassis for free if you like.

Here is a photo of the NIKKO body mounted on an Axial AX10 Chassis. It is a NIKKO , the same size as the truck you just posted.
So yes, you can install that body on a Crawler Chassis, it will not be considered scaler but it will be a lot of fun to crawl around with. bounce

Scaler Ideas and Questions P1100270
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

It's actually a radio shack. Thanks for the offer. That's really cool of you. Your jeep looks sweet! Is it not scale because the tires would protrude outside the wheel wells? I went ahead and pulled the interior out. I'll probably just go with a few light coats of silver on the floorboards.

Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23193926
Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-23194140
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm

It is not scale for many reasons, Has no frame chassis, Wheels protrude past the body , tires are not scale nor replicas of real tires used, etc...etc ...etc..

Even so it is real fun to use since the Rock Crawling places we visit are kind of extreme. Sad Not of real scale size. For competition is a big no,no. No
For trail runs is just perfect. Like having an "Easy Button" , it goes nearly anywhere. rabbit Basketball *** Easy does it *** Most of my Crawlers are non-competition, just fun rides. Odd, weird, and uncommon. But overall ,practical rides. "Poor man's Crawlers" What a Face "Welcome to the Club"

( Robert , I apologize for any inconvenience, it was not my intention to hijack your posting. Just adding a little info about our "Poor Man's R/C Club" I'm sure it is OK with you. ) You are most understanding. You are one of the most considerate and educated people participating on this forum..
Back to top Go down
Ivan The Terrible

Ivan The Terrible

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks and of course that I do not think it is any hijack I posted to have this space to discuss all kinds of random facts and crazy ideas on creative crawlers scale or not that look good with low price and creative work.

Everyone can use that knowledge on what is required for comping and scaling. but this is a thread for beginners where we can just fool around before spending 1000 bucks on a "tru" scaler.

Thanks ERic
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:17 am

"Poor Mans RC Club" lol That's awesome! Eric if your referring to the truck/chassis in the pictures, yeah that's just a truck I picked up cheap at a yard sale. Don't have any plans on bringing it trailing or comping with it lol Even though that would be funny if I did good with a hundred dollar jalechicano.com radio shack monster truck. I'll probably have to do some research and measurements but I'm hoping I can use the body when I get a true scaler.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 am

oh and whoops posted from Ivan's account, but I want to BMX now! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Ivan The Terrible wrote:
Thanks and of course that I do not think it is any hijack I posted to have this space to discuss all kinds of random facts and crazy ideas on creative crawlers scale or not that look good with low price and creative work.

Thanks that is really nice to hear, I strongly believe that everyone should get the oportunity to get involved on a hobby it is OK to start with low tech stuff, once one is completely involved with the hobby and learn its "ropes" then one can grow into the hobby. One can not expect a new guy to know all the in and outs of the trade.
Respect and an oportunity to participate is all that is needed. king Keep up the " good vibe ". Thank you guys....
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 pm

We all have to start somewhere that's for sure. I'll most likely be building a scaler from the the ground up and take my time with it.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Got myself a platform this weekend. The monster truck body is going on in after I deck out the interior and strip and shoot the body. Really looking forward to the build. The RadioShack special project may have to be put on hold for a while Cool

Scaler Ideas and Questions 2012-02-28154903
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 am

Nice I like how it looks, I am researching already to get my Monster Garage Edition CAMARO going on. but my quarter scale trailer is not progressing very much for now... but soon I think I will have to decide between finishing or quitting on it.

Will have to sell my 1:1 scale first and get something that can haul my full collection of RC.

For now I am almost ready for comping this Sunday just missing a BEC but most likely will wait until next comp
to go out fully assembled with the BEC and all the kit checked up.
Back to top Go down
Pickleb21

Pickleb21

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Robert at RC Crawler.com you may find great examples of scale hauling trailers, from boat to Camper Trailers, they look really easy to build. It is just a matter of having some ingenuity and imagination. pirat
I just bought some materiel at Lowe's to start building a boat trailer for my Aquacraft SV 27 Speed boat. Plan on using it with the "Mini-Wraith . What a Face
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 pm

I am planning on a quarter scale trailer so it is a biggie probably will need some welding but that is solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaler Ideas and Questions   Scaler Ideas and Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scaler Ideas and Questions
Page 1 of 1