Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

mini Z POLL to gauge interest.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

mini Z POLL to gauge interest. Empty
PostSubject: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:30 pm

I have been almost a year around the tracks racing and there is a booming interest on racing and some have gone into different classes and tried some new etc. this past year a lot has been changing on the RC scene in our beautiful city.
New tracks etc.

I have seen several spaces for lease that I always think if a miniZ track would hit or just flunk.

Interesting source:
http://mini-z-guide.com/

So who would really be into racing this little fun cars one or two nights a week?

Do you think it would attract people into it?

thinking about setting it as a True Stock Cheap cars class for:

novice & radioshack Xmods
other mini Z (different than the model agreed at track)
experienced
expert stock
"Modified" *Modded miniZ*

and a couple (anything goes) classes

"789" (on-road)
-RC18R
-Other similar

"286" (off-road) ***CLEAN CARS*** may use some wooden ramps.
-Mini losi series
-Hpi Brama18b
-AE RC18 series
-Others 1:18

18th scale would be a little tight but might be done.

Micro class will be used in case batteries can last a little more than 2 laps
and separated brushless and brushed.
Losi micros are 1/36 while mini Z are 1/27.

Kyosho has no price on the track and I could not find any on ebay or other track online.

With some interest I might ask some people who I know raced every thursday night back in mexico if they still use the track and if not, ask if they would sell it.
Track can also be custom made a little bigger to fit the 1/24 and 1/18 a little larger.

This is just plans but if the crowd is raising it may come true.

Now questions:

Who owns a mini Z? Which model?

Which model of mini Z are you most interested in?

There are a bunch of them and I am guessing not many have a mini Z already.

I have questions about them. For example, What is the difference on:
MINI-Z RACER (1/27 EP TOURING)
and the
MINI-Z AWD (1/27 EP TOURING)

MA-010 to the MA-015? MR03 is looking shorter but I have no idea.
The kyosho webpage is not the best thing in the world. Sorry but too messy for my taste.

If you have knowledge please share here to make it easier for everyone to agree on one model.

If I had to choose right now, I think the palm runners look the cheapest but I would go to the MR which is most popular on ebay. now the 015 or 010 have no idea what it means.

Questions are also welcome and I will try my best to get the answer or the right track to the answer for you.

Thanks afro

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Going through pictures on ebay, I now confirmed what I was thinking to be apparently true.

The racer is a rear wheel drive and the AWD is obviously an All Wheel Drive.

so I am guessing the AWD are more stable and easier to grip down and the RWDs are easier to drift maybe more like spin out on RC mini Z.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:51 pm

We use to race mini z cars here. Was cool except the radios stunk. Fets would burnt out. Stock motor there boring. Track is expensive.. Lasted about half a year then fizzled out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:21 pm

I found the RCP track and apparently it is a good one.

210 bucks but I bet the shipping will be 400.

And is it really boring? I have no idea then as to why would my uncle say he was not able to catch up to a mini Z with it and I had the AWD upgrade and fastest motor I found for it.

of course it is a radioshack and all radioshack upgrades of the time.

ok I definitely need to research much more about the mini Z.

I know a place where every now and then a race would be held with the F1 mini Z but only women were to race and it would cost 20 bucks. And that is how my uncle got his Formula mini Z but I have only seen it once and a few years ago. I didn't have much experience with pro rc back then. Just told his wife to use a quarter of the trigger all the time.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:14 pm

radioshack cars and kyosho mini z are not even close in comparison. The radioshack cars are a POS. We had some of those at the very beginning. Caleb and I have mr03's.. 4wd were slower and more wear.2wd were pretty fast with upgraded fets and mod motors. Now ive been out of the mini z seen for a while. So I dont know what they have to offer these days. There a money pit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Ok, not much interest on it.

Can any of the modified classes called different to a money pit?
That triggers to take a little detour from the topic but:

Who thinks the slash stock class would be a fun class?

Why do I think it would be fun?
Everyone is driving the exact same thing and it is slower so much more control over it, therefore more position battling. That is my logic and it might not be right.

Same thing with little cars.
Also, I know more people who would be willing to spend 200 to have a car to race with. I have had a ton of offers from 50 to a rare one of 250. For my racing Blitz ESE those who know what is inside will know why I did not take those offers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mini Z POLL to gauge interest.   mini Z POLL to gauge interest. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mini Z POLL to gauge interest.
Page 1 of 1