Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Race at BMX track.....

Go down 
+8
shift76
RP Bandit
ExcelMarketTX
durtslinger35
shortysantana915
Icer.One
RTAMAYO86
cjchaparr82
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alexortega2003

Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:49 am

RTAMAYO86 wrote:
I have seen what happens to the noob who gets on the way of a competitive guy and I want to save myself the hassle or fistfight. maybe in a couple years I might get into the track.

wow, i dont know to which track you have been, but fist fighting for being slow? lol, you must of been somewhere where there are really mean people. And as for the transponder issue, either hals or bobbys, you can race with theirs, you dont necessarily need your own.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:12 am

Quote :
wow, i dont know to which track you have been, but fist fighting for being slow? lol, you must of been somewhere where there are really mean people. And as for the transponder issue, either hals or bobbys, you can race with theirs, you don't necessarily need your own.

It was first time I was in chihuahua's track. it was not a fistfight but one guy got really mad at another fellow because he bumped him at the start. I did not know about transponder and it never occured to me to ask about it. I think i will get myself something electric to visit bobby's as somebody suggested.

thank you alexortega2003 for that helpful post.

Can anybody give an opinion of the Losi SCT?
What kind of batteries and chargers will I need etc. I want to be there sunday with a toy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:49 am

I don't think rpbandit or icerone is critcizing you, they are just replying to your previous post's. As far as you not wanting to sound sarcastic, well, that's just how it sounds.
You are digging your own hole, they are simply filling it. If you have access to an electric rc or are planning on getting one I think you should go to the track and race. It's not about the experience you have or don't, it's simply about having fun.
There are alot of guy's at there that have alot more time on an rc than other's, but they are willing to help out the underdog.
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:26 am

Bro dont even trip.im still a noob. icer.one and excelmarketing help me out at the track and they are super nice and so is everbody at raceparty. then didnt have a novice class last saunday (which was my first time) so i got into the normal class with my xxx sct and they welcomed me into it. they even looked out for me to see if i needed help. i remeber cutting a couple off cause i new to it (sorrh guys) but they were cool and they understood i was new to it. i want to thank everbody at raceparty and icer.one and excelmarketing for makin me feel welcome
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:31 am

I wasn't criticizing you I was trying to help you. You are already rubbing people the wrong way and you've never even raced here. You were trying to organize races on a bmx track when they aren't built for rc cars.

I'll try and give you some helpful advice.

Everyone at one time was a novice, it's getting out there and getting your hands dirty is when you become a good driver. Practice is everything in this hobby. You learn your vehicle, driving style and setup all by practicing.

If someone wants to fight or even argue over a toy car race they are in the wrong hobby and need to get their head checked. Always remember we are racing toy cars!!!

First thing I would do once I hit the track is to identify who are the fast guys and watch their driving style and what lines they take. You will notice they look slow because of how smooth they are. If your car is too fast all you will be doing is wrecking.

Of course during the race I would recommend using some driveer etiquette. For example when being lapped by the leaders you are expected to give them a little extra room and not take them out so they can get around you clean.

As far as the Losi SCT (Kyosho is better haha) that would be fine, any top manufacturer builds fine trucks, Pretty much any lipo and Brushless setup will be fine as well. Just make sure your charger charges lipos. Ask at the track and someone will get you all setup.

Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:37 am

+1 (except associated is better)
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

HPI Smile
Back to top Go down
Slasher8

Slasher8

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Hpi (who what is that some ovet priced rc compay) lol!
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

OOOOOOO don't let George hear you say that! Wears their shirts all the time, still trying to get mine! (hint hint) Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:09 pm

I said any of the top companies; Kyosho, Associated, Losi.

HPI hahahaha they don't even have a buggy platform. World Champions are crowned by driving buggies!!
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:37 pm

you guys are awesome! This discusion has been moved over to "1/10 scale electric off-road" section under the
"Which company is better and why" . Please continue it there
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Associated/x factory baby!!!!
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Parts more readily available for hpi and traxxas at LOCAL establishment, cough cough TVH....... cheers
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Oh yeah owning an HPI is geat.... Rolling Eyes When you need a two dollar part you have to buy a 15 dollar parts bag... And when you want a decent steering rack they offer their performance rack for only 90 dollars!!!! affraid
Go HPI lol BTW i'm have a bunch of brand new Blitz stuff: Arms,Diff/rebuild, upright set, mounting, ect. , if anyone needs it.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Dang right they are awesome, or else ray wouldn't have gotten one to get back into the sc 2wd scene. And u know he's had practically every brand out there and he goes for the best. Hhpi. I'm sure tvh will agree to!
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Really Chris you're still with that!! I'll be honest with you like I was honest with Adrian. If you want to win, "Get a new truck!!"

Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: my ese   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

I wish you or Alex could have driven my Blitz, the only difference between yours and mine was Alex had the steering turned down 15-20%, other than that they felt identical when I drove your Kyosho after the last big show. Alex is a better driver but I had the Blitz setup nailed. Got my Losi 4x4 scte all steroided up with my 8th scale electrics ready to go, cant wait!!
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Curt you should have been there last week and saw my boys home built 4x4sc that he had put together a couple of days before Sundays race its a frankinstein for sure but ran awesome. 1/8 scale everything but a 1/10 body and wheel base. Read his post under set ups "area 51 skunkworks sc10 4x4"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race at BMX track.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2