Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Race at BMX track.....

Go down 
+8
shift76
RP Bandit
ExcelMarketTX
durtslinger35
shortysantana915
Icer.One
RTAMAYO86
cjchaparr82
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

Race at BMX track..... Empty
PostSubject: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey guys I am talking to the race director at Sun City BMX track on westside and they are looking at some RC guys doing an exhibition race at their track tonight. They thought it would be cool to have something different there if anyone is interested. The track is very hardpacked and immaculate, they take very good care of it. After talking some more with them now they wanted to know if whoever shows up wants to have an actual race there.. I'm taking my 4x4 or if you have an 8 scale that would work good too. As you know though BMX tracks are a little bigger than 10 scale tracks so expect something big. Like I said though the track is very well groomed and they also said something about a payout $$$$$ to anyone who actually wants to race....

Anyways I know its short notice but we were going to race BMX and I gave them the idea of the rc racing and they liked it, plus just something different to do if you are interested, we will be there around 6 or earlier. The track is Sun City BMX behind rec center on Sunland Park drive, 650 Wallenberg

Andrew let me know whats up.....
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello,

I would really like to be there. Do you think they will allow a couple nitro 1/8 buggies?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I asked he said its ok as long as it doesn't mess up track. The track has lots of jumps supercross style, so I don't know how much speed u can get on it. But were going to have fun regardless. Also asked him about electrical outlets and there's only a couple so bring electric supply.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:50 pm

cjchaparr82 wrote:
I asked he said its ok as long as it doesn't mess up track. The track has lots of jumps supercross style, so I don't know how much speed u can get on it. But were going to have fun regardless. Also asked him about electrical outlets and there's only a couple so bring electric supply.

thanks, I have proline knuckles so I don't think it will mess up the track.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm

You know what hold off on nitros for now, the track director just realized what a nitro rc car is so he wants to see how the track holds up the electrics first. Sorry......
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:58 am

track was huge and hard to see but well groomed i had fun thanks Chris good luck in Odessa with CJ racing tell him to kick some butt and we love him
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:56 pm

hey when r u all goin out there again cause that place is super close to my house i want to go race out der
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:07 pm

shortysantana915 wrote:
hey when r u all goin out there again cause that place is super close to my house i want to go race out der

I talked to some people there and they will probably set thursdays as practice for rc. they are going to call me. i will be putting the announcement here anyway. I think I will be setting a new thread to use as my blog about events and so if nobody objects it.
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:20 pm

ya thats koo its finnaly good to have somewhere on the westside to practice
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:52 pm

shortysantana915 wrote:
ya thats koo its finnaly good to have somewhere on the westside to practice

completely agree!! and how many racers and bashers are on the west because we will probably be required to bring as many as we can to make the practice session worth for the track to open and turn the lights on. I believe they will charge around $4.00 per car.
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey 4 bucks is alot better than the 15 or 20 bucks it takes to put gas in my v8 monster to go all the way to the eastside.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

at RTAMAYO86

I talked to some people there and they will probably set thursdays as practice for rc. they are going to call me. i will be putting the announcement here anyway. I think I will be setting a new thread to use as my blog about events and so if nobody objects it.[/quote]

if i remember correctly it was cjchappar82 who got the gates to open for rc's at the bmx track and now you say you are the man to talk to about the track, wow that was fast how you sterpped all over someone's toes. not cool
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:05 am

Icer.One wrote:
at RTAMAYO86

I talked to some people there and they will probably set thursdays as practice for rc. they are going to call me. i will be putting the announcement here anyway. I think I will be setting a new thread to use as my blog about events and so if nobody objects it.

if i remember correctly it was cjchappar82 who got the gates to open for rc's at the bmx track and now you say you are the man to talk to about the track, wow that was fast how you sterpped all over someone's toes. not cool[/quote]

I did put a THANK YOU to these guys but I will never be tired of thanking the creator of the forum and cjchaparr82 for having this space to share and I am doing nothing for myself I do it because I really want to know people on the hobby. I am not saying talk to me, don't get defensive and please review what you say because it is said that how you judge is how you live. I just stayed and talked to these people thanks to a friend who really liked the track because he does bmx at carolina park and has a nitro buggy. I just happened to stay there after the race because Pat lent his bike to my friend and while the guy was going around the track I spoke with Pat and I am just trying to get something good going and if you cross me out as a dreamer anyway here it is, I would like to see the nationals here in El Paso. I know it sounds crazy to some but I think we have more potential than most people think.

Some people are just defensive and closed to new guys helping. This is not the first time I see it, there was this guy racing before my buggy was ready, back then I went to Hal's every Saturday just to be there and forget about school, I had a spare the guy needed and gave it to him and he wanted to pay me for it and of course I did not want to charge I mean, things do cost but I come from an environment where whenever somebody needs something and another racer has it just help him out. I have also given out a set of tires in chihuahua. I do not have money to throw away and not even close. It took me 6 months to have my buggy complete. but I have gone to tons of races in mexico with my uncle and his racecar and that is where I saw how all racers of real cars lend every tool to each other or give a tire to the one who got a flat etc.

Thank You CJCHAPARR82 for making the contact with this track and its people and please accept my apologies if you felt I was taking credit for your achievements. I want no problem with anybody but completely contrary. Patrick is a great guy and I would not have met him and his wife if you had not posted the local event.

And as to this: "I think I will be setting a new thread to use as my blog about events and so if nobody objects it."
I can correct it because that last post of mine was written in a hurry and on my cell phone.
I think I will be setting a new thread to use as my blog about events I know of and so if nobody objects it.

Explanation:
I have tons of spare time which I want to use for anything that is rewarding. I also notice how I write about many things so I think a space to be a little about everything opinions etc. I left the option of the community objecting because if some people don't want it to be here, I can put my website and the link here for those who are interested on what I can offer. Setting up a blog is not too hard so I will probably do that. I continue on the same position. I just let all people know all I know.

I am sorry for the trouble, I was not doing anything to get money credit or power. I just want us all to enjoy the hobby as much as we can. Patrick asked me about the cars and I answered to the best of my knowledge. I don't know if the board has decided anything and I am just passing down all I talked with him because he mentioned they wanted to see how many people would show up and I said I could spread the word as much as I could to have as many cars and people as possible.

Thanks for reading up to here.
I am not extending this more because you must be tired of reading by now.
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:19 am

You know, as I sit here at 3 am reading your post and beleive me I read it twice, it seem's to be alot of I I I and MeMeMe from the first post you added to this site. Maybe this whole bmx track thing is a shot in the dark from anybody thats going to try and put something together.
Even though you give apologies and say you're not trying to take credit or you're just trying to do it to get everbody together for the sake of the sport, the fact still remains that you did step on somebody's toes and talk to the track director, and I do know this because I saw you talking to him most of the night and even heard a few things you were talking to him about.
I'm sure you saw the guy's with the electric rc's running and don't remember you talking to any of them to try and get some info or even to arrange something.
Initially this is a bmx track, and I don't want to mess up the track for the racer's, I saw the damage my 8th scale did to some of the lip's and I wont be taking it out there anymore because my son uses this track.
If you want to be the hero and jump in front good luck to you. scratch
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:09 am

I can't attest to anything for the simple fact that I wasn't there. I will say this. Chaparro called me personally
inviting me but I had to work. His son raced bmx that night and he ran his RC. Durtslinger's son's raced their bmx bikes and hes ran his rc. Icer.one ran his rc too.

In regards to starting a new thread I'm not quite sure what's wrong with this one scratch
The person who put this site up doesn't have a lot of time. But he somehow found it to provide
a great platform for his fellow local racers. And monitors it at all hours of the day and night to make sure
it's optimized for the users. He believes in serving people and fulfilling needs. We needed a local platform and here it is. ElpasoRC.com . I guarantee you if there was already another "active" local rc forum, this forum would have never been created.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:57 am

+1 on I ME MY I ME MY
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:29 am

Dang Andrew you read that twice. I could barely get through it once.

Hey RTAMAYO86,

No offense but the reason this has never happened here or anywhere in the country is because they are two different types of tracks!!!!! Sun City and Desert Downs is for BMX, not toy cars!!!!!
The only two things you will accomplish is break, tweak your RC and tear up the track for
it's true intended users, the bmx riders. When Chris peresonally came to my work and ask me about taking my stuff out there, I couldn't believe the race director actually agreed to it. I've raced at Sun City and they keep their track very well groomed to let people bash on it. Plus I won't take my delicate Kyoshos out there just to tweak them on jumps built for BMX.

That being said El Paso is already getting a first class RC facility capable of having HUGE races with room for RV parking. So you are right, El Paso does have the potential and no it doesn't sound crazy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
shift76

shift76

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:08 am

cliff notes anyone ? Question is it a yes or a no , I would like to go check out rc monster jumps
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

RP Bandit wrote:
Dang Andrew you read that twice. I could barely get through it once.

Hey RTAMAYO86,

No offense but the reason this has never happened here or anywhere in the country is because they are two different types of tracks!!!!! Sun City and Desert Downs is for BMX, not toy cars!!!!!
The only two things you will accomplish is break, tweak your RC and tear up the track for
it's true intended users, the bmx riders. When Chris peresonally came to my work and ask me about taking my stuff out there, I couldn't believe the race director actually agreed to it. I've raced at Sun City and they keep their track very well groomed to let people bash on it. Plus I won't take my delicate Kyoshos out there just to tweak them on jumps built for BMX.

That being said El Paso is already getting a first class RC facility capable of having HUGE races with room for RV parking. So you are right, El Paso does have the potential and no it doesn't sound crazy.

Ok no offense taken and thank you for letting me learn something new today. That makes complete sense because I do noticed I needed to harden suspension because it was slamming the floor after each jump.

You seem to be knowledgeable about bobby's I saw the schedule and address on another post. Thanks
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Please everyone,
Who do you want me to talk for in the first place?

The story how it happened:
Read only if you have a problem with me at the bmx track.

I will also thank my friend who convinced me on going to the track even if we were late assembling the clutch bell on my buggy. Then, he was the one who almost took a gun out for me to go talk with the guy speaking on the mic to ask for the times and days he could come to practice on his bike because he is learning English. I am not very comfortable speaking in English to be honest. The guy next to the announcer happened to be Patrick and he made an effort to speak and understand my friend in spanish but I was there just helping the conversation. Then, he asked on how we knew about the track and there was where I mentioned that I saw it on an online forum for R/C. He offered us to ride bikes to see how the track feels at the end of the race. Then I was just standing watching my friend go around the track and Patrick came over and he got interested making questions about the R/C and tracks charges etc and he was saying how it would be a fund raiser and even told me to take out the car after he showed us all his bikes.

As you can see it just happened I had no intention of anything but getting my friend in contact with the bmx racers and he will be there today and I will probably be there too.

I did not go and ask for the track just because I wanted to be a hero. And personally, I would go out and practice if it did accept r/c practice sessions. I have not even raced my buggy around here.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Sorry guys got busy with some business over here but let me chime in on this since I talked to the guy initially.

I talked to a friend of mine who maintains the track and he had asked me to take lil C there to go race on friday. Like I said initially it was a last minute thing. So since we weren't leaving til Saturday morning I took him to go get a workout in, yes Rtamayo that was him with the stars on his helmet block passing anything that came in his way! Laughing Anyways, the guy that invited us to go, Louie V. asked if I wanted to take my RC's out on the track so mine and his kid could run them on the track in between heat races and kinda show them off. I asked if it was cool if I could invite some friends also, specifically those who had 8 scales cuz I knew as Bobby Y. said that the track was huge. And like him I wasn't going to take my precious Blitz ESE out there just 4x4 for Lil C.

Anyways Louie calls me back and talks to me about putting on an actual race there or for us to do an exhibition for all the kids that will be there. I thought that would be a good idea so I got in touch with my buddies around town to head down there to have some fun and put on a show for the kids, as you could see there were a bunch of kids and they really enjoyed watching the rc's jump and run around the track even the parents did. That is when the race director and Louie approached me about having races there more often or how they could accomodate us so that we (rc people) could go there more often. Unfortunately here is the kicker, I believe as Bobby said earlier that they are two completely different things one not made for the other. If you would have gotten there earlier you would have seen more than a few of us broken down after a couple of laps. I think that the person you are talking to just wants us to go out there to collect money from us to put into the track which is used for BMX, imagine that! Which isn't a bad thing I guess if you just want a place to bash and break stuff but any racer, any real racer wouldn't see that as feasible And actually the person you are talking to is not in charge there, Angie Dennison is and Louie maintains it. Track or land that it sits on is owned by the city.

So, my thing was just a one time deal there to put on a show for the kids and to get notoriety for us rc people and drum up business for a certain hobby shop Wink TVH Crew forever!

In closing if you were so adamant about starting RC you could have come up and talked to us when you saw us there and we would have informed you about rc scene here in town. But, it looks like you have your own agenda with tracks and blogs etc. I think you should put more time and energy in ACTUAL rc tracks around town which in your case would be Hal's since you run nitro, I'm sure Alex and Hector could use the comp. Or wait to see what is coming track wise at TVH next to his shop and also Bobbys out on Montana Vista........

Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Dang Chris! You're not as dumb as you look.... lol
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:53 pm

You know what the real kicker is.......He hasn't even raced around here!!! Evil or Very Mad hahahahahahah

Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for clearing everything up for everyone Chris. I think we can all agree that the future of big rc in El Paso is not A to B style racing. And big tracks really put a beating on 1/10 scale electrics. A couple of us are actually building separate race rigs specifically for Hal's which is an 1/8 scale track designed to let the nitros
open up.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks for that amazing post right there cjchaparr82. I was not planning on even going to the track that day and I ended up there with a friend to see the bikes. Everything else just came across.

Thanks as the other guy said for clearing things up. I now understand and agree this track is not the place for the toys.

To the RPBANDIT and Icer.one users, what do you think I should do? You have criticized me and I would like to get to know you in person since you two seem to have much more experience on R/C than I do. This no joke nor sarcasm etc not trying to offend anybody but if anyone else wants to jump in and help me find some answers about electrics and what is raced the most locally etc. please let me know where to go. I am lost completely on brushless things.

Oh and to the kicker of not racing here. Of course I have been to the hal's track but as a beginner I don't want to be there having a probability of obstructing another racers way and I have no transponder yet and for me bashing and jumping around is fun enough while I get the transponder. But of course that I can offer you RPBandit to try my buggy see if you like the way it drives. I am not planning on racing with guys who have way more experience on track than I do. I have seen what happens to the noob who gets on the way of a competitive guy and I want to save myself the hassle or fistfight. maybe in a couple years I might get into the track.

Icer.one; you really made a great point with the common goal post. Really liked the post and thanks for criticizing it is good for me to be a better person. and as for support count me in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race at BMX track.....   Race at BMX track..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race at BMX track.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next