Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

new Krag track update

Go down 
+12
astrman
PabloM
nmdesertracer
RTAMAYO86
ginoford
rangerjkb
bigwavedave33
Icer.One
Str8Basher
ExcelMarketTX
chevyrunnin
RP Bandit
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

new Krag track update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 am

I think you need about 108 inches of ROLL OUT on the RR of that thang and about 13 inches of stagger. Make a wing mount for the top and you'd be in business.
Oh, and take the gearbox out, put a quick change rear end, a bird cage, and some roll bars. You might benefit from some tie downs on the left front...hahahahahaah
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

They'll have them at vatozone, they sell them in packs with various sizes. I use to buy them there for my motor lathe.

I'd be down to race vintage tractors haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 pm

ok...I will try Vatozone...lololol and if they don't know what the heck I'm talking about I'll tell them you sent me. lol
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Bobby IM me your phone number if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 am

got it thanks
Back to top Go down
astrman

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 pm

You guys still planning on being out at the krag track this weekend? My tendinitis kicked up in my foot so I am hobbling a bit but would still be willing to help with the track or get out to run my rc truck a bit either at the new track or the old one.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 am

Oh dang. Hope that gets better. Bobby should be out tomorrow and Team HaleChicano.com will be running our trucks, buggies, and truggies out on Sunday till the extra hour of sun comes down Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 am

I totally had plans to be there, but my wife's grandmother passed away. The viewing and rosary are Sunday. I'll be busy with that stuff. I MAY have time from about 9-12 if anyone will be there then?
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok I was able to make it out on Sunday for about 1.5 hours. Bobby said that I was the first one to race the entire course and here are my thoughts. This track really delivers all the goods!! If you like high speed tracks, this track has a super long straight with a hairpin turn, then another swerving straight near the back of the track. There are a couple more high speed areas going into and out of a few jumps. It you are the type of driver that likes a more techical track, well the track hides some surprised in the form of tight S turns with timed jumps, table tops, table top turns, banks, a quad, and several other obstacles that will challenge the most seasoned driver. Overall this track has a little bit of everything for every kind of driver. I believe that it will also help to prepare anyone who's interested in honing their skill for out of town and competitive professional circuits. Perfect size for 8th scale buggies and truggies. Passing offers another challenge and the most technical portions of the track will not make it easy to pass. Passing will most likely occur on the high speed sections or whenever people mess up in the technical areas. Passing will require precise timing, and that is going to make for some interesting battles.

The dirt was soft in certain places, for Bobby had not yet completed tamping the surface. I can say this; when I did come through a prepared section with moisture the car acted as if it was on rails. So although I could not get a clear picture of what the track was going to be like, I can say I'm super stoked to see what a prepped surface will do. Drawbacks on the soil are that I do think the fine soil type will force motor and bearing maintenance. Tire that seemed to work well were calibers and city blocks or Megagrids. This may change as more and more cars run the surface in.

The biggest problem I ran into was operating temp. I was able to run 15 minutes on my 8th scale buggy and the motor did end up temping a scorching 190!! The speed control was 160. This was the hottest temps I've ever had. It took about 4-5 minutes to reach these temps. So, I tried my Losi SC truck and temps were high again. All 3 of my cars went over acceptable temps. The weather was about 53 degrees so this was bad news. I'm sure the thick loose dirt had a lot to do with this, and I can't rule out the size of the track either. Any feedback from the other drivers who attended would be appreciated.

In conclusion, I was super impressed. Not only with the track, design, and challenge, but also with the devotion that Bobby has towards this sport. This track is not going to let any racer down, and will offer unmatched challenges for any level of driver.

Thanks Bobby!!!!!!! A++++++++++ Really looking forward to racing here....
Back to top Go down
jason.wible

jason.wible

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

hey Gino i think some of the problem is wheel spin heating the motor im sure mine was a little warmer and i got to run a few complete laps after we finished tamping on sun i think the biggest challenges is going to be tire selection and camber u might have the right tires but then on the high speed sections your losing grip be cause the car raises up in the front its truly going to be a great track cant wait to get the drivers stand and pit lane in its going to be crazy i for see lots of people trying to go big on the back jump ending up on the other side of the wall and getting frustrated on the table top throwing you off at the end cant wait and with this track i think some more top end gearing like 1 or 2 teeth difference should drop u down about 10 to 15 degrees and please if u come out u will need brakes that work so tune them up everybody
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Gino the track and facility as a whole is truly like nothing else in El Paso and I think that is what raceparty has always been. Bobby has racing toy cars for as long as I've been alive and for the Yarbrough family its truly a passion and it's shows in their commitment to the track and racers. In regards to the track surface and temps, I agree with you that time will only tell what true conditions will be like. One thing is for sure it is big and offers plenty of room for your vehicle to top out. I think the surface is gonna work. Ran megagrids last week and they hooked great. Anyways its gonna be great when Bobby hold the first actual race bounce
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 am

First of all I want to thank everyone for their help and support, it is greatly appreciated.

Gino hit the nail on the head, the only reason I decided to first build a track in my backyard was to be more competitive at out of town races. I've had a track in my backyard since my dad gave me an RC10 in 1985 (purchased at Hal's). In '99 I went to the cactus classic and saw Maifield for the first time, he was still a little kid. That little kid was kicking butt in the A-main. That motivated me to build a track to get more practice and I knew El Paso was big enough to find the next big name in RC. I still believe we have that potential.

If there was a quality track or any track for that matter in El Paso I would've fully supported it to my fullest ability, but there wasn't. Hal's was and always will be my home track, but at the time El Paso racers had to travel to Cruces just to race. When Hal's finally started racing offroad again they really catered to 8th scale nitro only, for some reason. Well anyone who knows me knows I like running electric 10th scale. Chuck at radical racers was the same way, only wanting to cater to 8th nitro. He even made fun of electric cars in his signature (not cool for a track/hobby shop owner). So in 2009 we decided to invite fellow racers over to my backyard to race. With the help of the slash and SC racing, 10th scale electric really took off and the rest is history.

As far as the track surface is concerned I really don't know how it will pan out. Efren showed up after we tamped the whole track. I lent him my losi 8 with bald tires and the wrong rear shocks. All I can say is he loved it. If we come to the conclusion that the surface won't work I still have the 26 metric tons of premium track surface. The only draw back is it will be extremely hard packed with tons of friction (hard on parts and tires) but only time will tell. I'm a racer first, so be assured that we will have the best surface for everyone to have fun on and to hone their skills.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:12 am

The track is really coming along nice! I can't begin to explain how passionate the Yarbrough family is about the hobby. Just a few more gaps to be closed and a drivers stand. I got a chance to run my new e-truggy for the fist time and I'm hooked! I know Bobby is going to buy a adequate drivers stand because this track is not small by any means. This Sunday we are taking 1/10 scale rigs to finish the timing on the jumps.

Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 am

Starting to look great! Did Bobby just keep the dirt that was part of the land or did he end up spreading that dirt he had ordered down?
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

SWEEEEEET!! Ran in NC today Ebuggy took 3rd out of 10. I think I could get 2nd easy once I get the flow of the track better. Need to try some other tires tooooo. Dang I miss 10th scale buggy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

ginoford wrote:
Starting to look great! Did Bobby just keep the dirt that was part of the land or did he end up spreading that dirt he had ordered down?

We haven't laid the good stuff down yet, we just packed down what's there so we can tweak the jumps and make sure the track flows nice.

We did do some testing with the new stuff and I was super impressed. It packs down very hard. When wet, it's sticky and holds moisture really well. When dry, it is very hard an abrasive, like running on a sugar track without the need to buy suger. This stuff is very similar to competition hobbies surface and I think will work out very well for us.

Got some more work done on the shop this week, all that is lacking is painting the ceiling and deciding on a floor.

Taking a week off in the very near future so we can finish everything up. All that is lacking now is a drivers stand, pit lane, laying the new surface and installing the lights.

Friday night racing is coming very soon!!!

Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 pm

road trip!!! Looks like you all have been working hard on the track!

I don't want to hear robert crying about how far he drives to go race. I was racing Sunday and 3 groups of people drove over an hour and a half??? El Paso is just spoiled when it comes to RC racing!

there is no 10th scale here except SC. The closest 10th scale is over an hour away that runs buggy... that is how I found out they came from over an hour and a half away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

yes and Bobby is the most spoiled of them all!!

He has the track in his backyard!! OMG!
Nah just kidding he is one truly dedicated fellow!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
astrman

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Bobby, You going to be out at the Krag track working this weekend? If you need a hand with anything just let me know. (I managed to loose your phone number).

Ethan managed to step on my slash last weekend and break it in half (broke at the rear where the shock tower mounts to the plastic underbody and the plastic support/skid plate piece underneath. It now has a new underbody, and RPM front and rear skid plates on it now. It's becoming less and less box stock the longer I own it. One of the front tires looks like it may need some adjustment too (after Ethan was jumping it on the mounds of dirt and launching it in the 7' air). Nothing seems broken but something seems a little off with the front end adjustment now. I figure you can probably help me adjust it correctly if I bring the car out.

Jack
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Hey Jack,

I'm going to try and pick up a drivers stand this saturday so I'm not sure what time I'll be getting there, but I'll be there till the sun goes down both Saturday and Sunday. I'll take my camber and toe gauge with me so I can get you all set up!!

see you this weekend...I'll text you my number again.

Back to top Go down
astrman

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks Bobby

I got a couple new LIPO pacs (2S GForce 6000mAh 50C) and was doing some hi-speed runs out in our cul-d-sac to see how fast the new batteries (and some different tires) go compared to my older GensAce (2S 5000mAh 40C) before I gear it down to 19/90 for the summer.

Previous run for my GensAce was 36.8MPH with my 23/86 gearing

Same packs as before, but with a few cycles on them,
1st GensAce - 37.6 MPH
2nd GensAce - 38.6MPH !!!

Then as I was bringing it in (slowing down), crashed into my ankle (not really that going fast as it didn't even skin my ankle) and broke a caster block and bent a pin. Grrr.... Off to Hal's to buy another RPM replacement.

I would love to try a 3S but the ESC/motor combo isn't rated at that, need a different motor.
Back to top Go down
astrman

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 am

Put the new caster blocks in and made 3 passes with 3 different batteries and cracked my rear hub carrier.

38.9 MPH on my last battery pass, even with the rear hub carrier cracked! WooHoo!!!

Way too fast for me on the your new track, time to gear it down.
Back to top Go down
Corbynsdad

Corbynsdad

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm

bounce hey all , just when you thought it couldn't happen it did.
Corbyn has finally whipped his 4 year struggle and is ready to start racing again.
Thanks to everyone that has been there to help him and support him!!

He practiced at desert downs raceway this weekend and was able to stay out for a couple of hours each day.

I hope to see all of our old friends there and at Bobby's new track soon.

Again thanks for your prayers ,support and well wishes!!

Hector look out the kid is back and wants to kick your tail.. JK

Corbyn Showers Team Associated RC8.2e Ape Crazy
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Welcome back Corbyn and Joey, great time to get back in the RC racing scene.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Krag track update   new Krag track update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Krag track update
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next