Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Go down 
+10
ExcelMarketTX
RTAMAYO86
Ivan The Terrible
Icer.One
Honda22s
nmdesertracer
rangerjkb
bigwavedave33
outoforder
TQ59
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Ill be there for the T4T race. Probably gonna race electric EX and race a few heat races with my nitro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Will be there for the duration of the Offroad T4T race and hopefully all of the Onroad T4T race. Should be a great time racing and with friends! Hopefully that new avitar is Hectors 8th scale Nitro, can't wait to see one run in person, they are just sick in the online videos I have seen!
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 pm

nmdesertracer wrote:
We never got the second email from hals saying if the race was on or not. Me and john would have come. hector give me your cell number dangit this is a crying shame.. Hector you getting a Nitro sedan?
Lol ... Robert Call me at 915-539-6967 for any Racing info... Bring john with you for the toys 4 tots..
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 am

Going to give onroad a try for my first time today. Been itching to get out all week. Just wanted to thank Dave for getting my
back on parts and Jonathan for pulling out the stuck bolt in my car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Had a blast today even though I was wrenching on that dang TC3 more than I was driving it. Got a Video of todays heat race going up on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:32 pm

It was fun! I'm glad Hector had a spare ESC so I could finally figure out what the heck was the speed issue with my car. It kinda hurt the pocket book all new batteries, motor, and of course it was the last thing.. the ESC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Had a blast today! Thanks Hector for helping me get going and Dave for bring the arms I needed after smashing into the back wall. 6900kv in a little car is faster than I thought. That TC3 looked fast to me. Hope you guys can get the bugs out.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am

Great racing yesterday at Hal's new Onroad Course layout! It was great to see several new racers, everyone was showing some great speeds and exceptional driving, making for some fantastic competittion throughout the day!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Got a few questions!

Foam vs Rubber tire lifespan? Foam is the way to go at the track.

If I went with foams do i need a tire truer? probably yes

Would OFNA's manual tire truer be good enough. Really dont want to spend a lot on a automatic truer.

What sauce and shore # are you running?
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Hector and Danny, would be able to provide better insight on foam use. but last You'll lose about 1mm of foam during a 5 minute race. After discussing with Hector and trying some, the 35 Shore (26mm Front and 30mm Rear tire widths) offer tremendous on track performance gains over rubber tires. When using rubber tires during approriate temps, can get 1.5 hrs run time on 28R's and nearly 2 hrs on 32R's.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

How about a rubber 10.5 and foams 10.5 more run time.
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Robert , Foams will Definitely improve traction but, allot of high maintenance is involved...
First, a tire truer is a must.. got to keep all fours the same diameter. Like Jason said, 1 mm scrubs off every heat so, Ride height is always compromised and needs to be adjusted as well..., a Height gauge is also a must.... Shore ratings ( softness of foam) should fit your driving style,, Sauce on foams is great but, remember its only temporary for the first 5 to 6 laps after that your on your own .. so , tire choice is critical... and last but not least pinions must be changed as tires get smaller to keep you FDR (final Drive Ratio)..in check...
These are some of the Fun things you need to do after every race, on top of all the other things you normally do ... lol.. Or,you can just Run Rubber tires and enjoy a nice Burger from Jack In The Box and chit chat with your racing buddies... lol....
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 am

Thanks Hector! After further thought I think ill stick with rubber. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:01 am

Yes, rubber tires make things very easy when it comes down to it and maintenance is a breeze. The performance is great and pretty competitive with all the cars racing. Rotating your tires after each run realy extends the tires lifespan and as Hector said you can enjoy the racing and atmosphere. The 28R's work great when temps are in the 50 degree range and 32R's hook up well above that temp.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:15 am

I think we should have stuck with rubbers like we first started with Sad
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

Dave, its not too late !!! lets put it to a Vote next Race ... I will run whatever the Club Decides... Im all for it!!!.. Cost was the issue to some racers thats why the change was made... Next race starts the Point Series !!!
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 am

yeah, but in the long run I think cost is same or close no? Especially with the maintenance.... I think you can find good deals on GOOD rubber to make it worth while. I'm on my 3rd race on 28s... That's $10 a race and with the race only costing $5...
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 am

I am good for either tires, my vote would be to cater to whatever the majority of racers would like to run and grow Onroad participation the best we can. The cost for rubber tires is high though, but usage time is good (probably evening out overall cost). Still attempting to work some angles to obtain them at a much lesser price.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I've got 10 sets of SOREX 36Rs for the spring/summer coming for $32. That's $10 off anywhere you can find em... Some packs are even the OLD really good rubber Smile And I'm always looking for more.
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Maybe if we can all agree to run sorex, somebody can email them to be the official tire of the Onroad series for Hals. That way sorex can hook us up with a discount.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I think John can get a discount on tires. Im running sorex 32 on all the races still on the same set of used tires John sold me.. So thats 4 races with me and 1 with my son on the used tires. I guess race the TC till the foams pop out.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
stixracing

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Sorex were costing me 48 shippdd through amain. I can get foams for 22 shipped. I get about same runtime on either. If I can keep getting rubber for ~ 30 I wouldnt mind switching back. But almost 50 a set there is no comparison price wise.
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm

$ 8.25 for a New Pair of Foams is very feasible .. and does last just as long as Rubber... I have been racing Foams for ever so, the maintenance really does'nt bother me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Any one want to do a SC4x4 class?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!   Attention On Road Racers !!!!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next