Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

What tire works at what track?

Go down 
+6
Slasher8
TQ59
RP Bandit
Icer.One
durtslinger35
ExcelMarketTX
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

What tire works at what track?  Empty
PostSubject: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:39 am

A lot of us race very frequently at Hal's or Bobby's but I also know a lot of us are going to start going out that haven't done too much racing. Since tires are a huge factor in racing, maybe we can share what tires work at which track wet and dry.

I'm running a Slash 4x4 at Bobby's and run Pro-Lines Caliber SC tire in the M2 compound on all four corners.
They hook pretty well dry and wet but do clog up easily if the conditions are muddy.
Since I work Saturdays I haven't had a chance to go to Hal's and see what works out there.
What tire works at what track?  Caliber
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:18 pm

When I run at Hal's, I find that when the track is somewhat tacky or wet, goosebump's work really well. And when it start's to dry out caliber's or megagrid's are the one's to go with, but everybody's driving style isn't the same, so sometime's you really can't say what works good for yourself is also good for somebody else. Very Happy Very Happy

jammin 4x4sc, novak havoc pro sc, ballistic 4.5 550 What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Yeah you definitely have more power than I do and those Megagrids really help you keep your truck planted. I'm still running a 540 can. Ray's running some crazy 550 system too affraid in his slash 4x4 and seems to like the Megagrids.
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:51 pm

It's not really about the power Adrian, it's about the gear ratio of the tranmission in the truck you run, I run the 550 can for power to weight purposes. If I were to put a vxl system in my truck with the way I drive, I'd be replacing systems every week, but we already know about that.
All the new 4x4sc trucks coming out art a bit heavier than the slash, and with the right gearing you could possibly get by with a 540 can system, but why chance it.
You also have more options now with all the 550 cans on the market, and they're compatible with alot esc's ( mmp, rx8, novak havoc pro sc, lrp ) I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get my point.
So with that said, I like megagrid's cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

a lil off topic but...ok... when i get my SC10 4x4 on Wednesday (hopefully at least thats what Jorge told me it was gonna be in) im gonna mount up some megagrids for sure and i might put some calibers together and i was thinking goosebumps but the foams suck and the blue proline foams dont quite fit propperly...

Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:09 am

Andrew, +1 on why take the risk! The new 4x4 sc's are mini truggies and weigh a ton. I think the only metal parts on the traxxas are the tierods and shockshafts. Oh yeah and the driveshaft and diif rings. I'm running 13/54 @ %70 and pretty sure I don't want more power or grip. But like you said everyone has their preferences. Humbly speaking, apparently what's working for you is better than what's working for me because I've been traction rolling and hugging pipe for the last two months just trying not to get lapped by that beast of a truck you call your jammin.

Booby M. , No way man! Surprised Dang dude now I'm gonna have to fight to stay on the same lap as two non-traxxas trucks! No ...... Really though that's awesome brother. Hope you get it together in time for sunday.

Go Megagrids
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: SC10 4x4   What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:24 am

if indeed it shows up at Jorge's on Wednesday i should have it built and ready by sunday as i have all my electronics and servo on the shelf ready and waiting but i really dont think you'll have to worrie about me too much cuz i'll be working all the bugs out and not really worried about winning as its a new rig and i really dont think that its going to be perfect out of the box
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:25 am

It took long enough for ae to put that truck out, it better be pretty close to perfect. Anyways, I'm sure you'll be fine Dr. frankenstein, afterall you built this monster and taught me how to wheel the 4x4.
I think you're a driver that everbody need's to look out for, including myself Arrow

oh yeah, and get two sets of megagrid's Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks for the complament but i need to learn the truck and set up before im going to be any comp for you guys i can only hope to laydown as many laps as you guys. i just want to go and have fun with it. if i at least stay close to you guys i'll be happy
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah Bobby you're so humble brother. For all you know you're gonna figure out your truck in the heats and we're all gonna be sweating bullets in the main. All I have to say is "one way diff". And for the sake of the thread megagrids.
What tire works at what track?  Megagrids

Actually I've been running some bad foams in a couple of my tires so I may try a pair of subcultures up front in the heats and run them in the main if the track isn't too wet. I say we soak it up real nice, then let the stadium trucks roll it in for us Razz Yeah, that's a heck of a plan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:37 pm

x2 on letting the stadium trucks get muddy first lol!

i just hate cleanning my rig after a sunday of racing
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

X3 FOR ME, stadium trucks don't have to worry about the mud flinging inside the body Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Three Makes a Class !!! cheers We are officially the "Not goin' to roll the track in for yah and get our trucks all flippin' muddy" class !!!! Razz

J Concepts Subcultures
What tire works at what track?  Subcultures
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

I guess this means we're up first now Exclamation Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:01 am

Probably you know how that goes "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" when you make a valid point sometimes you get attention wanted or not lol oh well first last who cares i just wanna have a blast...
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:21 pm

I hate rolling in the track with my 1:1 sprint car...but I'm there every race with mud scrapers in hand.

On a side note. We can alternate who rolls the track in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm

this thread got a lil off topic but..... what tires and or shock/spring set up works with the muddy track? i know my front carvers work ok on my sc10 when the track is wet but seem to clog up toward the end of the heat and not perform so hot but gotta drive the conditions.

anyone else wanna give their 2 cents?
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:08 pm

It got alot off topic, I think we were talking out our @#$. I dont really care if we go first or last, I have my tire cleaner with me all the time anyway, as for the mud inside the body, I was going to add weights to the inside anyway and at all four corners it just distribute's evenly haha. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah, what the heck guys. Why are we going off topic here Rolling Eyes

Well this Sunday is going to be much more organized so hopefully we'll have an intermission before the main so we can wet the track and let it settle. If we time it all right, Andrew won't have to put the weight in for even mud distribution Very Happy Bobby M. , I have a set of carvers too and my plan is to run them in the dry heats and switch to slicers in the main. The slicers look like they won't clog up as easily. Mean Gene and Garrett are running the Slicers and swear by em Cool

What tire works at what track?  CarversWhat tire works at what track?  Slicer
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:58 pm

So you're gonna run 2wd?
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Oh yeah im ungrounding my xxxsct cr/Rayworks edition.
Go slicers afro
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Nice!!
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks Bobby. Not sure if I'm going to hang with that Team driver of yours on rails affraid but ive got spare parts now so i'm sure as heck gonna try Very Happy Oh yeah and i'm gonna run double dees in the heats and either goosebumps or the Losi Eclipse tires in the main.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:08 am

gonna try some calibers, bowfighters, and megagrids on sunday on the 4x4 lets see what works for me
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey Guys r the Megagrids really hooking up???? r they better than the Goosebumbs ????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tire works at what track?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next