Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Dig Installation Issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krogoth

Krogoth

Dig Installation Issues Empty
PostSubject: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 pm

So, after the comp today, I came home, got settled and then promptly tore my rig apart to install my VP dig. Went relatively smoothly except for two very big issues.

1st, theres no room for the servo and Im having issues determining where I can place a servo to actuate the Dig.

2nd, I need to get myself a full thickness Axial transmission plate. Everything fits but when I installed the transmission plate and moved on to hooking the lower links back up, the link under the dig has no clearance at all. I dont mind trimming the transmission plate, but I really dont want to dremel the Dig itself, especially since the area I would be taking a dremel to is where the pivot point for the dig throw arm is.

So, here I am, still pondering how to finish this but since I know yall are smart too, I figured Id throw the issues up here and see what help I can get with this. Pretty sure if I had a pull thickness transmission plate that should fix the 2nd issue entirely. Anyone want to trade for an STRC Aluminum AX-10 transmission plate? Razz
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I dont know which sero you have but have you checked this one http://www.vanquishproducts.com/hurtz-mini-servo-bracket.html. Its for a mini servo. Hope that helps.

Alfonso
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:50 pm

I may try that after payday, but even that may not cut it. Wish I could fab up a small bracket myself. :-/

My fab skills are subpar.
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 pm

That must be a tight space. How did the comp go today?
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Comp went great. I got the High Score! Not exactly the best thing in retrospect Razz

My rig did great, The 3 courses were great and the bonus line was a challenge, and rocked.

It seemed like everyone had a pretty good time and it was good to meet local people into R/C.
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Thats cool. Well Ill meet u down in Cruces for the next comp. For whats its worth I run digless. For now.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Until I at least figure out the way to get my last lower link connected I have no rig lol.

I can zip tie the dig and run it "digless" but I cant do squat with only one rear link lol. Next weekend Im gonna be on a trip to monticello though. 1:1 scale trail run. Hell yes.
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Can u do this to your skud plate? http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300593&page=2 Maybe it can help.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:01 pm

You mean make my own or ?

EDIT: Nvm Im an idiot. you mean triangulate my lower links. I have no idea but with my current skidplate, no. If I got a replacement or made one for triangulation, maybe but id have to redo all my links for that lol.

But it is an option, thanks for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

If u do a search on rccrawler.com. you will notice that alot of people have done that with the original skid plate. Hope this info guides you to the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dig Installation Issues   Dig Installation Issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dig Installation Issues
Page 1 of 1