Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

North East Rock Crawling

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Krogoth

Krogoth

North East Rock Crawling Empty
PostSubject: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

Looking to find some people to meet up with on the Northeast side of town to play together.

That sounds so immature but no other way to phrase it. These are big boy toys lol. Never gotten a chance to use my crawler for anything other than putzing around the house and testing it to make sure it worked. Want to compete with it some and just generally have fun with it!

Also interested in starting work on a 1/10 scale truck if the time and funds permit.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 am

Hey there are some crawlers here in the northeast my son has a berg my daughter has an ax10 and I myself have a xr10 also my buddy has a losi crawler we are going to have a comp on Sunday at UTEP if you are interested we will be at Team Valadez Hobbies on Montana on Saturday if you wanna swing by to get more info
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 am

Care to text? I thought Team Valadez Hobbies, the place near Arby's on Montana had closed down? Hopefully Im wrong!?

I think Im down for this Sunday, but Saturday it depends on the time. I think I have some free time in the morning but at 3pm Im going shooting with a friend for her birthday.

My crawler is Axial based but soon hopefully Ill have some RC4WD Worminators (second hand). Ill try and post up some pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 am

No Team Valadez Hobbies just moved more east its near the cockpit lounge same phone number though. We usually comp on the morning around 8 or so. If you want like I said swing by the hobby shop we are usually there hanging out and you can get the scoop.

Last edited by Icer.One on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 am

Whats the street address? Ill definitely try to swing by if its not too far out on the east side.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 am

9828 Montana near McRae
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:05 am

Thats not too far at all. I was hoping it wouldnt be all like, super far east lol.

Im super psyched about doing a comp with this crawler finally. Might try and get my VP dig unit installed but I need a new servo and before that I need to make sure I can fit it into my chassis lol.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 am

Bring it by the hobby shop Jorge is like Yoda of rc's especially crawlers I'm sure he can get the dig to work no problem
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 am

I just might do that. Also gotta work on getting new links for some RC4WD shocks I got that I want to use but might as well wait for that.

Gotta redo the links entirely once I get my Worminator axles which if this guy follows through Ill be buying in the next few days. So stoked about the amazing deal Im getting lol. Love the idea and the look of these axles.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:45 am

Those Worminators are cool, I like the clearance. I was going to buy a set, but my buddy sold me a RTR Losi Comp Crawler (worm drive), for about the price of 1 worminator.
Hope you can make it out to the comp, the utep crawl spot is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

Im going to try, Im not doing anything sunday.

And the clearance is what really sells me on those axles. At the request of someone on the RCCrawler forums I did look into the Losi Comp Crawler axles and...just meh. I think that it will take some getting used to the worm gear drives though. On the LCC forum it was mentioned a few times that the worm drives can get bound up on rocks where normal axles just get torque twist. Something like that.

Might have to look into getting a whole bunch of new stuff for my comp crawler here soon. Just gotta see how it performs as is in a real comp for now though.

I want to get working on my scaler
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 pm

True about these axles binding up, but if you use your dig it will unbind, I been messing around with the LCC for about a week and haven't bound up yet. I will be bringing both rigs to the comp, but haven't decided which one I will run in the comp.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Well getting my VP dig installed on my Axial trans is on the to-do list but Ill have to see how the Axial trans and 25:1 worm gears in the new axles work together lol. Might have to get a 1:1 trans from RC4WD but Im hoping I wont have to worry about it.

I just dont remember what the stock gearing in the Axial transmission is, and havent taken the time to look it up yet.

Luckily Ive gotten a few offers for F-150 bodies here lately but still holding out for a Ranger body. Then I can get my scaler started hehe. Tempted to wait and use the new Wraith axles instead of Ax-10 axles but oh well.
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:16 pm

The wraith looks bad ass, I too am starting a scaler, mine is based off the gmade r1 axles so it will be around 1/8 scale. I think will not have a problem with the dig and axial tranny. You might have to go higher on your pinion gear
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Never heard of Gmade axles. What they from? Im slow lol. Im waiting to find an acceptable Ford Ranger or Ford F-150 body to start my scaler. Trying to convince a friend to do this as well, he needs a hobby. Wondering what kinda chassis I should use, or if I should make my own, etc. So many considerations but I know for sure I want an F-150/Ford Ranger.

I stopped by Valadez Hobbies. Didnt get my dig installed today but I did talk to the guy and tomorrow Im going to be at the comp. Should be good fun! I know Im gonna learn alot that I will need to tune on my crawler. Do you know anyone that runs droop shocks? I dont think thats the proper term but yeah. Im running the stock axial shocks as droop shocks, but a) need to find out why they are leaking, and B) Im thinking about once I get the new axles setting them back up as regular coilovers.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:42 pm

A few recent pics

North East Rock Crawling Dsc00356ch.th North East Rock Crawling Dsc00357k.th North East Rock Crawling Dsc00359s.th
North East Rock Crawling Dsc00360u.th North East Rock Crawling Dsc00361r.th North East Rock Crawling Dsc00362hi.th
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Cool pics hey we are meeting in the parking lot behind the don haskings building at 9 for the comp
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Yep, Im definitely going to be there. I was considering installing the dig today/tonight but decided against it. I would rather have a working crawler for tomorrow and the dig isnt going anywhere.

Cant wait for my first comp! Hopefully Ill get some good pics in as well.
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice Looking rig!! You will have a lot of fun. The R1 axles are from a guy named Junfac, he is in Seoul. They are portal axles. I will have both rigs with me. Maybe if your free You can come out to Las Cruces and we can get that dig together and crawl Little Moab.
Well I will see you guys in the morning.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Actually, I do go up to LC semi-regularly. I have some friends up there for various activities. off roading, shooting, etc. So another reason to make the drive would be awesome lol. Where is Little Moab located? Ive been on some trails up there and they are fun in a 1:1 rig, even though mine isnt anything special yet.

Ive heard of junfac, he makes some good driveshafts.

Look forward to meeting yall tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Dang Andrew and I are here at sue young park practicing crawling there are some very changing lines here I could say we need to have a comp here for sure. Anyone want to come over here off Diana st at the entrance of sue young park are welcome to join us we should be here for a lil while
Back to top Go down
Poncho_Ponch

Poncho_Ponch

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Let me know how it goes tomorrow. To bad I got on here late I would of liked to join u guys.
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Poncho_Ponch wrote:
Let me know how it goes tomorrow. To bad I got on here late I would of liked to join u guys.
What do you mean? Your not coming out tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Here is the spot we're at right now not bad not bad

North East Rock Crawling Fe01d209-orig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North East Rock Crawling   North East Rock Crawling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North East Rock Crawling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next