Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Here are the facts

Go down 
+4
cjchaparr82
saltydog
Argyle43
ginoford
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Just received some disturbing news. The kind people over at Speed World are just about to throw in the towel. No support I'm hearing. I don't believe Joey is going to sign a contract on a new RC building with the future of RC looking the way it does now. I understand we all have lives, and so do I, but this is disheartening. Looked like RC was growing, and big things were beginning to happen. We don't have much time left before we no longer enjoy a facility like Speed World. Joey and the SW team has fixed the AC issues and it is now much cooler inside. SW is constantly trying to make RC better and more fun, but there just seems to be no support.

Here's what I'd like you all to do. PLEASE leave comments and suggestions on what you'd like to see at SW. Changes on race formats, schedule, etc.

What day would you like to race a SW? i understand that Sat is not always the best day for all of us, so what days would you be able to make it on a regular basis?

What changes would you like to see that would make you want to race more often? For ex: Is Wed night quickie getting you home too late? If we could get you home earlier, would you race more often?

We need this feedback guys and girls.

Lastly, and this is just the way I see things, El Paso has always seemed to be skittish when it comes to supporting things. For example, EP will support something, then all of a sudden that support is gone, for no apparent reason. And the silliest things will upset people and it's these people who throw in the towel. Imagine if we could have these 20 people back? I know you can't please everyone, but there has to be more pleased people then there are non-pleased people for this to work, and right now I don't seem to see the pleased people out racing much. I've seen this happen with live music and in the bars that operate here. One weekend the bar is packed and the bar loves you and the next minute no people show up, and then you find out that the bar is out to get you. Most bars I've ever played in in EP is like that. We have to learn to MAKE things happen, not have things just happen, and stop allowing little minor set backs to ruin the few things we do have here. EP is a strange culture to try to get a grip on economically and socially. Maybe this is why things just don't work here. No big businesses are likely to set up here because people won't support it. I've never understood why. We have some of the cheapest markets for commercial real estate, yet no big entertainment venues. Please don't think I'm knocking EP; I've lived here all of my life, and my roots are here. for the most part I love this city, but there has to be a paradigm shift soon or we'll be missing out big time!

I don't have all the answers for making RC a success, but it's happening at both local tracks... just ZERO support. So please take the time to say something here, and please don't hide yourself behind a silly name. Moreover, keep it respectful. Your opinions are all appreciated, so long as you back them up with logical and respectful comments and reason based sentiment. Otherwise nobody will respect your opinions, so please keep this real and let yourself be heard through your voice here. We'd truly love to hear each and every single one of your thoughts. Lets keep RC alive in EP. We are currently on the horizon to something really BIG here, and without your support RC cannot thrive. I've currently acquired more clay for free and we're just about ready to add some new jumps in SW in an effort to make racing more fun and challenging. Just think; imagine not being able to race on Wed. nights in the comfort of an indoor track. I can't imagine not racing period. Something must be done. It's up to you and me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Sw   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:30 pm

I have really enjoyed the races at SpeedWorld, sure things could probably be better, but it's pretty darn good the way it is right now. I have been to the big RC tracks in Dallas,Albuquerque,Tucson, and Las Vegas. I have to say that SpeedWorld is the best I've seen with the exception of Competition Hobbies in Tucson. I like the Wednesday night format, I have always been home before midnight and that's good enough for me. Saturday afternoons are hard for me to make, I would prefer Sundays. However, I have made most of Saturday races, I was going to go today, but I was out late last night and when I called SpeedWorld to see how many cars were there around noon Joey told me that nobody showed up. Bummer. Gino, maybe we can organize a group like you mentioned previously to help run the track on a Sunday or another week night and give Joey and Christian the night off. Maybe we could collect entries and run the races ourselves, give the staff a break and still provide a little income to keep the doors open.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 am

Curt has made some great points.

We are all working on something that will hopefully benefit everyone. We are currently working on an association where everyone is welcome and this will be used as a medium for current events, news, and other miscellaneous information. Myself, along with a few others, will be putting together a Facebook page where all of you will be a part of. This way you all can stay informed and hopefully it will build a solid group of RC enthusiasts that can grow this sport, or at least keep it alive. Stay tuned as I will be posting more on this soon. Hope to see everyone out this Wednesday night at SW!!
Back to top Go down
saltydog

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 pm

i had to be out of town for my daughters graduation and had to miss last weekend. going on vacation this next one. so out for 2. this time of year is going to create situations for some who have other commitments. will be pretty sad if joey gives up sw. no idea how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 pm

What the hell! I can hardly believe it, an awesome place like that and getting no support. Where did everyone go? For my part, if I wasn't busy trying to get CJ to the races every weekend I would be there all the time, unfortunately this takes up a lot of my extra time and money. It would be a travesty to not have Speed World around to go to especially with the plans to move to an even bigger building with a layout that would rival comp hobb...

Maybe Sunday would be better for people to go, and get a core group going again and build it from there. I remember Sunday afternoons at Bobby's was the place to be, plus I know the Santa Teresa Motorsport and Las Cruces people might be able to make it more often.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go away and wish that I could contribute much more than i have. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Guys a wish i lived in EP. The kids and I would kill for SW racing on a regular. One of the local racers over there were rude to some of our guys and they wont go back. That was awhile ago. I thought SW was poppin
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
todb

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

nmdesertracer wrote:
Guys a wish i lived in EP. The kids and I would kill for SW racing on a regular. One of the local racers over there were rude to some of our guys and they wont go back. That was awhile ago. I thought SW was poppin

If it was me that was rude to them, tell them to come back to SW to race as I am no longer there. Hopefully they will come back and enjoy the track and people they meet.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:54 pm

lol no tod it wasnt you. I dont know the guys name actually.
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am

You should really try and get the folks there with you to give SW another shot. If they enjoyed racing there other than the one person that caused them problems, they shouldn't allow one person to get in the way of their fun.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 am

I like Todd's idea, we can just blame him. hahahaha Chris, you said it bud; many people are doing other things during this time of year. It's hard to commit every week, but for nobody to show; that's weird. One day like this past Sat. can ruin an entire year in someone's mind. THink of it like this... If you owned SW and were already struggling to keep the doors open, with clientele declining, and a weekend with nobody - why would you move into a new building? Why would you even renew a current lease? Then you have the complainers on top of it all. Personally, not to be a Debbie downer, but how do you get it out of your mind? Joey would be signing a death certificate if he were to sign another lease with the way things are right now. I can't support SW with the 4 or 5 entries I race per week there, and I realize that comment is a little silly, but I just don't know how else to put it. I can't image EP without SW. I want my boy to race there eventually. I'll be there tonight - hopefully everyone comes out.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:59 am

I think it was me, sorry No pale
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 am

NMdesertracer,

I would hope that your buddies would not judge the whole place just on one person, we go to Alamogordo (tularosa actually) all the time to the track there and I had to deal with some jerk there. But, that's not gonna stop me from going because there are a lot of other good people there that we hang out with. Likewise, I think the good people at SW far outweigh that one person who was rude. Please tell them to give SW another chance I guarantee that Joey, Christian, Summer will make them feel welcome along with all the other racers. Team TQ might even buy them hot dogs from the vendor there, they're awesome! lol!

Cool
Back to top Go down
saltydog

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

whats going on tonight? todays tuesday right?
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Maybe Gino just really wants to get his spot.
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:49 pm

It is really sad to hear that this is happening to a great place for the EPRC community. I wish I could do more to support SW. Unfortunately the job comes first and I get home late since we have been out in the field for two months. Its now time to play catch up with admin work. I hope that SW will be there when I can start playing again
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 am

Ill try my best to get them back. Them Germans love to spend money Smile .. track attendance here has gotten smaller do to the heat. On a side note I can race 40 over class at tulie now maybe get me a trophie finally Very Happy . Motocross and Desert Racing I have never had a problem with anyone ever. Sure we have sandbaggers but as long as I do the 3-4 laps without a dirtnap im golden.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 am

I hope the Germans return as well as everyone else. I could be saying this without the proper authority, but I bet if you talk with Joey, he'd be willing to work out something for all of you out-of-towners. Maybe a special out of town racer rate, and a sectioned off area? Joey ALWAYS strives to accommodate everyone within his limits of course. Please let your buddies know that we're sorry to hear that someone has upset them. I'm not sure who it was, but I believe that the people on this forum are genuine when they say sorry. Although I'm having trouble believing it was Todd or Curt who may have said something, as these people are always so willing to help, and I observed them countless times trying to assist others. But the fact they these few are willing to take the blame openly is a testament to their character. So, lets get back to RC racing so we can start having fun. Can't wait for this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here are the facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here are the facts   Here are the facts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here are the facts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: El Paso Racing :: General Discussion-
Jump to: