Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) Empty
PostSubject: Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)   Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:36 pm

This coming weekend a group of us has made plans and arrangements to travel up to Tucson to race at CVRC. We're leaving this Friday at about 4pm. TQ racers along with myself would like to invite anyone who'd like to go. Unfortunately, the vehicle we're traveling in is full and there is no room to accommodate more. However, we would like to make sure we pass the invitation across to anyone who's willing to go.

As many of you already know, AZ is the hotbed for RC and is home to many fully sponsored drivers. CVRC is home to Casey Peck a Team Losi driver, and just one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. We've already notified Casey, and he's expecting us Sat night. You'll also meet several others and get to experience racing at a different level.

If anyone would like more info contact me if you have my phone number. I will check in periodically to answer questions if you do not have my number.

Check out: Canyon Vista RC online for race schedules at: http://www.canyonvistarc.com/
Back to top Go down
todb

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)   Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Have fun. its a good track with good dirt as well. Grid Irons were the tire of choice when I went. I had a blast with my nitro buggy and the locals did all my pit work for me during the twenty minute main. Pretty cool and there are some wicked fast drivers there as well.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)   Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 am

WAHZZUPPP TODD? Hope all is going well with your travels. You've probably traveled 15k miles in just a few days. lol. Anyhow, I believe you're correct on the tire choices for CVRC. I've been watching Casey's posts and he's been posting pics of his 1:8th scale nirto buggy before his heats and before his mains. I've been paying very close attention to his tire choice, spring rates, shock locations, etc. I've also been looking at his lap times, which are probably unattainable for me, but it should help in my decision on tire choice in the end. The pattern I've seen is that Casey starts off the night with a Gridiron II, and ends the day (main) on handle bars or something with a very small pin or bar. Also seems that soft is the compound to run, as the day temps are reaching 90's in AZ already.

On the other hand, I'm just ready to have fun and get away. It's always a great opportunity to pick the great minds of these racers who are on another level; actually many levels above me. THis trip is all about fun as well, we're going to be visiting Competition Hobbies and enjoy some good food I'm sure. The best part of it all is that we're traveling with friends, so you never really know what can happen.

I'm sure you would've come along had you still been in EP TX, but we're all wishing you safety, health, and prosperity, along with your life changes which have recently come your way. Anytime you'd like to come visit just let one of us know and we'll make sure you're taken care of. Good Luck and hope to hear about all your experiences soon!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... please don't forget to keep us informed on any racing you're doing. I'd actually like to hear about your last week racing in the US. If my mind serves me correctly I thing you raced last in IOWA or somewhere like that?? Let us know what the competition was like there, what cars they were running, what electrics were popular, any speed secrets you've learned - just keep us informed. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)   Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canyon Vista Raceway and Hobby (CVRC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Official Forum Sponsors :: Speed World Indoor RC Racing-
Jump to: