Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Read this and tell me what you think

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Read this and tell me what you think Empty
PostSubject: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:04 am

I've been thinking seriously about a topic lately, and have come up with a rough idea of a sanctioned race group. Just hear me out; I know there are always flaws, as there is no utopia, but read through this and please give me an honest opinion.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a self contained sanctioned race body. Here's my idea of how this would work.

Lets say we call this group EPRC. It's kinda like the ASCS Sprint car series. There would be a committee voted in that would consist of a treasurer, and announcer (Race Director), and a few others to determine rules, regulations, safety measures, and race schedules. There would be one weekly/ or biweekly meeting to conduct business matters.

The purpose of creating such a group would be to create a tenure racing community in El Paso. OUR group, consisting of EP Racers like you and me, would determine the type of racing, and locations. Eventually the goal of something like this would be to guarantee attendance rates by creating a consistent racing program that runs a certain set of rules and brings along a racing body that's educated, fun, competitive, and safe. Of course this would take a lot of work and cooperation from our local track owners.

In the end I image that a large group of racers would race each track every other weekend. One week Hal's the next week Speed World, and maybe even some traveling here and there. But this would also meant that, Just like the ASCS. WoO, or any other larger sactioned race association, each track would have to step aside and EPRC team members FULL control over directing the races, running score boards and administering discipline for hacking, etc.

Am I dreaming or is this a possiblility? Please tell me I'm either crazy but may be on to something here, or you can tell me where to stick my idea...lol

This is just the skeleton version of what I picture, but if this gains enough steam, we may want to consider our possibilities...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sjenoch

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:11 pm

i can digg it i see what you are talking about but i do forsee the track owners having problems letting outside groups run there track for a race, but if this could be done id be all for it
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm

I love the idea! I also think that we could actually do a double track race series if that happened. But thats my pipe dream... lol. In all I truly like the all idea.
Back to top Go down
58VeeDub

58VeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:04 pm

I think its a good idea but I think its gonna be hard to just take over a track and run it the way you want to. Im all for having a group of racers that would run together but dont we already have that? Now a travel group that would be cool. Not to kick you in the teeth but we only have 2 legit race tracks here locally so how is it gonna work? now if there were say 10 or even 5 tracks this would work awesome and I think the tracks would be more open to the idea due to the fact like you said a consistent attendance. But with only 2 tracks its not really that feasible. I like that you are thinking out of the box.

Just my .02

VeeDub
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 am

Everyone's opinions are appreciated! Thanks for your time and replies.

I've heard that Las Cruces is getting an off road track again. That gives us a few tracks, and if Bobby gets around to completing his that's 4 tracks in our area. I'l like to consider Albuquerque in our area as well; as they are roughly 3.5 hours away. Albu has two tracks Arcor and Full Throttle, and we could make a trip up there once in a while. If we form a group we could get better hotel rates, cheaper meals, and much more! It will be very difficult work, but who knows; it could work out.

I've already received approval from SW. I've discussed how this would work with Joey. Although nothing was written in stone yet, but basically our sanctioned body would rent SW for the event. We would supply our own Race Director, and a few staff to collect money, and organize the event. Basically Joey wouldn't have to be there at all. Anyone would be welcome to race with us - even those who may have felt, for whatever reasons, that they couldn't race there.

Hal's would work the same way, although I've yet to talk it over with the Hal's crew - I really don't see why they wouldn't let us try this a few times.

I do realize that this is a far stretch. Furthermore, I may not have the time to invest in this because I'm planning on returning to grad school starting this Fall. Anyhow
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Anything that helps grow the hobby in the area should be viewed in a positive light. I don't see how this could hurt at all. If nothing else maybe an orginization such as this could help bring some order to the classes. For example possible motor limits in sportsman, how many races someone can win in novice or sportsman before moving up, or how many times someone can race in expert and not finishing in top 5 before being moved down even. Lots of ideas that could go along with this to help increase the quality of driving, and overall health of the local racing sceen.

On another note there is talk that someone wants to open a track in Cruces again? Would be really interested in their plans on this since that's where Ricky and I are at. Do you know if the folks interested in doing this are connected with either Ricks performance or Las Cruces Motor Sports?

Anyway great idea, hope something can be done to get the hobby growing even faster than it is now.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm

I can try to find out - I'm not sure if that info is even supposed to be out, because even my source couldn't say much, but from what I've heard it's a pretty done deal.
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Hmmm interesting. Would be curious where they plan on putting it.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 am

Ok the info I received was information from several months ago apparently. So, if LAs Cruces is getting a track I wouldn't really know much about it, and my source says it was just something mentioned during a conversation between himself and another person.

Sorry for the misinformation...

NEW INFO ADDED!!! READ THE THREAD: LAS CRUCES RACE TRACK?
My info may not have been that far off!!!

Last edited by ginoford on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 am

Ahh got ya. Although it would be nice but hey atleast SW is only 30 minutes away.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 pm

NEW INFO ADDED!!! READ THE THREAD: LAS CRUCES RACE TRACK?
My info may not have been that far off!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read this and tell me what you think   Read this and tell me what you think I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read this and tell me what you think
Page 1 of 1