Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Tumbleweed Classic?

Go down 
+4
Speed world staff1
ginoford
todb
Str8Basher
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

Tumbleweed Classic? Empty
PostSubject: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Ok so I was talking to Todd today at work and I was talking to him about going to the Castus Classic next year. He told be about the Tumbleweed Classic and how it was closer and easier on the pocket. I Googled it and don't see and recent activity about it or when the next could possibly be. So my question to everyone here is.... Does anyone know anything about the Tumbleweed Classic? If so can you please let me know.

Thanks

Smitty
Back to top Go down
todb

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/649227-19th-arcor-tumbleweed-classic.html

This is last years race thread from rctech. I would imagine that this race will be held be the same people at or around the same time. Should be a good time and a race i wish i had attended.
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks todb
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:28 am

We should get a crew that's willing to go to this this year. I've been wanting to travel, and I'm thinking about Albuquerque in the near future. Who's down for March22-23rd? End of Spring Break? Lets go! WE can share a room or just drive back the same night.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

ginoford wrote:
We should get a crew that's willing to go to this this year. I've been wanting to travel, and I'm thinking about Albuquerque in the near future. Who's down for March22-23rd? End of Spring Break? Lets go! WE can share a room or just drive back the same night.

Call Scott Spear for information about this race . If you need a number for Scott hit me up I have it . I don't want to put his cell number here .
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: If you are gonna go.....   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Go to the southwest indoor Grand Prix at competition hobbies in Tucson. We had a group of about 20+ go from EP a couple of years ago, it was a blast. We also went to the tumbleweed that year, ch was much better and about the same distance.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am

Curt - good advice! I'll consider going to CH. I'm def going somewhere soon.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm

You should've made the Cactus Classis and found out how slow you really are!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

All I know is that before I have to spend another 7 weeks in the field (Apr 22nd) I would like to travel and check out some of the other tracks that I hear others talk about. Sometime around mid Apr. Just don't know which one to go to.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:52 pm

you can make it to the Albq. track in like 3 hours if you take the sandia exit and go up coors blvd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Cactus is insane!

The race in Tucson is about the same like Curt said. I went that year and there were like 27 heats(e or f main in 2wd SC at the time). It was an easy 16hr day. Total BLAST and its indoors. Tumbleweed is fun, but they typically sugar the track and its hard as concrete and VERY hard on cars. The track in Tucson is 1000% better on cars and tires. The only advantage to Tumbleweed is they have both 10th and 8th scale tracks(8th is not sugared). Its a lot of fun, but I would go to Tucson again before I'd go to Albuquerque. I think ELP folks filled the whole front wall of the track in Tucson! Lots of sponsored/pros at both races.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am

Great advice - It's looking more and more like Tucson very soon. We're currently trying to get a group together, so if you're interested let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tumbleweed Classic?   Tumbleweed Classic? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tumbleweed Classic?
Page 1 of 1