Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

what happen with the oval racing

Go down 
+6
ExcelMarketTX
ginoford
rangerjkb
Argyle43
bigwavedave33
racing junkie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
racing junkie

what happen with the oval racing  Empty
PostSubject: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:36 pm

were is the oval racing
just got my sprint car and no dirt oval racing
what happen x)
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm

just need to motivate everyone. We should try to run this week as a warm up to beat the heat! I won't make it as I'll be out of town, but we can still run this week! I might have my LM read to roll as well. Waiting on ESC/motor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Circle   what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Oval is ready and waiting, I'm not bringing my sprint this week, maybe next or the following
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Man....that stinks....just sold a new 1/8 Oval car cheap when I moved to MO last year, now heading back to a location that has some Oval racing. Nice vids posted on those buy the way!
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:13 pm

I can bring the 1/4 scale out! lololol
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 pm

lol Man that would be sweet to watch! Unfortunately bobby took the tubing to the new track and
there is nothing but grass there now. FORTUNATELY, Bobby will have oval racing at the new track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 pm

What's up Gino,

That's right, oval will be run at the new facility. Best part is that it's only a mile away from where the big boys play. (El Paso Speedway Park)

Hope you still have the 1/4 scale by the time we get it up and running!! We will definitely have the space for you to open her up.

See you soon.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:55 pm

If you want an oval track I can see what we can do...also we are concidering putting in an air strip...what do you fhink?
Back to top Go down
DesertDownsRaceway

DesertDownsRaceway

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Go big or go home! ... LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.desertdowns.net
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Cmon Roger you know you want to What a Face
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 am

Maybe you guys can build an onroad track too!! cheers

Competition is great, it makes the hobby better for everyone.

Nice thread jack by the way.

Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 pm

DEMOLITION DERBY
on the oval that has no tubing and get nikko cars with mini chain saws and all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Robert I think you hung out with the rcandme guys too long lol!

Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 am

LOL!!
forgot to ask Bobby for the name of his nascar racers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 pm

How did I jack the thread? Is this in regards to another track? Sorry...not intentional...The on-road track is a whole different thing. We have no asphalt or cement to run it on...That is expensive. If we do that it would be years before we could afford to put it together.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:24 am

That's cool, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. It's just basic forum etiquette, that's all. This thread was wondering what had happended to the RP oval track. I stated we had moved it to the new facility and you chimed in about building one at Desert Downs, which is great. I'm very excited about the future of El Paso's RC community. Maybe next time you can start your own thread about your new developments.

I appreaciate your enthusiasm for the hobby. I've been racing toy cars for more than 26 years and I don't think it has ever looked this promising for El Paso.

Best Regards

Bobby Yarbrough
Back to top Go down
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:44 pm

I apologize Bobby, we intend on promoting your track at ours. Didn't realize it was a RP thread. Next time I will be more careful. Will you be able to attend the meeting tonight?
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Can't make it today, but I'll be in the northeast on Saturday for a few minutes so I'll stop by then and introduce myself. Afterall, I'm no stranger to Desert Downs, it was the first track I raced on back in '82. Last time I raced there was about 4 years ago. Hurts too bad when you fall at my age. Mad

See you guys Saturday!!
Back to top Go down
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 am

Awesome...Roger will be there but I will not...Taking care of PR stuff for the BMX track...I would like to speak with you if you can call me...915-345-0406
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 am

Oval was huge back in the day...about 20+ years ago. Now it is primarily containied in the Midwest and southern California, where there are still quite a few racers. One of my sponsors "Murfdogg Motorworks" (Matt Murphy, www.murfdogg.com) is a huge fan and a yearly National winnner of the oval classes he races.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Maybe I will bring her out Bobby! That would be something, and it would surely be a new experience for me as I have never really opened it up on an oval yet. This is due to the lack of any appropriate tracks here. Most of the vids I've seen for 1/4 scale show the cars on pretty big tracks. Usually about twice the size as the one you had. Anyhow, can't wait to race at your new place. How's it going out there by the way? I havn't really heard much about it. When do you plan on getting it opened for testing and/or racing? I'd actually like to practice on it if that's possible. Anyhow, if you need anything let me know. I will do my very best to support you all. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what happen with the oval racing    what happen with the oval racing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what happen with the oval racing
Page 1 of 1