Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Need some help getting in to short course racing

Go down 
+2
Some87
rick19kilo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rick19kilo

Need some help getting in to short course racing Empty
PostSubject: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi my name is Richard. I just PCSed here from Germany. i want to get into racing but don't know were to start. i have a not very good brand SC and a lot of people don't know the brand. if there is anyone that could help me with finding a good set up for a newbie. my truck is 4wd but needs a lot of work. i just bought it but should have bought a name brand.
Please help me.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Are you looking for a new sc or are you trying to find what brand the one you have is? If your looking for a new sc a slash would be good to learn off of for someone new in 2wd or even a hpi blitz. If your looking for a 4x4 a slash 4x4 is good but I have also been hearing a lot of good things about the team associated prolite 4x4.
Back to top Go down
rick19kilo

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:37 pm

i bought it from hobytown usa in cali i know what brand it is but i think i want to go with something different. do you know if anyone is trying to get rid of a used slash or hpi?
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:49 pm

It doesn't seem like anyone is on this forum but you could always check the hobby shops. I know team Valadez for sure sells used rc's and you can also rent a full stock slash to race at speedworld from team Valadez to see if you like it too. You can also try Hal's hobby warehouse to see if they sell used rc's but I'm not too sure. Try giving both of them a call and see what they have in stock.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Rick,

If you don't have any plans this Saturday, come by the track at Speed World (0930-UTC) and I can square you away. Heck, bring your car and run our club race with it. admission fee is on me for your first time. You might end up being satisfied with it. Before you pull the trigger on any cars and zero out your LES, I can answer a lot of your questions and hopefully get you on azimuth. We are located on the west side of town by the Outlet Mall. Plug in 480 Talbot Ave, Canutillo TX 79835 into your GPS. Hit me with a PM and your cell if you prefer to communicate that way.

Hope to see ya Saturday. Just ask for Ron.

Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes it will be much easyer just to come to the track to talk to us about everything than just talking on the forum.
Back to top Go down
rick19kilo

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Thank you so much for your help. i will come out and see what its all about.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
cgallegos881

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm

SpeedWorld Staff 2 wrote:
Rick,

If you don't have any plans this Saturday, come by the track at Speed World (0930-UTC) and I can square you away. Heck, bring your car and run our club race with it. admission fee is on me for your first time. You might end up being satisfied with it. Before you pull the trigger on any cars and zero out your LES, I can answer a lot of your questions and hopefully get you on azimuth. We are located on the west side of town by the Outlet Mall. Plug in 480 Talbot Ave, Canutillo TX 79835 into your GPS. Hit me with a PM and your cell if you prefer to communicate that way.

Hope to see ya Saturday. Just ask for Ron.

Hey Ron I'm gonna try to make it next Wednesday now that I know admission is on you for the first time Laughing
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Come talk to me, I'm sure we can figure out something.
Back to top Go down
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Welcome to the El Paso RC community Rick. This place is surrounded with experience and friendly faces. Everyone here is willing to help out in one way or another. All you need to do is ask. Ron (Speed World #2) knows his stuff and can help you out.

See you around,

Smitty
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes welcome. Come on out, we'd love to have you race with us.
Back to top Go down
rick19kilo

PostSubject: thanks   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 am

thanks guys cant wait to start racing with all of you. you guys sound like you have a blast when you race. see you soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help getting in to short course racing   Need some help getting in to short course racing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help getting in to short course racing
Page 1 of 1