Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Some inspiring words...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Some inspiring words... Empty
PostSubject: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:58 pm

I just wanted to take the time to say a few things. I'm endlessly impressed with the weekly improvements made at SW. Every week, the SW crew listens to concerns and processes these concerns; ultimately improving their racing program. Last night the racing was off the hook!! Race times dropped and the track was set! During the week, before the WNQ, A roller was brought in and SW rolled the track, leaving the surface very smooth and clean. Due to the mineral oils in the clay - the track was a little greasy during the first heats, but soon the track literally blue grooved. Over 50% of the track literally started taking rubber. The cars were FAASST! There were many super blistering lap times set down by several people last night. Just want to say thank you to SW for always listening to what the racers want and following through on promises.

Now onto Hal's. I was unable to race this past weekend at Hal's due to my cousin's wedding. It seems like the track owners are really stepping up their game concerning track prep and maintenance. I heard that Hal's was producing some excellent racing and that the weather added to the moisture the track was able to maintain. I was saddened to miss this race; it seems that whenever the weather is perfect for Hal's - I have to miss. Everyone knows how fun Hal's is when the track takes on moisture. Traction went up and racing was very competitive. Thanks to Hal's for putting their hard work into their track. It really does show.

Racers this next section is aimed at us. Right now we have the very best of both worlds when it comes to off road RC! Our two tracks are very different; offering very dissimilar advantages and track conditions. If you're fast at Hal's it does not mean you'll be fast at SW and vise-versa. The problem I see, and I seem to notice this in music as well, there is often a lack of support at times. Now I know everyone has commitments like family, parties, illnesses, school, etc. But these tracks will not be here forever - keep supporting our tracks. This will guarantee their life expectancy. We don't have to like every rule or regulation, but this shouldn't stop us. I'm a school teacher and I see too many times where father's are trying to connect with their kids --- what better way to connect with your kids than to take them RC racing! Our RC community is made up of some of the greatest people I've ever met. We have ALL kinds of people enjoying themselves, sharing ideas, hanging out, laughing, cheering, and just enjoying life. You're all like my family, but more fun in many indescribable ways. We've made friends and lost friends over racing, but that's life. Life doesn't always have to be so darn serious all the time. Put a little fun and enjoyment in your lives and see how your relationships with the ones you share your passions with become more interesting. So soldier your motor tabs, charge your lipos, and come hang out with your RC community - it's always more fun when you're there!!

Upcoming Races:
Feb 2nd @ SW (Points Race!) Starts @ 1pm Doors open around 930ish
Feb. 9th @ Hal's (Points Race!) Starts at 11am gates open at 9ish

Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Gino, well said. Sincerely folks, Gino's words are VERY inspiring and very true. It takes you the racer to keep the doors open for Speed World. Your practice/race admission fee goes straight toward the rent, electricity, water, materials and maintenance of the track.

I will say this "Help SUPPORT BOTH TRACKS" as often as you can!

Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Nice Gino! I like both tracks. At hals being out in the sun really drains me for some reason. Where at SW I feel still fresh for the main event. And I feel safer having my youngest boy in the building at SW. Also Joey announcing during the races is really tops it off for me. Eric and the gang at Hals is super cool also dont get me wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 am

YA HEARD!!!! I'm stealing some of this Gino!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Steal all you'd like Dave!
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm

It's nearing 1 full month after my original text and I am proud to say that the sport of RC is thriving!! I see more and more new faces each time there's a race and we are having more fun than ever. So I want to officially thank everyone for making this sport as successful as it has become in the past few months. I would like everyone to keep some things in mind though. Try to support both tracks if at all possible - remember we NEED both tracks in order for this hobby to remain healthy. I know what some of you might be thinking, and yes I have had a hard time making it to Hal's lately. I did have my cousins wedding, then upon my return I caught this sinus funk that stuck with me for two weeks; and once those winds kicked up I just couldn't bare to be outside. I still have some upcoming gigs I'll have to honor, but I will be out as soon as I can...that's a promise. I just didn't want people thinking that I don't walk my talk if you know what I mean. So far I'm clear for the next Hal's points race and I will be there hoping to harvest points...mmmuuuaaahahahahahah. I'm going to attempt the impossible....running 6 classes!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Ray Smith...You want to be my pit crew chief?? I could really use you if you know what I mean...
So thanks again El Paso! Let's go racing. See you this Sat at SW. Get there early for a good spot. oh and don't forget to try those most flavor-filled, extra hearty, thick and juicy, alt- vanguard hot dogs from the Hot Dog cart sent from the GODS! Bring your hunger and thirst for excitement! ok I'm done now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some inspiring words...   Some inspiring words... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some inspiring words...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: El Paso Racing :: General Discussion-
Jump to: