Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
New racer help I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
New racer help I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
New racer help I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
New racer help I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
New racer help I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
New racer help I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
New racer help I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
New racer help I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
New racer help I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

New racer help

Go down 
+3
RTAMAYO86
RP Bandit
KillerB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerB

KillerB

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to get into racing for a while now. I'm currently overseas and won't be back until end of November so I have lots of time to get everything I need to start racing.

I pulled the trigger on a couple used SC10's from ebay. I'll list the stuff on the one and if you see anything you would think I need to change or something I need to get please let me know.

AE SC10 2WD
- XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system with XP S1903 metal gear steering servo
- XP SC700 Brushless Speed Control
- Reedy 3300 KV Brushless Motor
- Anodized aluminum V2 shocks
- Sealed gear diff
- KMC replica hex-drive wheels front and rear
- JConcepts racing compound rear tires and inserts
- Steel turnbuckles
- Vertical ball end roll-center adjustments front & rear

I've also purchased
- Spektrum DX3S with SR300 and SR3300T receivers
- A stainless steel screw set
- 3 LiPo batteries (Flightmax 5000 2s 20c)
- Charger

Would also like to know what I need for raceday. Tools wise. Table? Sunshade? Is it preferred that I have my own transponder? What one do I need to get to work with the systems used in El Paso?

I've gone to a few races and watched at Hal's Hobby shop and can't wait to get out there and mixing it up. Thanks for taking the time reading this and I look forward to joining this awesome community.

~Brad
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 am

Welcome to the Forum and El Paso,

Looks like you have a great platform to start with, only thing I would recommend is a nice ball diff and some titanium turnbuckles.

You do need to take a table, shade, cooler and all the tools necessary to assemble/disassemble your vehicle.

Personal transponders are always preferred. AMB or mylaps is the transponders we use in El Paso.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions that may come up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:59 am

Quick answer!

I have to add a +1 to that. You have a great truck right there.
The table is the most useful. and some tires with a good brush to clean them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 pm

+2 Also a camber gauge is great to have. You have no idea how much of a difference your camber will make Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
KillerB

KillerB

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 am

RP Bandit wrote:
Welcome to the Forum and El Paso,

Looks like you have a great platform to start with, only thing I would recommend is a nice ball diff and some titanium turnbuckles.

You do need to take a table, shade, cooler and all the tools necessary to assemble/disassemble your vehicle.

Personal transponders are always preferred. AMB or mylaps is the transponders we use in El Paso.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions that may come up.

Thank you for the help. I would have totally forgotten about a cooler. Looking into the ball diff and turn buckles. Should be able to find a deal on a transponder before I get back. Those things are darn expensive. I will start looking into the camber gauge thing today.

What tires are you guys using? I think the one truck has JConcepts subcultures. What kind of spare parts should I buy/bring?

Thanks for all the help so far. I know I'm a rookie but I want to at least be able to hold my own when I get out there.

~Brad

Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm

I was a rookie at track racing exactly a year ago.
You are the luckiest guy to get out with the El Paso RC community, I have had the best times with all of them. No drama just fun with everyone.
Friendly and always helpful.

I had an SC10 and it is a great truck to have, it is tough to break it so as long as every screw is in place it should be a race finisher. Will be a good contender to duel with.

For me, the tires of choice are aka enduros, jconcepts has discount on amainhobbies.com
and the goosebumps are great, the subcultures and proline crime fighters or calibers is what I have, when the high friction track is done, wishbones will be good.

Track changes a lot during the racing time because of the heat, water does not hold that much.
This is just the opinion of a 1 year amateur fan of RC, I am sure once you get here, the fast guys will get you better advice than me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
KillerB

KillerB

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am

I know I've been gone from the forum for a while but it's getting close for me to coming back. Somewhere around the second week of December. Can't wait to go try out the new indoor track on the westside. I have a buddy that hurt his back pretty bad over here and he is stuck in a wheelchair for a while. Hopefully he will be able to have a surgery to fix it but in the meantime I'm glad there is a wheelchair accessible driver's platform. He's gonna try out my other SC10. My goal is just to beat him every race lol. Take care all and will be joining you soon.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am

Hey KillerB,
You bet we have a wheelchair accessible area at Speed World and there is awesome viewing from that part of our drivers stand . Many of our non wheelchair racers race from that area when no wheelchairs are present .
Good to hear you are getting back into racing and have the drive to beat up on your buddy . Lol!!
Hope to see you guys soon !!
We race every Saturday and just started a Wednesday nite Short Course only race !
Thanks !!!
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am

KillerB - All the recommendations made here are great. Just get back and get out to the track. Talk to the racers, see what's working and what isn't. The only thing that stood out to me are your batteries. I think 20C is super low for a constant discharge - although I'm not familiar with the ESC you'll be running, but most ESC's usually like to have a least a 40C constant. I run 2WD SC, 4x4 SC, 8th scale buggy and 8th scale truggy; all electric. In my 2WD I'm using the Tekin RS pro and a 10.5T Redline brushless motor. I'm using a Racer's Edge 60C Lipo with my combo and I love it.

OUr local hobby shops have good deals on 2S batteries, so you won't have any trouble upgrading your batteries once you're here.

Speed World has an incredible driver's platform. It's super high, I'd say about 17-18 feet up and darn near 12-15 feet wide. The driver's stand runs the ENTIRE length of the building which has to be around 100+ feet long! The driver's stand is accessible via stairs and a well build ramp for wheel chairs. The wheel chair section is incredible; with a operable swinging door which allows drivers in chairs to sit as close up as possible; to aid vision.

Looking forward to racing with you.
Back to top Go down
KillerB

KillerB

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks for the input. Speed World sounds amazing and I liked on Facebook. From what I can see it won't be long before there are World Championship races being held there.

The battery situation is my most pressing matter right now followed by tires. The lipo batteries I have came with one of the trucks I bought off ebay in May. They will probably be junk by the time I get back. Since I have 3 vehicles I'm looking at getting about 4 batteries. Problem is that they are so damn expensive to get a decent battery. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can get the best bang for $40-50 per battery?
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 am

Promatchracing.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
KillerB

KillerB

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you RP. Thats exactly what I was looking for. cheers
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ gens aces batteries are good also if your on a budget.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
Sponsored content

New racer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racer help   New racer help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New racer help
Page 1 of 1