Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

What tire works at what track?

Go down 
+6
Slasher8
TQ59
RP Bandit
Icer.One
durtslinger35
ExcelMarketTX
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:33 am

The megagrid's are great tires, their only downfall's are that they wear super fast and you have to provide your own foams, I think they only come in pink compound (super soft) Sad but it won't stop me from buying them. tongue
Back to top Go down
Slasher8

Slasher8

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Hands down megagrids just got any set of them. Awsome tires!!! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Hector the guys are probably right. I should prob step it up and get some megagrids too. I'm running Calibers because that's what I had. I think Bobby M. was running the megagrids on his Associated.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Last Sunday I ran calibers all day it hooked up well but got sketchy in the corners I have son megagrids mounted up just haven't used them on my 4x4
Back to top Go down
Slasher8

Slasher8

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Once you try megagrids you will not run anything else again.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks for the confirmation bobby M. I had the same experience with the calibers. They hook great but will give if you push em too hard in the corners. From what i've heard the megagrids will flip your truck if you push
em too hard Shocked
Back to top Go down
Slasher8

Slasher8

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm

It is all in your foam set up that is the trick. And your be hooked up all the traction you will ever need.
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:45 am

Wow !! sounds like Megagrids r the ones !!!!! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:13 am

i used PL Calibers on sunday and HB megagrids and i think i like the calibers for my truck and driving style it might not be the right set up for the next person but for me the calibers worked better

just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Really? Shocked Man I was just about to buy some megagrids.... Andrew and Ray swear by em. I guess i'm going to have to try the two in separate heats for myself to determine which is better for me.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:34 am

Oh yeah! Tires are nice and sticky for race day Cool Going to try the subcultures out back in the heats. Most likely run the Calibers all around for the show. I know there is going to be quite a bit of pushing and
shoving in the 4x4 main so traction is key monkey What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 CaliberstuckWhat tire works at what track?  - Page 2 Subculturestuck
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:35 am

they look good
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Lugged up a set of MEGAGRIDS Sunday and must say, to quote TQ59,
"Megagrids r the ones !!!!!"

It didn't cross my mind for a second to make any changes in the show. I will say they do take a while to get used to though. Bobby's is going to sugar after the next two races. Wish I would of picked some up earlier... Most likely going to run the 2wd at Hal's till I can pick up another 4x4 SC or E-Truggy. Any 2wd Guys know what's hooking at Hal's Question
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:18 pm

At Raceparty (Bobby's) I used AKA SC City Blocks (soft/red foam) for SCT. These worked fantastic and provided great traction in loose and hard packed conditions.
At Hal's I used AKA Enduros (super soft/red foam/no stiffeners) for 1/8 Buggy. These worked great throughout, but occasionally let the rear of the car break loose.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Was looking at the City Blocks last night. They look like a low profile Megagrid. Jason how are the Cityblocks on the brake? I used Goosebumps out back in my 2wd and they seem to hook great on the gas but get a bit loose on the brake.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Only had a chance to use them on SCT and they were hooked at Bobby's. I used Super Soft and am going to Soft for the next time. I believe they'll be much better in this temperature & track conditions. I still need to try the Gridirons (similar to Proline Sniper's) and think they'll work also. I like the AKA tires alot, due to better tire wear.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for all the great info Ranger Cool Tire wear is encouraging because a lot of us ran Goosebumps on Saturday and tore them up pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 4:55 pm

I have to say this thread was somewhat short-course based. But now that I'm out of short-course (temporarily), I wanna see what opinions you guys have on stadium truck tires and buggy tires.

When I ran my Losi XXX-T MF2, I ran Losi A7505 up front and Proline Bowties out back. The truck was doing wheelies on the straight and turn on a dime!

Don't have a buggy yet...
Back to top Go down
KillerB

KillerB

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:32 am

Resurrecting an old thread. What tires are people using at Speed World? Question
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

KillerB wrote:
Resurrecting an old thread. What tires are people using at Speed World? Question

Killer - this is an interesting question because almost any tire you run will work at Speed World. For 4x4 SC it's Gridirons without doubt. Every racer from 1st place down to 3rd and 4th are using these tires. You will want to run a firm tire here. A super soft tire will generate ridiculous traction; almost too much (if there's such a thing), so I've found that a medium to firm works best overall.

Just recently I've started to experiment a little. I'm actually running Losi Taper Pins on my 8th scale buggy with success. I have also played around with Proline Tazers and Snipers on both my 2WD SC and 4x4 SC, and I like these tires as well.

It's crazy, but on the clay track every tire have different characteristics that are both good and bad. For example, on my 8th scale buggy I ran Losi Taper Pins and the forward bite and hard braking was unbelievable, yet going into a turn the car would loosen up just enough to practically drift on approach while entering a tight corner with speed. I never did spin out, and I was pushing the envelope each lap.

My final bit of advice is wait and see what the fast guys are using - that's you answer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tire works at what track?    What tire works at what track?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tire works at what track?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2