Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

I can rebuild it!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 pm

So, got my new Worminator axles today. Freaking awesome. Now the rebuild must commence. Was playing around with them and took the Axial axles off my DmG chassis and as I suspected, going to need new links, among many other items.

New transmission, new play to mount the transmission to, should be able to use the same shocks but they probably need a rebuild. Nows as good a time as any. Need to order some new screws and locknuts, and some pins to lock the wheelnuts to the axle. Apparently all but one fell out of the package the axles were shipped in. Super weak.

The 15th wont come soon enough! But at least now when my scale bodies get here, I have axles for one of them!
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Cant wait to see the "Worm" (yes I gave your rig a nickname) on the rocks. Let us know if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

I might go by Valdez Hobby and see about some help building the links. Need to buy a LCC transmission and hopefully the mounting plate will fit my Aluminati chassis, or Ill have to see about fabbing up one myself outta that cutting board material.

Might not get anything done with it until after the 15th. Gonna look up the cost of the LCC tranny here in a few. Its certainly gotta be cheaper than anything off RC4WD. lol.
Back to top Go down
BrokeAssCrawler

BrokeAssCrawler

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Is there a reason you need the LCC tranny? You axial will work fine? Links are easy to build . Get yourself the traxxas slash rod ends. If you go to pepboys for the rod ends you can also get the brake line. You can get the brake line in 3 foot pieces. Then all you need is 440 allthread from lowes or homedepot.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm

I could use the Axial transmission but Ill be geared **** low, and wont have any wheelspeed. lol. I might give it a try to have a roller, but it is what it is. Im going to assume that the LCC transmission is 1:1 or geared close to that. I know RC4WD recommends their 1:1 transmission for these axles. If I remember right the axles are 40:1 by themselves, though there are 25:1 replacement gears.

And I know what to get to make links. Its just a matter of going out, collecting the items and then sitting down and making everything fit.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Bought a cheap cutting board to try my hand at fabricating my own skidplate, bought brake line and allthread and some rod ends. A for effort, but its all the wrong items. So I have to try again lol. Progress is being made!

Also looked into buying some used T-rex 60 axles for my F-150 scaler and also that particular body is going to be in the mail and on its way to me as of tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Small update. Got the new axles on it, but its really just for show. The links are all wrong and bind, and the shocks are the wrong length. Its going to be a pain for me to figure that out, but I may take it to a shop near here and ask for some experienced local help deciding shock length and upper link length.

Not a huge deal as I still need to buy a RC4WD 1:1 tranny and transmission plate. THe pics are basically the same. Dunno what else to show. Setting up the 4-link is going to be a pain, I have the feeling.

I can rebuild it! Dsc00370zy.thI can rebuild it! Dsc00372as.th
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 am

Finally sat down and tinkered with the links and I can reuse my original links after all. Just had to move around the link points and the shock mount points. Still want to rebuild my shocks and change the exact droop set-up. See if I can fix my leaky shock issue.

Lots of ground clearance on these axles. And just for laughs, I hooked up the axles to my axial transmission because theres a state comp and after that a fun run. Would have been neat to have my crawler moving by then but as expected, no wheelspeed is an understatement. At full throttle, it crawls. Slowly. Very slowly.

The stance it has now is hella mean looking. Just gotta to take it out and see how it performs...

Just need a transmission, maybe new driveshafts, different tires and to take care of loose ends, loc-tite some screw, and such, and its ready. Pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Bought a transmission and new transmission mounting plate, so soon my comp crawler will be back in the game. No dig at all but its whatever. I can manage just fine without it.

Anyone want to buy an axial transmission complete with VP dig unit?
Back to top Go down
Krogoth

Krogoth

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Got my transmission and plate from RC4WD today. Got it installed but need a longer driveshaft and need to tinker with the baseplate some.

I already stripped one of the screws that mounts the plate to the chassis. Silly delrin. I figure i need to just drill it out and use a longer screw and a nut. It looks good and functions good...

So close to it being back in running shape! lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I can rebuild it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can rebuild it!   I can rebuild it! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can rebuild it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: El Paso Racing :: 1/10 Scale Crawlers/Scalers-
Jump to: