Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway

Go down 
+2
Icer.One
Argyle43
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Argyle43

Argyle43

Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway Empty
PostSubject: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 pm

This Sunday races start at 6 pm sharp, registration closes 5:30, late entries run 2nd qualifiers--gotta be on time so we can get done at reasonable hour. If you are gonna be late call in your entry or have a friend register you. Thanks and spread the word.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Dude 6 really that sux we'll be out there till like 10 or 11 and im sure some people have to work in the morning. But I guess it is what it is just sux so late
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:30 am

Sorry Bobby but were hitting 100 degree temps already and people don't wanna die of a heat stroke. We've done it every summer with great success and with Chris running the races and everyone cooperating we'll get out around 9:00

Plus look at it this way, you'll never be late again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah your right about the temps and me being late I'm just being a baby lol

I think if we can run and be done by 9 that would be awesome and you're right when Chris manages we're done in a timely manner. Sorry for my whining lol
Should've gave some thought before I posted and gave my 2 Cents
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: my observation   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Chris is doing a great job, the only weakness in the program I see is on our (drivers) end. Chris has the racers ready and on the stand checked in fast, but the marshals are usually slow to arrive. The first race that Chris managed, the time wasted waiting for marshals accounted for a little over 30 minutes by the end of the night. I suggested and tried using the Tucson method of using the tech table, but that is not going to work. I appreciate the races being run fast and over at a reasonable hour. That being said, if you want to get done on time, get out to marshal fast and encourage your friends to do the same. With a little effort by all drivers we can make Bobby's the best RC experience in town and lay a solid foundation for an even better experience at his new track out east. Wahooo can't wait for Sunday!!!
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:16 pm

First I never said Chris was doing a bad job as a matter of fact I posted that he and Megan do a fantastic job about getting everyone in and out and his commentary is actually really good. And Curt you are right about the marshals we, and I mean you too, need to go marshal in a timely manner. And I believe that the Tucson table would work if we just reminded each other of the policy. I have to admit I forget about the table as I'm sure a lot of racers do, its a new thing we all are not use to it give it time and it will work.

Just my 2 Cents
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm

I think Curt was just stating the obvious about Chris and not directing it towards anyone.

In regards to the tech table, it's not necessary for our local races. Even if drivers place their car on the tech table after the races some will still walk around and talk, go to the restroom or get distracted some other way.

The best thing we can do and I hate to do it is dock people laps if they aren't out there in a timely matter. This will cure people real quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
Honda22s

Honda22s

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm

6 is a little late to start racing alot of people do work early in the morning .....i think it would be a little more convienent to start at 5 sharp and close registration at 4 30 but thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: general statement   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks Bobby Y., you are correct , that post was not directed at Bobby M., just my observation. The last three weeks have been kick---, marshaling is the final tweak. I think you guys have been servicing the track faster than the marshals have been showing up for some races.
Back to top Go down
Icer.One

Icer.One

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I think that the races, except for last week but that's cuz we ran a lot of heats, ran smooth and in a timely manner even with late marshals. The races were done before a lot of us knew it and that was great. So even if we lolly gag a lil bit we still get done way faster. But I do agree some marshals are late to the game on a consistent basis but most are out there. Some might have broke and were engulfed in wrenching their rigs and don't realize that the race is over and their presents is needed on the track and might need to be called out but that's not the case every time. The new system is working just need to be tweeked a lil but not much you know what they say if its not broke don't fix it and I think its running a lot smoother now. let's get out there and have fun

sorry Curt for thinking you were talking at me my apologies

Bobby M
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Its all good, I got my 4x4 ready to go, wahoooo
Back to top Go down
Pin2Win

Pin2Win

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Got to talk my mom into letting me stay a little later on sunday nights, cross your fingers that way i can get to racing!
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Just have to announce the lap docking in the drivers meeting Smile It has been awesome to actually be able to run the mains!!! We have 3 kids in the program now so we should have plenty of marshalls!
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway   Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Hours at Raceparty.net Raceway
Page 1 of 1