Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

truggy & buggy

Go down 
+5
Corbynsdad
ExcelMarketTX
durtslinger35
Argyle43
outoforder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
outoforder

outoforder

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:54 am

How many 1/8 scale electric buggy truggy are there?
Count me down for 1 truggy
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Me-Truggy, Jeff-buggy, Bobby-buggy, Bobby M-buggy, Andrew-Truggy, Pablo-Buggy, Gino-Buggy, Efrain-Truggy or Buggy, Fast Eddie-truggy, Shane-Buggy, Wes-Buggy, Danny-buggy
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:12 pm

If we all showed up there would be enough to separate the classes.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm out for the next 20 or so Saturdays, Truggy for sale Losi 2.0 w/elec conversion
Back to top Go down
durtslinger35

durtslinger35

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:06 am

lil bobby m. has a buggy too
Back to top Go down
outoforder

outoforder

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Who is showing up Saturday
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Points Starts at Hal's this Saturday. Haven't been in a while due to work. Anyone else going out with an E-Truggy/Buggy?
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey Andre we had a good run for points! Hope you guys come out this Saturday Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Corbynsdad

Corbynsdad

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

bounce hey all , just when you thought it couldn't happen it did.
Corbyn has finally whipped his 4 year struggle and is ready to start racing again.
Thanks to everyone that has been there to help him and support him!!

He practiced at desert downs raceway this weekend and was able to stay out for a couple of hours each day.

I hope to see all of our old friends there and at Bobby's new track soon.

Again thanks for your prayers ,support and well wishes!!

Hector look out the kid is back and wants to kick your tail.. JK

Corbyn Showers Team Associated RC8.2e Ape Crazy
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

This is great to hear. I hope to be racing with you all soon
Back to top Go down
corbyns

corbyns

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

What motor and speed control is everyone running in their buggies?
Back to top Go down
Ivan The Terrible

Ivan The Terrible

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: esc/motor   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 am

I Think Tekin RX8 with 1900kv or 2200kv Motor and Mamba Monster Esc with 2200 kv Motor
oh and the Losi Xelorin.
Back to top Go down
corbyns

corbyns

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Oh ok. So far I love my RX8
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Corbyn: Most of us have been running the RX8 ESC with the Tekin 1900. I've personally talked with a few people including some tech guys from Tekin who've all said that no matter what they try they almost always end up going back to the 1900KV motor on just about every track they've run. I was running the Tekin 2250 for a while and it was waaayyyyy toooo much. After the 2250 I decided to make a change and try the stoc Losi Xcelorin 1700 with the Losi ESC and that's when everything came together for me. The 1700 was smoother and felt lighter on throttle. I've run my Tekin 1900 for about 3 full races now and I love it! Power is there when I need it; not too much and not too little. Here are my overall opinions: Hal's = 1900KV motor. Desert Downs = 1700kv motor. Bobby's track I'm still unsure, but it's looking more and more like a 2050KV maybe even a 1900KV.
This is only my second season running 8th scale as I was always a 10th scale guy - racing for Schumacher back off Hercules - the old Hal's hobby. I ran with the Minters, and ran the Chain Driven Schumacher Cat back then. I was 10 years old then. I've been in and out of the sport ever since. I think this round I'm here to stay. I plan on having my son race when he is old enough. I'll probably hang it up by then and support him 100%. Who knows, maybe my daughter will like the sport as well...
Back to top Go down
corbyns

corbyns

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks for the tips!! Very Happy I'm running the tekin RX8 1900kv and so far I love it. It's a little touchy on throttle but I liked it. Cant wait to run with you guys! Right now I'm trying to figure out what tire to run. So far I REALLY liked the proline Revolvers. The Jconcepts double dees were hooking up to. What are you running? (for desert downs)
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 am

Both of those tires you mentioned are great choices for Desert Downs. Especially for a dry track, which DD is most of the time. Just make sure the tires are M4 or soft-super soft compound; this seems to give the best traction. Soft will work as well especially in light moist conditions. Whenever DD is wet I will run Calibers or HB Megagrids/AKA City blocks. The Megagrids and AkA Cityblocks are virtually the same design by different companies. I have actually had the most success with the City Blocks. They seem to work well on any surface. I have been turning more and more to AKA. I really like their tire inserts, for they seem to fit nicely. Although AKA doesn't have a terribly large selection of tires, their tires just seem to excel. AKA has a tire that works well for each condition; nothing more, nothing less. Another brand I've tried and really like are the Hot Bodies (HB) tires made by HPI; more specifically the Megagrids. These Megagrids even work well in dry conditions somehow. Their super soft compound really seems to grab in any condition. I have found that if the track gets too dry and starts to come apart the Double D's stop working, at least this is true on my SC 4x4. The Double D's really work best for me when the track is just about to go dry - this is when I throw the Double D's on and they are sick!

This might help more:

For DD Dry to lightly moist hard packed with loose top sandy layer -

1st Choice is AKA Impacts in Super Soft to Soft Compound
2nd Choice is AKA Gridirons or Enduro Super Soft to Soft Compound
3rd Choice - Double D's in Soft as long as the track is just about to lose its moisture.

For DD Moist to wet conditions=

1st Choice AKA City Block/HB Megagrids or AKA IBeams or Proline Calibers in Medium Compound/Soft will work also.
2nd Choice - AKA Crossbrace in Medium.

If for whatever reason the track gets really damp with a thick top soil I will run something like a Step Pin in Medium Compound.

The method I've used to chose my tires are as follows:

Dry Conditions - Super Soft/M4 - sometimes soft compounds. Something with a stubby pin or bar, I try to chose something that will give me more rubber contact with the surface.

Moist almost dry to full moist - Double D's or anything above will work in SOFT

Super Moist to wet - I try to run Medium tires in these conditions in an effort to dig through the top layer to the hard packed bottom.

Full Wet - Same as above maybe even a hard tire if the top layer is really loose and loamy.

NOTE: If the track is full dry with a thick layer of loose dirt I will also select a medium tire with a deep pin or bar.

I'm sure this is not news to you, but if you've got a tire secret you'd like to share - please do!! lolol - I could have this all wrong

Tires to stay away from - Proline Recoil in M4 - this tire has never worked for me. Yet this tire would be great for someone who loved a slick feel. i slide all over the place with it and have almost zero steering through corners. These tires gives my car a greasy feeling.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am

I forgot to add: The Proline Caliber can be mounted in a way that gives more forward traction or if you'd like a looser feel you can mount them reversed. Just food for thought.
There are almost too many choices for tires nowadays.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 pm

I wrote a reply to this but I have no idea where it ended up. weird
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:17 pm

corbyns: 1900kv motor seems to work realy well at both tracks. As Gino, mentioned and speaking with Jim and Randy, the teams go to motor is the 1900kv. The latest V223 software, is very smooth through the rpm range and you can adjust (neutral band width, timing advance, open the RPM range, or current limiter) to ease on the power these motors posses. I liked the AKA Gridirons and Impacts (S) for the types of dirt in El Paso. If it grooves up and has less dust, Enduros also work fantastic. Wish you the best and hope this is also helpfull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

truggy & buggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: truggy & buggy   truggy & buggy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

truggy & buggy
Page 1 of 1