Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

New Staging Procedures at SW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

New Staging Procedures at SW Empty
PostSubject: New Staging Procedures at SW   New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

There are some staging changes that have been made at SW to better serve the racers and to make racing an even better experience for everyone. Last night, we decided to trial run a different staging system that seemed to work flawlessly. It was brought to our attention that when racers are racing, the next set of racers are up on the stand gawking, and talking; ultimately bothering the people driving at that moment. Well we're proud to announce that we've solved this problem 100%! Drivers are no longer permitted to go up the stairs, or wait behind drivers who are actively driving.

The new staging procedures are as follows:

1) Stage cars normally, just like we've done in the past.

2) This is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Once you've staged, go directly to the RAMP and wait. Drivers may go up the ramp and watch the active race from the ramp, but DO NOT get up on the drivers' stand until the race Director gives the signal. The race director will give the signal to enter the drivers' stand ONLY when every single person currently racing is leaving the drivers' stand.

3) Once your race has finished and you've entered up to backside of the staging ramp, leave down the stairs. Do not go down to get your car via the ramp; again exit the race stand by using the stairs.

4) Once you have gone down the stairs, grab your vehicle and exit through the registrations room. Do not grab your car and try to shimmy in reverse against others attempting to gain access to their cars.

5) Set your stuff down and go marshal immediately.

We tried this method last night and it was great! the clearing and populating of the drivers' stand was much more efficient. Great job everyone! Don't forget to get out and marshal as soon as you've finished. Tell your racing stories AFTER you've marshaled. I know it's difficult, but we need marshals to get out there quickly.

Thanks to everyone who's made RC a success in EL Paso!!
Back to top Go down
Billy McDonald

PostSubject: Re: New Staging Procedures at SW   New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 pm

We used this set up this past Saturday and you are right Gino it makes it much smoother, that is when everyone follows the rules. Who ever came up with it kuddos to you.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: New Staging Procedures at SW   New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm

sounds good gino! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: New Staging Procedures at SW   New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 am

Great to hear this!! We really need the feedback when we make changes like this, as it allows us to clearly see what works and what doesn't. The idea of using the ramp was brought up many moons ago, but this was when Corbyn was attending races and we just couldn't allow people running up and down the ramp. We will hopefully continue to use this system until Corbyn returns to RC and is feeling better, which we all hope is very soon.

Sorry I missed this past Saturday. My wife was in the Mighty Mujer Triathlon, and I was there to support her. I'm very very proud to announce that she secured 2nd place in her age group. So I took her out to lunch after her awesome performance, and would you believe that I came down with either food poisoning or a stomach bug, and boy, I was sick. I will not go into details here lolol. So that's why I missed Sat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Staging Procedures at SW   New Staging Procedures at SW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Staging Procedures at SW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Official Forum Sponsors :: Speed World Indoor RC Racing-
Jump to: