Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 Empty
PostSubject: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am

Just wanted to share my first run with you guys with my new 10th scale 4x4 buggy. I'd have to say that for the very first run with this car I was very much impressed. I ran about 12 laps total and got down into the 29 second lap times with this thing, and that's with the stock setting. I always like to run my cars with the stock recommended setting so that I can see the results of my set up changes. The car comes with small bore shocks and I was very skeptical of how these shocks would perform initially, but I was wrongfully surprised at how well these shocks actually worked. Although, I have placed an order for the big bore shock and spring set. Anyhow, I ran a 7.5T Tekin Gen 1 on a 20T pinion/98 Spur. I also ran a ProTek 100C Lipo Saddle pack linked to a Tekin As I put the car through its paces, I was immediately aware of how well the car was able to be corrected both in air and entering/exiting corners on and off power. There was a point where the car wanted to whip around quickly if you applied too much power too early while exiting corners; it kind of felt this my 2WD buggy at these times. The track was a little slick early on during the before race open practice, so this could've been a significant factor. The car came in temped at 164 which is high for my taste, and I believe this was due to heat cycling the motor mount which resulted in a gear mesh that was much too tight by the end of my 12 laps. Plus after the first run I added a few holes to the body, made a gear mesh adjustment and the car temped at 126 and was almost silent as I made a few last laps. Overall I felt right at home with this car, and I'm expecting some 28 second laps in the near future!

We are currently attempting to start a 10th scale 4x4 class at SW. The track is pretty well suited for these types of cars, and they are extremely fast on clay. There are tons of choices on the market when it comes to 10th scale 4x4 buggies. So look around, and stick to well known company names because parts could be an issue. If you're at all interested in jumping into one in the near future, hopefully this information helped you with your decision.
Back to top Go down
Speed world staff1

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm

ginoford wrote:
Just wanted to share my first run with you guys with my new 10th scale 4x4 buggy. I'd have to say that for the very first run with this car I was very much impressed. I ran about 12 laps total and got down into the 29 second lap times with this thing, and that's with the stock setting. I always like to run my cars with the stock recommended setting so that I can see the results of my set up changes. The car comes with small bore shocks and I was very skeptical of how these shocks would perform initially, but I was wrongfully surprised at how well these shocks actually worked. Although, I have placed an order for the big bore shock and spring set. Anyhow, I ran a 7.5T Tekin Gen 1 on a 20T pinion/98 Spur. I also ran a ProTek 100C Lipo Saddle pack linked to a Tekin As I put the car through its paces, I was immediately aware of how well the car was able to be corrected both in air and entering/exiting corners on and off power. There was a point where the car wanted to whip around quickly if you applied too much power too early while exiting corners; it kind of felt this my 2WD buggy at these times. The track was a little slick early on during the before race open practice, so this could've been a significant factor. The car came in temped at 164 which is high for my taste, and I believe this was due to heat cycling the motor mount which resulted in a gear mesh that was much too tight by the end of my 12 laps. Plus after the first run I added a few holes to the body, made a gear mesh adjustment and the car temped at 126 and was almost silent as I made a few last laps. Overall I felt right at home with this car, and I'm expecting some 28 second laps in the near future!

We are currently attempting to start a 10th scale 4x4 class at SW. The track is pretty well suited for these types of cars, and they are extremely fast on clay. There are tons of choices on the market when it comes to 10th scale 4x4 buggies. So look around, and stick to well known company names because parts could be an issue. If you're at all interested in jumping into one in the near future, hopefully this information helped you with your decision.
Your at be a teacher .. J/K nice !!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Sweet Gino! unfortunately I dont think were gonna make it this weekend budget is to tight do to Vegas. Last time I was at SW it was $80 to race for everyone plus gas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 pm

BUMMER!!!! We're all excited to race this class, and without you all there it'll be only about three of us...shoot. Mad
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry again Gino. On a plus side another guy here got a 4x4 buggy that brings us up to like 5-6.. Well be back soon stinks ep is 80 miles away.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:53 pm

nice to see 4x4 buggy is coming back in ELP! I just got a message from a buddy that has 2 up for sale after cactus:

2 Race old B44.2
Kyosho ZX5 FS2 SP

Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 am

I raced the Schumacher Cat this weekend at SW and I TQ'ed and took home 1st in the main. THe buggy was planted and quick; very quick. I was able to turn a few 27 second lap times. It's running at the same speed as my 4x4 SC with a higher capacity motor! Hahahaha pretty cool. Overall, my favorite class is 4x4 1:10 scale buggy. Can't wait to race with everyone else. Hope this class grows.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 am

Im gonna make it out real soon. Planning on running my two favorite classes, 2wd and 4wd buggy. Hope these classes are stacked.

On a side note. I have a factory team b44 with an rs pro I'll trade for a vxl rustler, Stampede or slash. Has to be 2wd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 pm

when is sw racing again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1   Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maiden Voyage of the Schumacher Cat K1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Official Forum Sponsors :: Speed World Indoor RC Racing-
Jump to: