Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13

Go down 
+2
ginoford
AirborneHoosier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 Empty
PostSubject: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 am

FINAL RESULTS WNQ 1-23-13

Here are your Podium Winners for the WNQ Race at Speed World R/C Raceway for 1-23-13! Seriously some great racing!

Some racers I'd like to mention: Jesse James Parkey taking 1st PLACE in 2WD NOVICE!!!!! WAY TO GO LIL BUDDY! This race came right down to the wire as you can see from the times on the race sheet! Jerrad Warhurst taking 1st in 2WD SPORTSMAN, Jerr-Bear has only been wheeling a R/C car for about a month or two, I'd call him a "natural"! 2WD EXPERT Gino takes first, this class is incredible to watch, these guys trade off each week, anyones race really. Chris Smith and Jeseh Rivera were only half a lap down from Curt Barnett, very close race. Our 4wd NOVICE class were ALL, I believe, 1st timer's racing at Speed World, Jeff Rago took the 1st Place spot, Thorben "Diver" Tauch finished only 8 seconds off of Jeff. And very honorable mentions go to Aaron Quijano and Roman Valenzuela for their efforts. Always great to see guys come in to the hobby and enjoy racing! 4WD SPORTSMAN......4WD SPORTSMAN.....This race was OFF the chain! Mike Chiudioni takes the 1st Place Podium lapping the field. Adam Saenz, son of Efren Saenz FINALLY blew the dust off his R/C gear and came out to race at Speed World. "Team Saenz" have been racing in El Paso way back in the days of "Chucks Track" and it was great to see Adam get back in and have an IMPRESSIVE 2nd Place finish! Jason Smith Congrats on making the Podium, I'm glad you are dialing in your car and putting down consistent time now that we figured out the IPOD glitch! Jaime and Justin, keep your heads up we'll see you guys on the podium real soon, sincerely this class is gonna produce some great racers! Ok, for RACE 6, 4WD EXPERT.....SERIOUSLY, THIS RACE WAS INCREDIBLE TOO! Not to take away from the SPORTSMAN class, but this race was also OFF THE FREAKIN CHAIN! HECTOR is Sincerely the BEST driver I have EVER met. If you get the chance watch this guy! Hector takes 1st. The PART that really made this race so EXCITING was 2nd, 3rd and 4th places were separated by less than 1/4 of a lap, 13.2 secons between those 3 cars! But, here is what I'd like to point out. I have nothing against LOSI. I might kid around with Hector and Gino, Jeseh. But Andrew Leyva takes 2nd in this race with a car other than LOSI. My point is, the Car counts for a lot, BUT, a drivers skill counts for a lot too. There is certainly nothing wrong with Loyalty and pride in a Brand of a Car. It keeps the competition fun and of course the SMACK TALK fun too! So, keep that in mind. You can find your way to the Podium guys if you have the skills. Gino, tough break on the last lap of the Main...sorry Bro!

One thing I'd like to mention for everyones clarity. I was asked to adjust the race order before round 1 and move a race to the end for a racer to have some extra time to fix his car. When the second round came around it kinda messed everyone up when Chris and I ran the second round and it went back to default and the race order back to the way it is normally. The way we have it setup is 2WD NOVICE, SPORTSMAN, EXPERT, 4WD NOVICE, SPORTSMAN, EXPERT. Looking back, I think it hurt more than it helped so we will try to avoid this in the future. I believe we have enough Racers that could have helped someone out if they are pressed for time to make his/her race. Guys and Gals, don't be afraid to ask for help, I cannot name one single person that would not help if asked that races at Speed World, which is pretty awesome!

Christian Showers, thanks for your dedication and patience on learning RCScoringPro!!! Takes a load off my mind knowing you got my back!

GREAT RACIN, GOOD FRIENDS, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL BACK AGAIN REAL SOON!!

Sincerely,

Ron

FINAL RESULTS

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 Finalresults1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 Finalresults2

RACE 1 2WD SHORT COURSE NOVICE

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 2WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_01_2WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_01_2WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_01_2WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE_A-Main1

RACE 2 2WD SHORT COURSE SPORTSMAN

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 2WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN2

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_06_2WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_02_2WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_02_2WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN_A-Main1

RACE 3 2WD SHORT COURSE EXPERT

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 2WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT3

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 2WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_02_2WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_03_2WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_03_2WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT_A-Main1

RACE 4 4WD SHORT COURSE NOVICE

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 4WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_03_4WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_04_4WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_04_4WDSHORTCOURSENOVICE_A-Main1

RACE 5 4WD SHORT COURSE SPORTSMAN

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 4WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN2

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 4WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_04_4WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_05_4WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_05_4WDSHORTCOURSESPORTSMAN_A-Main1

RACE 6 4WD SHORT COURSE EXPERT

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 4WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 4WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT2

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R1_Race_05_4WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R2_Race_06_4WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT1

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 R3_Race_06_4WDSHORTCOURSEEXPERT_A-Main1
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Very well said Ron. I agree with most everything you've said. This was definitely an interesting night, especially for me. The car I usually don't do as well with I take home a 1st. Hector was really making a run on me in 2WD, but I was able to keep my composure and race my race. In 4x4, well this was another story. On the first or second lap; no sure who's fault it was, I was caught up in a mess with Curt and a group of other racers. Although Curt stated that it wasn't my fault, I felt that it was, so I waited. As Curt regained his position I was slammed by another car and forced under a pipe as wes left there for an easy 10 seconds. I'm not saying this was a cornering problem, it was just bad timing I guess. This allowed Hector and Adrew to gain an impossible lead on the rest of the field. I really over-drove my car trying to make up as much time as possible. I was able to go from 6th to 3rd with about two minutes to go. I could feel myself catching second more and more, but there was just not enough time. On the last lap I was caught up in some lapped traffic and found myself doomed...lolol. Getting caught up in that last lap mess gave Curt 3rd and I limped home to a 4th.

Sometimes we cant control what happens out there on the track. I thought it was a great gesture on Justin W's part to come up an apologize for something when I feel he had done nothing wrong. We ALL make marshaling mistakes, I tried to miss the wreckage, but just couldn't and that's the way the cookie crumbled. YOu win some/ you lose some, but I refuse to blame a marshal. Great job marshals! You're doing just fine.

On another note, Ron is correct. You can have the best equipment, but if you cannot drive you're doomed. Hector Muela is definitely the most tenured drived El Paso has. He has the most experience and knowledge base that's incredible. I'm glad to race with such a great racer and friend. I can say that we have our work cut out for us though...there are some drivers starting to make their presence known...you know who you all are. Racing is better than it's EVER been in EL PASO and it's super competitive! Lets keep racing and enjoying ourselves and keep growing as a community and as a sport. ...and remember...there's always next time...

See you all next Wed night - better bring your A games cuz G to the I to the N to the OHHHH in bringing his!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaahah

Peace out from TQ Racers!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Gino, you are a class act, SINCERELY. You are the Podium 1st place winner in this in my book.

-Ron
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Agreed, BUT...and "marshalling" is now a verb   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Last night, before the mains started I mentioned a problem to Joey I've noticed over the last few races with the marshalling. Before I get into the details, let me say that the marshalling at SW is the BEST I've seen at all the local tracks I have competed at. However, like my driving and model select skills, there is always room for improvement. The problem is, the marshalls react with cat like agility and speed for the most part but, they do not look before they leap. I saw several times last night where a racer crashed, and a marshall with nothing but good will in his heart, flung himself onto the track at great risk of ankle injury and possibly getting his dinner mashed, to rescue the stranded competitor without looking for on coming traffic which ended up with most of the track blocked and innocent racers collected. The standard in RC racing is to give the right of way to on coming cars that are not wrecked. So ideally if I'm on my lid and you are going to marshall me, FIRST you look and make sure the coast is clear THEN flip me over. If you can't get to me before the coming car/s just yell "HEADS UP" and allow the on coming cars to pass, then right me and any cars I've collected. So my point is, just like your Momma and Papa been yelling for years..LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE YOU RUN INTO THE STREET! Wink

PS Buy a transponder from me if you don't have one
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Curt has a valid point. Always remember that your safety is first. Jumping in front of oncoming traffic may make the racer happy, but can create an even larger issue. As mentioned before, the marshals were doing their absolute best out there; I really think that the marshals don't realize just how fast we can "get there." Out of that wall turn off the back right side, I'm pretty much hammer down until i reach the transition on the bottom of that jump, and I realized that the marshal didn't expect me to get there that quickly. Lolol It was a great race overall and I'm satisfied with it. Sometimes you just get into crap, and it was my turn.

I love the competition between the makes and models. Losi vs. AE is epic. Just as Ford vs. Chevy. Furthermore, I'd like to add to the smack talking and drop the guantlet. I'd like to see an AE place on the podium 3 weeks in a row....CAN IT BE DONE IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION???

AHHH...C'mon bro,,,,, lol
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Curt, I agree 110%. Please do us a favor and mention this during the Drivers Meeting before each race. We will reiterate this important topic and we'll all be better for it in the end. Thanks!

-Ron

Gino, Andrew is there! Maybe someday I can race......just sayin Bro!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:38 pm

On the corner marshalling thing. Theres a guy there that tries to yell at the other marshals while hes marshaling and is real rude. Hes like a wonder woman marshal. He was rude to my friend there and if it happens again im gonna get in this guys face. He ran to the back of the track yelling at a marshal leaving his spot just when a sc truck flipped right where he was supposed to be. I had to yell at the rude marshal to get back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 am

If you yell anything make sure you yell DON'T HACK ME BRO!! or AHH...C'Mon BRO!! this ALWAYS works. lololololol

I think I have an idea of who you're talking about...that damn sasquatch!!
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 am

Ron - yes Leyva was doing very well. I actually saw him tonight and congratulated him on a well deserved 2nd place. He ran a great race.

second.... Look closely at the lap times in the last race. Look at the two 40 second lap times I had. If my avg lap times were in the 30's you can see it took practically 10 seconds for the marshals to handle my situations each time. that's a total of 20 seconds. If I had not had those 40 second laps, Muela and me would've had an interesting race. But geez Hector ran those 28's back to back...that's awesome!!! Another mistake I made was tire selection for my main. I had been running rebars all night and I went back to the Gridirons and they really loosened up the rear of the car. I couldn't drive hard into and out of the turns like I was able to in the heats. I can say this --- It was freaking awesome being the chaser.
Back to top Go down
58VeeDub

58VeeDub

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

I don't see why everyone is discussing this marshall didn't do this that marshall did that. I always say that marshalls are there when you mess up not the other way around. If you "the driver " wouldn't crash then you wouldn't need marshalled. Now I know drivers crash into other drivers and that's unfortunate but it does happen but its not the marshall's fault they are there to help and they are not always perfect. Just don't crash and you won't need to be marshalled!

With that said the races were very exciting on Wednesday night definitely worth the price of admission!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13   "WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"WNQ" Wednesdat Nite QuickieRACE RESULTS FOR 1-23-13
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Official Forum Sponsors :: Speed World Indoor RC Racing-
Jump to: