Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Track ideas and suggestions

Go down 
+11
CGood
RP Bandit
SpeedWorld Staff 2
nmdesertracer
AirborneHoosier
Argyle43
cjchaparr82
jcracker
saltydog
Jperkins1021
Some87
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Some87

Some87

Track ideas and suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm

This is for anybody to post ideas or suggestions for the track they may have.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Speed world staff1 wrote:
After reading the posts and considering all sides of possibilities I want to bring an idea to all to speak up about.
As you know Speed World has been racing every Saturday and this seems to be part of the conflict between racers.
I have to have so many races per month in order to pay the bills here. With that in mind and after reading Bobby's post , let me say this and hopefully help from my end to grow the r/c community .
I propose that we switch our Saturday race day to a open practice day and change the race-day to Sunday afternoon . This would open Saturdays and stop all conflicts with Hals schedule .
My question for all is
1) is this good day and
2) what time should we start and
3) do we need a big screen on cable to watch Football or other sports???

Please chime In with your responses .

Lets grow this Hobby and by All means get the newbies involved !!
New blood is always needed and always welcome at any track or hobby shop! We appreciate and welcome newbies and will always take the time to help or answer any questions that you have . Most of our racers are willing to lend a helping hand when time allows ! As usual there is always a grump or two when your in a crowd ! If you are to shy to ask a fellow racer then be sure you ask any of our Staff who are all racers and are very capable of helping you out.

I think Sundays will work good for me. As for starting times the same time or even a little earlier like 11 will work good.
Back to top Go down
Jperkins1021

Jperkins1021

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

I second the Sunday racing. Start time between 11 and 1 is good. This would give me the chance to run at least 2 times a month, instead of the 1 time I'm at now lol.
Back to top Go down
saltydog

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Race sundays week of hals. Saturdays when they are off
Back to top Go down
jcracker

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Yal , changing the days is inconsistent. How ya suppose to get ya some newcomer if your never open the same day. Works just fine now. I wrecken callin in sick some days.
Back to top Go down
cjchaparr82

cjchaparr82

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 am

Cant understand what the last guy even said, but i agree with salty dog. Sunday when HALS is on and saturday every other time, gives everyone a chance to do both. 2 Cents
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: alternate   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am

I like the Sat-Sun idea too. Lets get a short points series going between the two tracks for the new year, I'll sponsor the trophies for one class.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I don know if anybody else is into watching the pros race but I would like to watch the IFMAR 1/8 race next month at the track. I'll see how much live rc charges for a membership for the race if we can watch it there.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:55 pm

never mind thats going on all this week and and saturday only. wont be able to make it over to the track because im moveing into a new place.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 am

Guys I have one thing I NEED to say. Please keep anger issues under control when racing we don't need any cars going off the track and hitting any people watching the race. If you have a problem with someone leave it off the track and deal with it with the person not there car.
Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 am

Some87 wrote:
Guys I have one thing I NEED to say. Please keep anger issues under control when racing we don't need any cars going off the track and hitting any people watching the race. If you have a problem with someone leave it off the track and deal with it with the person not there car.

This is CERTAINLY being addressed. The behavior that was displayed today by certain people will CANNOT and WILL NOT be tolerated at SPEEDWORLD. It is in the best interest of SPEEDWORLD, racers, spectators, kids, family members, etc... that we run a friendly track. We have tried this from the beginning and WILL NOT quit trying to keep the track as friendly as possible. Failure in this is not an option. We will continue to strive for this UNCONDITIONALLY. I PROMISE you all that much.

-Ron
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:19 am

keep the races on saturdays my son just switched his days off at work to saturdays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:49 am

I know we all have bad days and everyone deserve forgiveness and a 2nd chance I just to like to see us all have a good time because that's what we are all out there for. For the person I pulled off the car I'm sorry but I just didn't want to see anybody get hurt. Please don't see what I did to make you more mad it was just so nothing else would get caught in the problem. I am sorry for pulling your car off the track.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

sounds like something went bad at the last race.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

Location : SpeedWorld R/C Raceway @ 480 Talbot Avenue, Canutillo, Texas 79835

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Well, here's some optimism from that. Always try to find some good out of some thing bad. I am writing with Joey and a few others proofing/editing approval, the first (and certainly not the last) official Speed World R/C Raceway Rule Book v1.0...available soon.......
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

SpeedWorld Staff 2 wrote:
Well, here's some optimism from that. Always try to find some good out of some thing bad. I am writing with Joey and a few others proofing/editing approval, the first (and certainly not the last) official Speed World R/C Raceway Rule Book v1.0...available soon.......

One rule that MUST be in there is if you flip over and someone is comeing over to your car do NOT give any throttle input. I hate putting my hands near tires that are spinning at 40 MPH. this is a big thing for some nitro people because they think revving the engine will keep the car running but you just go through the nitro in your lines faster. A good idea is put on a extra long fuel line on your car and zip tie it into a loop.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Already got that one down...lol

Good thinking though.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm

It's a shame people can't play nice with their little toy cars. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I just think it is a mixture of a racers competitive spirit and not having the rules clearly defined. Nobody likes losing, but some people have different limits on how far they will go for a win. Now that we have a standard set of rules, those limits can be have boundries.

I will be posting the Official Speed World R/c Raceway Racing Rule Book here shortly. I am wating on a few peoples proofreading skills and inputs.

Ron
Back to top Go down
CGood

CGood

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 pm

1/2 a penny worth of noise...

#2) When the 12 and under class is corner marshaling, please dont yell at them if they dont flip your car over in 2 seconds. Remember they are getting used to the cars and some are still alittle hesatant to reach for a car when the wheels are still spinning. Thats why Joey makes sure there is some older marshals when the younger rcers are out there. Plus, remember they did not make you wreck.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm

I have made sure I have always stuck by roars rules when ever racing because they have some great rules. Everyone just has to remember we club level not expert with payed marshals. We only do this for fun.
Back to top Go down
SpeedWorld Staff 2

SpeedWorld Staff 2

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Definitely some great comments guys. We have been listening and are concerned with these issues. I have gone through the entire ROAR rule book and have taken a lot of their rules and also came up with some adjustments for our race programs growth and success. We have gotten to this point a bit faster that Joey and I have predicted. We are going to release these rules hopefully tonight. I have Gino reviewing them and making sure it all makes sense. Again, we will most definitely enforce these rules the best we can, it also takes racers to help by following the rules and when they are broken to be a good sport and understand it is NEVER personal. We have to do what is fair if we ever want to improve and ALWAYS keep it fun. Just like anything else in life, it takes everyones input and efforts to make it successful.

Look for these rules on our FACEBOOK page and I will put them on a new "SPEED WORLD RULE BOOK" thread. Hopefully tonight!

Sincerely,

Ron
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

hay guys i have a small compressor i can donate to the track if you guys can get the hose and sprayer for it. would be nice to have a compressor that everyone can use to clean off there cars after racing.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

I can round up the hose and nozzle
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Great I'm sure lots of people will be happy about this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track ideas and suggestions   Track ideas and suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track ideas and suggestions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Official Forum Sponsors :: Speed World Indoor RC Racing-
Jump to: