Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

need buggy help!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shaneaforce

shaneaforce

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:54 pm

just trying to get into racing. when i hit a jump my tail end pops too high. was woundering if anybody wants to give me some lessons. and give some advice. i have a ofna ultra lx2
Back to top Go down
corbyns

corbyns

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Try staying in the throttle a little bit longer while your in the air. That should get your nose up.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 am

As Corbyn stated; keeping your finger on the throttle usually keeps your front end up. Braking will throw the front down normally. The type of jump and landing will determine how you approach, leave, and land a jump. Always take into consideration what's after the jump. Overall, without getting too complicated; more throttle input usually results in higher front end when jumping.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Theres many different solution to you problem. Ride height,shock fluid,Springs,etc. What are you jumping a jump at the track some jump out in the desert? If your at next hals race ill be more then happy to see what the buggy is doing. My rc8be is pretty much natural in the air. Wasnt like that when I got it. I was running the factory AE springs and the buggy wanted to kick up in the back. Then I copied a Factory team members setups with Kyosho Blue springs and the problem went away. I had to re-adjust the ride height rear up more 2mm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
shaneaforce

shaneaforce

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 pm

nmdesertracer wrote:
Theres many different solution to you problem. Ride height,shock fluid,Springs,etc. What are you jumping a jump at the track some jump out in the desert? If your at next hals race ill be more then happy to see what the buggy is doing. My rc8be is pretty much natural in the air. Wasnt like that when I got it. I was running the factory AE springs and the buggy wanted to kick up in the back. Then I copied a Factory team members setups with Kyosho Blue springs and the problem went away. I had to re-adjust the ride height rear up more 2mm.

the jumps at hal's. im going out of town for a couple of weeks. will be back the 29th. All the shocks are stock on my buggy. im trying to learn all ride height stuff but need advice. thanks for all the advice
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Here is is good start. What Robert said is spot on, but I'm looking at this from the position of someone who doesn't know where to start. Concerning ride height, start with your A-Arms level. Make sure your vehicle is in a ready to run state (i.e. battery is in, body on, etc) By doing this, you will ensure that your settings are reflective of what the car will weigh on the track in race form. To achieve proper ride height, begin by adjusting your shock collars. Try the car out after every adjustment. This way you'll know what change had the most effective outcome. If you change too many things then you've no way to know what change made the improvement or negatively effected your set up. I also recommend referring to your owner's manual. Located usually at the back of your owner's manual, you'll find set up sheets. These are great baseline starting points for set up. My experience with these set ups have been positive.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 am

Good points Gino! One thing I forgot to say is make sure your suspension arms are not binding on the hinge pins. With your shocks off the suspension your arms should flop up and down. A few races in with my RC8BE my car started to handle and jump like crap. When I did a complete tear down I found my suspension arms to be stuck with the lower hinge pins. I bought a set of suspension cleaner tool that cleans out the holes. At Hals if they water my rear hinge pin block will get mud packed in it. A smooth free flowing suspension will do wonders at the track.
Back to top Go down
DesertRacer56

DesertRacer56

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:46 am

nmdesertracer wrote:
I was running the factory AE springs and the buggy wanted to kick up in the back. Then I copied a Factory team members setups with Kyosho Blue springs and the problem went away. I had to re-adjust the ride height rear up more 2mm.

I have the Factory AE springs on mine and its fly's through the air like a dream. I don't really think i would notice a difference with the kyosho blue springs. The only thing im having trouble with is that the pinion gear keeps coming off even though i checked it before the heats and main. Then the front and rear drive shafts never want to stay on.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am

Thats why I beat you last race. The blue springs were a game changer.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need buggy help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need buggy help!!!   need buggy help!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need buggy help!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Events :: Local Races-
Jump to: