Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Hal's next off road race

Go down 
+10
Str8Basher
cgallegos881
shaneaforce
RP Bandit
TQ59
RTAMAYO86
AirborneHoosier
rangerjkb
nmdesertracer
ginoford
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Hal's next off road race Empty
PostSubject: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:09 am

I just received an email from Eric, the race director at Hal's. Eric said that the race on 5-12-12 will be cancelled because the dirt for the new track will have to be placed on top of the old off road track. Hal's is expecting to host their first race on the new track on 5-26-12. On this date I have a big gig in Silver City NM at a Blues Convention. I will not be in town for the first race on the new track. Caleb and Robert I hope you all are there to capture some video and post it here ASAP!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:19 pm

We will do some videos for sure. Stinks you cant make it Gino always look forward to racing with you. Hope the new track is sweet. Probably gonna wear out tires faster if its high traction clay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Can't wait to check out the footage of all the competition in 4WD SC class!!!
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm

I know, I'm so perturbed over it too. lolol. I enjoy racing this class very much, and I hope to see tons of video footage on the first race at the new track...hint...hint! lol. I have purchased like $700.00 worth of tires and rims for all my cars, as this was a crippling dilemma for my 8th scale buggy. I think I have just about every tire there is now; ok not every tire, but you get the idea. Anyhow, looking forward to racing with all of you soon.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:05 am

ginoford wrote:
I have purchased like $700.00 worth of tires and rims for all my cars, as this was a crippling dilemma for my 8th scale buggy.
I vote you the test tire Ginny pig! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

For sure,
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Gotta second that motion...thanks Gino.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:47 pm

When you get a chance, you can check out the progress of Hal's new track build on thier Facebook page, search "Hal's Hobby R/C Raceway". It's both SCT and 1/8 freindly layout that Casey Peck, has put together....very nice!
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:09 am

tracks looks sweet! Wish they would take out that green light.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm

LOL! You may not even notice it with the new layout, you will be having too much fun driving the track!!!!
Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:30 pm

track looks cool
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:50 am

You guys are in for a real treat. The new track layout is awesome! This track has a little bit of everything: Off camber turns, large jumps in the form of a double to triple. Large rolling hills and strategically placed singles. The straight is enormous and literally goes from the south rock wall to the north chain-linked fence where you'll find a banked high speed turn. What I like best about this track is that it's a finesse track. Throttle control is going to play the biggest part in racing this track. There's a few sections where you can run wide open and carry momentum, but for the most part, jump timing is essential. I believe the new layout would be worth the drive if you life within the area. I wouldn't be disappointed if I drove several hours and ended up at this track. I was able to put a few laps on the track with a Losi TEN-SCTE (not mine) and I was hooked on the new design from the first lap. I probably wrecked three times on the first lap. Getting the timing down on these jumps is huge. I can't say this enough. Great job guys: Jason Burks, Westley Carroll, Jonathan Marshall, Casey Peck for the overall track design and lessons, and the few others who helped.

I also would like to send a special thanks out to Hal's Hobby: Carlos, Charles and the gang out at Hal's were more than willing to keep an open mind on suggestions offered by us, the racers! It's great to see a hobby store that's supportive of it's racers, and a store that's interested in growing the sport we all love and enjoy. So, a great big thanks goes out to Hal's for their enduring commitment to us and this sport.

I won't be here this weekend, but I hope everyone has a tremendous time , as I know you all will!! GOod luck - Team TQ racers will be after the points series top spots!! I had to throw in a little trash talking to make it fun...lolol.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Sweet! cant wait to race. Do you think the track is gonna be hard on parts and are we gonna water the track or just sweep off the track?
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:46 am

I hope the track receives enough water myself. I don't like a track with puddles, but I do like the moisture for traction; especially in the 2WD class. They've packed the track with a small manned steam roller that also vibrated to pack down the dirt. I'm guessing that they've repacked it since and I know for sure that they had a large water truck come and soak the track so that everything settles. When I did the test run laps, the track was exactly the same as it was before, no difference that I saw concerning the type of dirt, so I wouldn't change too much regarding tires and set up.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:30 pm

so they didnt use clay or anything?
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Is hals racing this weekend?
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm

I think so, but I am not 100% sure.

So anybody else, who is sure there will be something at Hal's this Saturday?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Yup.... Racing this Saturday Night... !!! is confirmed....Gates open at 3:00 to give you
Plenty of time to find your New Set up...See ya there
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Arrow Yes Hal's is racing this weekend. This is 100% confirmed and it will be a club race, not a points race. Hal's wanted to give everyone an opportunity to run the new track and dial in your cars. The new points series will begin June 9th. Make plans now to make the June 9th points series' first race as Casey Peck will be here to race with us. If you've never seen a pro driver race, boy are you in for a real treat. Casey is an extremely smooth and experienced driver. It's awesome watching what he is capable of doing with these RC cars; twisting in the air off jumps etc. He will most likely be racing his 4x4 SCTE and possibly his 8th scale buggy. IT's going to be a blast, and having him here will also give some of you an opportunity to pick the mind of a professional; I did so myself when we were working on the track. Anyhow, I won't be here this weekend, but I'm excited to hear all about this weekend's racing, so good luck to everyone. Take pictures and videos please and post them here...

Thanks and Good luck to Team TQ Racers!!!!!

Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:56 pm

We wont be there this weekend either! Gotta work on saturday.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:24 am

Wow. I was counting on you guys to record the action. Well maybe someone else will record. So will you be there for the 9th of June? Sources say that everyone has entered the SC 4x4 class. I've heard that many of the gas guys have entered into the class. Hector, Rica and some others have purchased cars. Anyhow, this class should be super competitive this year. I'm really looking forward to racing with everyone again.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Caleb might be there with John. Im gonna try and get off early. Im not really pumped up about the track. I thought it was gonna be clay track but its just regular hals dirt from the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:59 pm

nmdesertracer wrote:
Caleb might be there with John. Im gonna try and get off early. Im not really pumped up about the track. I thought it was gonna be clay track but its just regular hals dirt from the looks of it.

Rob, don't be dissappointed in the track surface, I think you are gonna be pleasantly surprised on how good it does.

After building many tracks and using different surfaces over the years I've come to realize that a mixture of clay, sand and dirt is the best way to go.

100% clay tracks are very difficult to work with, not very forgiving and tends to chunk up and crack.

We were even gonna go so far as to send some samples to a lab to get the right mixture of clay, sand and dirt, but that was before Pablo had to move back to Houston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Cool! Well looks like kissing the asst. managers azz payed off. I get out of work at 1pm. Just a lesson to you young kids out there sometimes kissing your managers azz pays off. Gonna run the goodies. I got a led light kit for the sc10 4x4 debating if I should put it in. Think it would be kinda cool for the night races.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Were gonna record both sc mains check my youtube channel few days after the race. Calebs running 2wd and me 4wd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hal's next off road race   Hal's next off road race I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hal's next off road race
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next