Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

where are u guys that were coming to desert downs

Go down 
+2
nmdesertracer
jason.wible
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jason.wible

jason.wible

where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  Empty
PostSubject: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 pm

heard there was a rumor going around that they are not racing well it is not true they are racing the same weekend that hals is running onroad next race will be 2weeks from today hope to see u guys come out and support on april 14 there will be a huge crowed there to watch and a few notices were sent to a few pros because the large race that was going to happen in new mexico was cancelled so that weekend opened up for some of the pros so please come out and support the more people show the sooner brian will have the go ahead to build the larger track on the back lot if u guys want el paso to be put on the rc map and get pros out here more often and have larger races so i ask everyone to support all your local its just to help the hobby for us hope to see more people out there next race
Back to top Go down
jason.wible

jason.wible

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 pm

please post comments,gripes, complaints or any input i speak to brian pretty often so i will bring it to his att. what they are and if u dont state the problem ya cant fix it and he will be starting at 1030 sharp

Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

The A town boys will probably hit up the track once hals points series is over. Are the faces of the jumps fixed or can we fix them smooth them out?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
jason.wible

jason.wible

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 pm

the jump faces are fine u have to hit them with the right timing and nothing is perfect its a new track u will need time to get use to it we are putting down 28 sec lap times
u can clear the back jump fine and double triple the back jumps and it is a tough course and after the 14th hes changing the track again so bobbys track should start up for the month he should be down to rebuild its going to be bigger with some bigger jumps and more technical areas

Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm

I can say that I personally heard the rumor and the person who I heard it from is like a life long friend of mine; and he had heard it from someone else. We were told that DD wasn't hosting a race on March 24th. I personally called Brian myself and he said that they are ALWAYS having races there. I would be there on April 14th, but this is the final Ha;s points race, so I will be at Hal's, but after that I will be found at both tracks as often as I possibly can.

I must also add that I went to Desert Downs this past weekend to test a new ESC and motor set up for my Losi 8ight. I took my wife's Traxxas 4x4 Ultimate in 100% stock out of the box set up except for the Proline shocks and ran a 20C Racer's Edge $49.00 battery. I literally walked the track and tested every jump; I tested every angle of every jump, and they seem to be alright. I think Jason W was on to something when he said it's a timing issue. I was even clearing and landing that big back double with that 4x4, and actually I couldn't believe I was clearing it, but it was smooth every time. I can tell you that if you approach most of these jumps inaccurately it can spell disaster. The on little jump that you take going south bound; it's like a little quick double...this one seemed to be the hardest of all to get right. One time I'd land it perfectly, and the next I was doing rear over front cart-wheels and I couldn't understand this. I had to walk off the driver's stand and I ran that jump about 60 times and tried every trick I know. The key to this jump (with the Traxxas I had) was to approach it slowly and right at the transition; hammer the throttle. If I did this, 9 out of 10 times I'd jump perfectly. The problems would begin if I wasn't lined up exactly straight or if I was carrying too much speed into the jump.

Comparatively, the Losi or Associated should take these jumps even easier, as that Traxxas was much less forgiving.

Anyhow here are my thought concerning Desert Downs. An enormous thanks goes out to Brian O for all his hard work and dedication. The track has tons of potential, and with time it WILL only get better as more of us run it. I would like to see less time between races and as of this past weekend, it seems that most of the bugs has been worked out of the timing system. It was a tremendous downer to sit there at the start line waiting for the race to begin the few last times I was there. I would like to see more people involved as well. The people are out there, so hopefully they'll come check it out. One last thing...announce the races and be clear with the start times and start right at that time. Thanks for everything and thanks for giving us another track!! Looking forward to the 8th scale jumbo track. See you all at Hal's March 31st.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm

We need to all agree on a date to race at DD. After the hals points series is over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Ill be out there this weekend testing out my truggy. Just got the esc back from castle so ill be playing with that.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:16 pm

DD is running opposite weekends than Hal's. The only exception to this is the April 14th extravaganza at DD where they're hosting a really big race, etc. In other words, when Hal's is running on road, DD will be running off road. Saturday is still the day they're running, and If you contact Brian he is usually more than happy to open the gates for just about anyone anytime. I realize for some people every weekend is rough, but I do plan on getting equally involved with DD as I am with Hal's.
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah I though it was pretty clear that Desert Downs was running opposite Saturdays. Smitty do you think you'll be racing next Saturday? My e-truggy is just about ready and if Efren shows up with his we'll have a class Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
Str8Basher

Str8Basher

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Ill be there for sure! CANT WAIT!!!
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

TEAM JALE CHICANO is attending Desert Downs this Saturday April 7th if some others show interest on attending.

Featuring:
1/8 Nitro Buggy
1/8 E-Buggy
1/10 4x4 SC Truck (2)
1/10 2WD SC Truck ...missing ESC but may be getting one by Saturday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
jason.wible

jason.wible

PostSubject: wont be there this sat have to work    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

sorry guys wont make it out have 24hour duty sat this suck please everybody still come out
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I should be there running these classes:

1) SC 4x4
2) 4x4 ten scale buggy
3) 4x4 8th scale electric buggy
4) 2x4 SC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where are u guys that were coming to desert downs    where are u guys that were coming to desert downs  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where are u guys that were coming to desert downs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Events :: Local Races-
Jump to: