Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Hal's races 3-17-12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Hal's races 3-17-12 Empty
PostSubject: Hal's races 3-17-12   Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Even though it was gusty at times, I had a blast racing this weekend. I'd like to personally thank "FAST" Eddie Martinez. Eddie is always super competitive and is the type of racer this sport could use more of. Thanks for your understanding this weekend. All too often people would've thrown a tantrum over the type of situation he was in, but Eddie kept his composure and that speaks tons of his character. The 4x4 SC family is trying to maintain an equal and competitive group of racers. To back up this idea, the SC classes are the largest of all, with on average, and entry field of over 20 cars. If we were to start allowing crazy modifications, and non-SC vehicles into this class; it is my personal belief that we'd lose a lot of people in this field. Additionally, in an effort to keep this field growing, the SC RC community has created some basic rules. These rules are in place to grow the class and keep the competition as equal as possible, so that it becomes a driver's win and less of a win due to a certain vehicle advantage. Therefore, vehicles that are Short Course specific are only allowed to enter these classes. I'd also like to restate that these rules have been put in place by the racers and the rules are created by a majority vote.

A special thanks also goes out to Eric Lucero for staying as neutral as possible, and maintaining a professional attitude at all times. Thanks Eric for your endearing commitment to the racers and to the sport. Note: Eric has entered a new class...I can't wait to race with you in 9th scale Ebuggies!!!! I am saddened to lose Jeff in this class and possibly Will Bennett too, but Eric will make a fine replacement. 8th scale Ebuggy in yet another growing group with around 10 entries, but moreover; thanks again Eddie and Eric for supporting the majority, and I ALWAYS look forward to racing with the Martinez family every time we race.

On another note, the track was super fun with new challenges and nice smooth jumps. My hat goes off to the people who gave their time to repair the problem areas while creating new unexpected surprises. It truly made the track and racing much more interesting. Although the track went terribly dry, I'm kind of getting accustomed to drifting through corners; nothing is more awesome than hanging the rear out while powering through a turn and nailing your exit!

Lastly, Team TQ Racers will be out soon with our BBQ grill, so start looking forward to that. Team Chuco Honkies has been retired since Hoops is moving to AZ. Jese and I, along with the other team TQ racers were planning to cook this weekend, but we weren't sure what the weather was going to do. Plus with the wind blowing as it was at times, we didn't want to serve sand hot dogs lolololol. Looking forward to 3-31-12 - maybe I'll have a little something for Jason this round in the 8th scale buggy class. I'm still searching for the big W in this class, but I will settle for second. Be safe everyone and we'll see you all at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Hal's races 3-17-12   Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

If possible, can someone list the web page where I can find the 2012 Short Course rules? I've checked www.Roarracing.com, but I found only the 2010 rules for this class. Are these 2010 rules still applicable now? This would seem strange as there have been many new vehicles released since 2010.
Back to top Go down
Losialltheway1

Losialltheway1

PostSubject: Re: Hal's races 3-17-12   Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:20 pm

It sure was a blast out there this past weekend! It was the funnest time Ive had since I got back into this. We will definitely have to do the BBQ thing next time.(If the weather cooperates) Besides my spur gear melting into pieces, I can't wait till the next race and really open it up and tear that track apart! Ive also learned a ton from being out there with you Gino. Thanks, a lot!! Just can't wait to really compete with you once I get used to driving and setting up my cars. My 2x4 is pretty much there. Just like I flew by everyone starting in seventh place and coming out of the first turn in first!! That is until someone took me out! I can't remember who it was, but if you're reading this and you know it was you, then watch out!!! Im coming for you!! HAHAHAHA!! It was a blast!! Thanks to all the racers that made it out this past weekend. Hope to see all of you in a couple of weeks! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hal's races 3-17-12   Hal's races 3-17-12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hal's races 3-17-12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Events :: Local Races-
Jump to: