Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ginoford

ginoford

Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. Empty
PostSubject: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Saturday at the Downs was pretty neat although I did not get to stay the entire time due to a gig I had to play up at Caballo Lake. The weather was really nice, and It was really neat to see so many gas 8th scales buggies out there. We really enjoyed all the people from Mexico who came over and really put on some great racing. I think there was a total of about 10 or 11 gas buggies. I was even more excited about a buddy of mine, Glen Fuller who used to race pretty seriously back in the day, show up with his gas associated buggy. Hopefully he had fun and he decides to get back into it.

As for the track conditions; it went very dry at times with a silty top layer that would test any driver's abilities. This was because the track officials were having computer issues, so watering was the last thing on people's minds. Yet despite the new track woes and the ultra dry conditions, I must say that the track was smooth and kept it's composure. I was able to effectively slide in and out of corners which half way through my heats I was actually enjoying drifting the car through the apex of the turns. Another nice advantage was that there weren't any places where there were potholes or grooves in the turns. The entire surface stayed intact and very quick when moisture was applied. So A+++ to the guys over there keeping the track together. The jumps could use some TLC, as they can be less forgiving and predictable at times, but overall a very fun track. As the weather continues to warm I hope to see more people out there. I'd say overall we had about 25-30 racers, and more were showing up as I was leaving. Good times would've been better if we can get the normal group out there to race as often as possible.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Nice rundown Gino, thanks for positng. If you get a chance try AKA Gridirons or Impacts (or something similar), they work very well on that track with the conditions you mentioned. Big plus, is your vehicle will come off relatively clean after a race.
Back to top Go down
Desert Downs Raceway pro

Desert Downs Raceway pro

PostSubject: Re: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:02 am

I'm proud to say that toward the end of the day we got the bugs out of the computer and I FINALLY got the hang of it...Had to sort out some transponder issues...Got it down I think...lol...Thanks for coming Gino...see you in a couple weeks...
Back to top Go down
ginoford

ginoford

PostSubject: Re: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

Jason,

You're right! The week at Hal's that you were out of town I tried a new set of Megagrids by HB (HPI tire) on my SC 4x4, and wow they were phenom!! I have since ordered a full set for the 8th scale buggy. We'll see if they work as well on the buggy or not. I've also ordered a full set of ceramic revolutions for both my 4x4 sc and my 8th scale buggy. I'm trying everything to catch you in that class. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Catching me isn't hard. You'll realy like Avid RC products and the price is hard to beat for that quality. I believe all the classes are heating up for some great competition and look forward to this weekends upcoming race with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.   Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert Downs Sat. Feb 25th.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Events :: Local Races-
Jump to: