Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

CORNER MARSHALING!!!

Go down 
+7
Argyle43
Honda22s
shortysantana915
ExcelMarketTX
Some87
chevyrunnin
TQ59
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TQ59

TQ59

CORNER MARSHALING!!! Empty
PostSubject: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Docking laps from racers that dont Marshal seems like a good idea but, its not always effective.... A racer that finishes last on his Heat or is having a Bad Day because of whatever reason, will walk away angry and fustrated and can care less if you dock him a Lap or even two...or all laps for that Matter. it really doesnt matter to him... The only way to really penalize a racer is to Not Marshall for him or her during his Heat... Its very Crude and not advisable but , i can assure you 100% effectiveness....He may not Attend racing anymore but, its ok.... he was never there to Help marshall anyways right ??? This is in no way directed to any of our local Drivers just throwing in my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
chevyrunnin

chevyrunnin

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I agree!!! Or if they still refuse, then just disqualify them from the remainder of the races keeping their registration fee.
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:14 pm

D: bad news for me i cant marshal at all for 3 months. the doctor said i cant do any running or ANYTHING till i go see him again Sad
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Dude no way?! Well just try not to crash and stay a lap ahead of the field Very Happy

So not marshaling someone is pretty harsh but I can see how it would be affective. What about a race official? Someone that can watch the racing and make sure everyone is playing by the rules and all the marshals are spread out evenly and not trying to get each others numbers. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://ChooseExcel.com
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:38 pm

hey bro il marshall for u when im out there
Back to top Go down
Honda22s

Honda22s

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:47 pm

TQ59 wrote:
Docking laps from racers that dont Marshal seems like a good idea but, its not always effective.... A racer that finishes last on his Heat or is having a Bad Day because of whatever reason, will walk away angry and fustrated and can care less if you dock him a Lap or even two...or all laps for that Matter. it really doesnt matter to him... The only way to really penalize a racer is to Not Marshall for him or her during his Heat... Its very Crude and not advisable but , i can assure you 100% effectiveness....He may not Attend racing anymore but, its ok.... he was never there to Help marshall anyways right ??? This is in no way directed to any of our local Drivers just throwing in my 2 cents...
Thats a good idea. But instead of not marshaling there vehicle how bout just delete there races for everytime they dont marshal......gives someone else a better chance to make it to the a main just my opinion
Back to top Go down
TQ59

TQ59

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Shorty Santana your the Man...!!!!! Thats team work baby !!!!
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:05 pm

u all always treat me good so i wana help u out as much as i can
Back to top Go down
Some87

Some87

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 pm

sad thing is i wont be out there for a while till i can get a esc and motor. trying to sell off some stuff on rctech but still dont think it would be enough for what im looking at.
Back to top Go down
Argyle43

Argyle43

PostSubject: yep   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:20 pm

+1 TQ59
Back to top Go down
alexortega2003

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

the thing is to really apply the sanctions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:27 pm

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

copy paste this link below take out the space between the w ww
w ww.roarracing.com

My 2cents...

A race Director, who knows how to run and keep the Flow of the race going a "quarterback" of the track makes or breaks a fun day/night of racing FOR EVERYONE. The ROAR rule book is right there. Yes we are "club racing" and it should be fun and competitive. But if it doesn't have rules that are enforced the quality of racing and fun reaches a limit. I think that that limit has been reached at Hal's track for a long time.

If you ever watch LIVERC.com and you watch and listen to how those race directors run that race you can see who is in charge and how smooth a race is. I believe until we get closer to ROAR the "trading paint" "hacking" "anger" "no fun" will only get worse. I am just being honest here guys, not trying to tick anyone off.

What do we do to make it better? Well I have a bunch of "2cents" on that one, but to start with the "corner marshaling".....that is only one of the many off-spring that have spawned of how the track has been ran. There are many more things that need improvement. It's all in the book.
Back to top Go down
nmdesertracer

nmdesertracer

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm

My 2.5 cents! I feel that the guys running the show at hals should not have to call people out to marshal. Maybe after like the second offense for a guy not marshaling ban them for one race and go from there. Its frustrating not having someone at every spot on the track but that just makes you a better driver around those areas. My oldest boy or me subsitutes for my younger son if its a nitro class. I dont want him out there its to dangerous for him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NMdesertracer?feature=mhw4
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Wow no one else is going to chime on this. I know we are all perfect corner marshals in our own little worlds lol Truly I have to say with the turnout and within their personalities and temperaments, The race directors at Hal's do I great job. In regards to marshaling I'd rather not comment too much. I'll just say what Bobby always says. Marshal the way you want to be marshaled. When I used to run 4x4 no one would go out to marshal. Then I would tell all the buggies guys I we wouldn't marshal them if they didn't help us. We got every spot of the track covered real quick. Just think how important your race is to you, and then put yourself in the shoes of the guys running the next heat or main.
Back to top Go down
rangerjkb

rangerjkb

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I like the ROAR rules for marshaling, but as TQ59 stated, this may not have any effect on a racer who is not doing so well. We as racers or RC Hobbiest should continue to remember it's a hobby. We all have our ups and downs, regardless we as racers should always do the right thing to keep our hobby moving in the right direction. I believe ROAR and IFMAR rules are made to benifit all participants within this hobby and should be enforced by a race director to benifit the majority. A race director also reserves the right to make a fair penalty decision based off of continued performance or action by a racer. A hesitation to follow through with enforcing rules or the administration of penalties will continue to be our dilemma until action is taken.
Back to top Go down
AirborneHoosier

AirborneHoosier

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 pm

A "stop and go" gives the Race Director TONS of power. If a person chooses not to Marshall and has no reason (pitting for someone, age is too young, has the squirts, etc) then they should not race. "Volunteer Marshall's" can be on stand by. If a racer checks in with Eric and let's him know a valid reason why they cannot Marshall, these Volunteer Marshals can be ready. Announcing the next race and keeping people informed of next race, next Marshall's is helpful. We used to have Orange cones with numbers representing Marshall positions. Those are critical for the race director to fill the spots. Some are harder to Marshall, and the people who are best for each spot can be determined more efficiently. Most of all, during the DRIVERS MEETING BEFORE the races, (SPEAK YOUR PIECE AND GET IT OUT THEN AND THERE) Marshalling needs to be discussed. Even a little Marshall training can educate some of the folks to get better. Nitro can burn and injure. Marshall rules and techniques from some of you veterans can only make the kids better. My 200 cents....
Back to top Go down
ExcelMarketTX
Admin
ExcelMarketTX

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm

+ 1 on the drivers meeting! We often times forget that we have new people and the regulars can always use a refresh of the general rules and outline. Have they been having drivers meeting at Hal's? I go to church Saturdays and show up later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CORNER MARSHALING!!!   CORNER MARSHALING!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CORNER MARSHALING!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Events :: Local Races-
Jump to: