Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is here for RC Racers and bashers in El Paso, TX

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» like us on Facebook
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm by RP Bandit

» Race Party Race Schedule
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm by RP Bandit

» Methanol in El Paso
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am by MikeT

» Hal's Tale of Two Cities race May 31st
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm by ginoford

» Cheaper, Better Fuel
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 pm by RP Bandit

» Hal's Points Series begins THIS WEEKEND
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am by ginoford

» Raceparty.net is Live again!
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 pm by RP Bandit

» WTB a 13.5 motor
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm by Argyle43

» Now We Are Getting Somewhere!
Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am by RP Bandit

Photobucket
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Photobucket
Most Viewed Topics
Welcome to ElPasoRC.com/Forum Rules
S.W.R.R.C. Club meeting for 2012 Comp Season
Desert Downs Raceway
RACING AT RACEPARTY
Slash 4x4/SC 4x4
Speed World September Schedule
BIGWAVE's perpetual for sale post
sc10 4x4 newbie
Attention On Road Racers !!!!!!
new Krag track update

Recomendations for a motor and esc ??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? Empty
PostSubject: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Im lookin for a motor to put in my sc10 2wd/. wat motor and esc would u guys use ??
Back to top Go down
RP Bandit
RP Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Tekin rs with Novac Ballistic 13.5. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.raceparty.net
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:28 pm

gracias bobby ur always a help
Back to top Go down
khemist_kaos

khemist_kaos

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Why choose the Tekin ESC from the Novak's Pro? I was also looking at getting the 13.5 Novak but wasnt sure about an ESC? Still learning the trade also, what about servos? MY truck is out of commission becuase of the ESC.
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Bobby told me the same about ESC taking the TEKIN. today I was looking for an ESC and I have a question about the TEKIN RS PRO. Are there different models of it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am

The ONLY difference between the RS and RS Pro is the ability to run below a 5.5 540 motor or being able to run a 550 can motor for SC4X4. That is IT. you can run any 5.5 and above motor on an RS sensored and sensorless as well as brushed motors. They are a little PRICEY, but well worth the $$$. I have yet to have an issue with an RS personally.

Next to the RS I would say Mamba Max Pro because of price and its flexibility to run up to 6S lipo and able to run 550 motors.

That is for 10th scale ESCs and way... Both have software interfaces for the computer for programability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.go-rcing.org
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 am

khemist_kaos wrote:
Why choose the Tekin ESC from the Novak's Pro? I was also looking at getting the 13.5 Novak but wasnt sure about an ESC? Still learning the trade also, what about servos? MY truck is out of commission becuase of the ESC.

The Tekins are smaller, run cooler, and are almost bullet proof. What happened to the Novak Pro? Novak had some serious quality issuse last year.

Servos I think choices are worse than ESCs. You just really need a metal gear servo with decent torque 100oz and speed .15s for a 2wd 10th scale offroad car. Any thing greater is nice, but not necessary. I actually found when racing in FL my servo was tooooooo fast . So fast it woulld cause the car to push if I turned to much!
Back to top Go down
shortysantana915

shortysantana915

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks dave
Back to top Go down
RTAMAYO86

RTAMAYO86

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Nice explanation there. Thanks dave.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rob86
khemist_kaos

khemist_kaos

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks Dave
I am not having trouble with the Novak ESC but the Velineon on the SCT. The button is getting stuck after every bump that it holds and is reseting the system, making the vehicle lose contact with the controller and may be affecting the servo. I had borrowed one from Adrian two weeks ago but when i placed it in it wasnt working as well and the ESC was just blinking red. So im searching for a new system.
Back to top Go down
bigwavedave33

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 pm

blinking red on those systems means your throttle trim is not centered. Best thing to do with a sticky button is to use some contact cleaner. I have some so bring your truck when you come by. I havne't done your antenna yet, but I will try late tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations for a motor and esc ??   Recomendations for a motor and esc ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recomendations for a motor and esc ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: El Paso RC :: Help/Tech :: Electronics-
Jump to: